HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 3:50 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domamania View Post
To be honest, you can see Tower 1 WTC from mount Ninham's Fire tower located in carmel Ny about 65 miles away on a clear day.
Sorry but that's not 65 miles. Maybe by car but as the crow flies it's 44 miles.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 3:54 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan88 View Post
The beam will be horizontal - It was originally conceived to blink the letter N in Morse code but the mirror and mechanism were very complicated and probably would not have survived the environment and first few lightning strikes. So it will be a horizontal beam like a light house beacon and will be provided by strong lighting. Here is their URL http://www.strong-world.com/Products/Lighting.aspx

alan
I don't agree with that. The morse code thing is happening, it's going to be a green or red light. The light will project over 1,000 feet over the spire. Where did you get this info from? I read this on the PA website

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 4:10 AM

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 4:12 AM

Go to page 956 and go down the page there is a diagram. Post#19116

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSkyline117 View Post
Sorry but that's not 65 miles. Maybe by car but as the crow flies it's 44 miles.
http://www.planputnam.org/highlands/firetower/index.htm, Thats proff that Tower 1 and the fire tower in carmel new york is 65 miles from each other. I live 10 minutes from ninham, and i have lived in lower manhattan right near the WTC.

On a clear night i can see Tower 1 and its lights clearly. and just imagine with 2 hundred feet to the roof, and 4 hundred feet with the spire and beacon of light. My view at 1,200 feet up will be beautiful. This building will be really beautiful.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 11:24 AM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidsam52 View Post
GIANTS WIN!!! I would hope (if not expect) that 1 WTC will be fully clad in deep blue lights (with maybe an accent of red) by tomorrow evening!!
Yeah man!! What a night! Let's hope the ESB will be lit for that special occasion...

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 12:11 PM
Bionic Boogie

DSC_5371 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr
SSP member since 2003
Please do not use any of my photos or videos without my permission. thanks

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 1:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSkyline117 View Post
I don't agree with that. The morse code thing is happening, it's going to be a green or red light. The light will project over 1,000 feet over the spire. Where did you get this info from? I read this on the PA website
He's involved in the project.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 1:12 PM

I think no steel today,wind alerts over 45 MPH.Hopefully I'm completely wrong though because I want to see me some perimeter steel erected.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 2:49 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domamania View Post
http://www.planputnam.org/highlands/firetower/index.htm, Thats proff that Tower 1 and the fire tower in carmel new york is 65 miles from each other. I live 10 minutes from ninham, and i have lived in lower manhattan right near the WTC.

On a clear night i can see Tower 1 and its lights clearly. and just imagine with 2 hundred feet to the roof, and 4 hundred feet with the spire and beacon of light. My view at 1,200 feet up will be beautiful. This. building will be really beautiful.
Oh I'm really sorry! I thought you meant the fire island fire tower in long island. I apologize I sounded like such a snob. I've never heard of the place but nOw that I saw that link I wanna go there. And yeah you're view will good if you have binoculars I guess or maybe at night. Is it hard to see the skyline from that far? I've seen it from 45 miles at max at Six Flags

Last edited by NewYorkSkyline117; Feb 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 2:56 PM

Great shot Carlos

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 3:06 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw5710 View Post
Go to page 956 and go down the page there is a diagram. Post#19116
I don't know. It seems like there's no certain source to back that up. Most recent diagrams show a vertical beam plus the website say "from a beacon, a vertical beam of light will project over 1,000 feet above the tower and will contain a flashing red light at the base that will singal the letter "N" for New York in morse code. This tower will also act as a sort of lighthouse that can be seen from over 70 miles, as far as Pennsylvania, Long Beach Island, and far North connecticut such as Bridgeport."

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidsam52 View Post
GIANTS WIN!!! I would hope (if not expect) that 1 WTC will be fully clad in deep blue lights (with maybe an accent of red) by tomorrow evening!!
I think green and blue would look pretty cool together on that tower. If and when the Giants and Jets make the playoffs at the same time.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 4:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMont View Post
I think green and blue would look pretty cool together on that tower. If and when the Giants and Jets make the playoffs at the same time.
http://www.esbnyc.com/current_events_tower_lights.asp

Use this as a reference..scroll down

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 6:01 PM

I have seen the change order issued to Five Star Electric for the beacon, so I know what it will be when installed. It was never going to be an upward beacon and there is nothing on the official PA website www.wtcprogress.com, that I see that says it is blinking letter N anymore. The www.WTC.com website is a silverstein properties website and they are not responsible for the building and would not be aware of changes.

alan

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 6:39 PM

I heard the cranes are back in operation now.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 6:57 PM
No grabbing my banana!

Quote:
I have seen the change order issued to Five Star Electric for the beacon, so I know what it will be when installed. It was never going to be an upward beacon and there is nothing on the official PA website www.wtcprogress.com, that I see that says it is blinking letter N anymore. The www.WTC.com website is a silverstein properties website and they are not responsible for the building and would not be aware of changes.

alan
I'm pretty sure that Silverstein Properties would be aware of pretty much any change orders that arise, since they are acting as the owners of the building (even if they don't technically own it). They're just not in the business of updating their websites to sate the interests of skyscraper enthusiasts who are interested in all sorts of major and minor construction details. Nor is it the business of the Port Authority to do so with their own website.

Basically, we can observe and report the updates that are posted on these websites, but we shouldn't rely on them as being completely accurate or current. And we certainly shouldn't be using them as rock-solid sources to back up our opinions and claims. After all, what was the last project of any kind in which the owners and construction company were forthright with keeping the public informed of exactly what they were doing, and when they were doing it?

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 7:11 PM

Crane Jump

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 7:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:

alan
Well i doubt it'll be a horizontal beam if that's what you're saying. On the order for the beacon, they wouldn't order a flashing N, it's a fact not partof an order. It may still be there but they didn'tmention it. Btw would you happen to know when they would start the communication ring/mast as soon as it's topped out?

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 7:19 PM

That Dbox rendering is the best rendering of any building/buildings I have ever seen.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive