HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
Visited Westmount mall for the first time in ages. Dollarama is there now
Ages is right, Dollarama has been there going on 2 years now lol. In case you missed it, Shoeless Joes is now a Kelsey's too lol.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 11:00 PM

Down at Covent Market, Blackburn Radio station Classic Rock 98.1FM is taking over the former CTV studio. Craig Needles, who used to do the morning talk show on CFPL 980 until a few years ago, does the afternoon drive show on that station as well as a couple times a week podcast in the format of his old talk show, will be hosting his radio show there every Friday, as well as on days there are special events at local downtown venues like Bud Gardens, Harris Park (Rock The Park etc) and London Music Hall. He will also record his Friday roundtable podcast there. I highly recommend his podcasts, given the lack of local news radio here anymore, and the Friday roundtable is typically entertaining, depending on who the guests are, and unlike radio, swearing is allowed. He did an hour with the police chief and chair of the police board last week that I really suggest people give a listen to after the recent budget debates.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2024, 8:04 PM
The Vomit Bag.

i have lived in London since 2005. I go to the market about once a week. In that entire time, I have never seen CTV use that studio.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2024, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
i have lived in London since 2005. I go to the market about once a week. In that entire time, I have never seen CTV use that studio.
It was used by their morning show starting in 2000; the show was hosted live from the Market. They gradually used it less and less, and by maybe 2008 the show was mostly being done from the regular news studio. Then the show got cancelled in 2009.

That studio has basically sat abandoned since 2009.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2024, 6:36 PM
The Vomit Bag.

CTV wonders why less people watch it. It has become the Canadian Toronto Video channel. There is so little local content of any quality left outside of the biggest cities.

Don't even get me started on the London Free Press, which has become birdcage liner.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation