Williams Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Houston Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Houston Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 15, 2008, 2:26 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 View Post
It's a great building but it needs a lot a lot of trees around it. Then it will look like a jewel sticking out of a forest.
About a mile north of the tower is the beginning of a very large piney woods area. There are probably some views of the Williams Tower from that area that would present the view you're talking about, but you would probably have to be up in one of the taller buildings in the woodsy area. Right at Williams Tower, there are no significant groves of tall trees. You're right, it would sure look nice if there were.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2008, 4:22 AM
Ex Houstonian

I have lived in Houston for about half my life so far and I really never liked this tower. I dont know, I just plain flat out dont like it. I think what it is is the black cap they put on it. It just doesnt add anything to the building and makes it abrputly end at the top. I like its height and everything but I think its one of my least favorite buildings that are of its size in the U.S.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2008, 4:48 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
I have lived in Houston for about half my life so far and I really never liked this tower. I dont know, I just plain flat out dont like it. I think what it is is the black cap they put on it. It just doesnt add anything to the building and makes it abrputly end at the top. I like its height and everything but I think its one of my least favorite buildings that are of its size in the U.S.
I agree about the cap, but otherwise it's probably my favorite of all modern buildings. But I guess various buildings appeal to some and not others. For example, I've seen where so many people like the Sears Tower, yet it has no appeal to me. Not sure why.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture