HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Nov 25, 2009, 9:46 PM

Town Center at La Cantera

La Cantera Development Co. has been rezoning properties to begin construction on the town center.

http://epay.sanantonio.gov/dsddocume...April%2021.pdf

See page 22. Are they going to build this development in small phases to avoid bickering from Camp Bullis?

Old Posted Nov 26, 2009, 6:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
La Cantera Development Co. has been rezoning properties to begin construction on the town center.

http://epay.sanantonio.gov/dsddocume...April%2021.pdf

See page 22. Are they going to build this development in small phases to avoid bickering from Camp Bullis?
I think they would be more opposed to anything in the same quadrant as them, like anything new at the Rim or Fair Oaks Ranch. These docs are from April.
I think in May the City got credits for donating land to warbler habitat at Government Canyon, so now the only problem at Camp Bullis is lighting (for night missions) and % of coverage as "green" area for aquifer recharge purposes.

I would hope that they use compact infrastructure and less land-use for a more dense development there anyways (seeing as how they have to abide to the recharge zone standards.) It could actually be a halfway decent-looking project.... for being more sprawl. But I'd better not get my hopes up too high.
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio