HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Dec 12, 2011, 3:07 AM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin22 View Post
WOW! That would have been sooooo AWESOME! Were there ever any renderings for this? I'd be really nice if someone bought this and developed something like this. We need some taller buildings in this area.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2011, 3:14 AM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Actually this photo surfaced a couple of years ago suggesting plans that could include several more phases in the long term. I recall it being discussed at the time that the 12th &Midtown developers didn't own any sites other than the 4 phases.

You did break the news about Phase 4A delivering in 2013 even before it was in the news outlets.

Apparently Phase 4B is the other building in the bottom half of this pic. Phase 3 is the building on top.

Where did you get that rendering? Is there a bigger one?

Old Posted Dec 28, 2011, 1:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
Where did you get that rendering? Is there a bigger one?
Its on the architect's website under master planning. RJTR

Old Posted Jan 6, 2012, 3:15 PM

Tower Cranes Return

Two weeks ago, the lot along W. Peachtree and 12th street was still an active surface parking lot with a sign reading "highly motivated seller." Now the fences are in place and the machines are moving earth on the 22 story Novare apartment building. I tried to post an image by my internet skills are failing me.

And just behind that lot is a tower crane for the 12 story Hilton Garden Inn (http://www.hgimediacenter.com/index.cfm/page/2015) at the corner of 10th and Williams.

Atlanta needs another glass box on its skyline like I need a hole in the head, but count me among the grateful and excited that there is finally strong signs of activity again.

Phase IV of the 12th and Midtown project is also under contstruction and appears to be moving at a pace identical to the Novare project. I will try to figure out how to post pics early next week.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLswede View Post
Two weeks ago, the lot along W. Peachtree and 12th street was still an active surface parking lot with a sign reading "highly motivated seller." Now the fences are in place and the machines are moving earth on the 22 story Novare apartment building. I tried to post an image by my internet skills are failing me.

And just behind that lot is a tower crane for the 12 story Hilton Garden Inn (http://www.hgimediacenter.com/index.cfm/page/2015) at the corner of 10th and Williams.

Atlanta needs another glass box on its skyline like I need a hole in the head, but count me among the grateful and excited that there is finally strong signs of activity again.

Phase IV of the 12th and Midtown project is also under contstruction and appears to be moving at a pace identical to the Novare project. I will try to figure out how to post pics early next week.

Here's the image posting guide.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 11:04 PM

So, is it just the Skyhouse project that they're moving dirt for, or have they started work on 77 12th street too? Sorry for being confused, but I read that both are underway and its hard to tell just by reading some times. Add since I'm in boston now, I can't walk by like I would have a few years ago...

@ ATLswede - Cant wait to see pictures...

Old Posted Jan 12, 2012, 11:30 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connect View Post
So, is it just the Skyhouse project that they're moving dirt for, or have they started work on 77 12th street too? Sorry for being confused, but I read that both are underway and its hard to tell just by reading some times. Add since I'm in boston now, I can't walk by like I would have a few years ago...

@ ATLswede - Cant wait to see pictures...
Both broke ground about 2 weeks ago. They actually broke ground right about the same time. It'll be interesting to see which one rises faster.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2012, 3:49 AM

Quote:
Both broke ground about 2 weeks ago. They actually broke ground right about the same time. It'll be interesting to see which one rises faster.
That's easy. Novare is master of the easy to build tower. Now when it come to aesthetics... not so much. I read that they are planning to start move-ins this year.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Jan 13, 2012 at 4:03 AM.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
That's easy. Novare is master of the easy to build tower. Now when it come to aesthetics... not so much. I read that they are planning to start move-ins this year.
The crews are not working 24 hour shifts, and the site is dormant on weekends. I'm a total optimist about these things, but I think it's literally impossible to have people moving in by the end of the year. That would be 22 stories in about 11 months and they have barely begun excavation.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2012, 4:18 PM

Ponce Market is a Green Project

old City Hall East may look like a vacant fortress looming over Ponce de Leon Avenue, but the developer already has crews working to resuscitate its 2 million square feet with the goal of reusing or recycling all of its parts, even to the point of turning an internal railway into a linear park 30 feet above the ground.

"It doesn't look like we're doing anything, but we've been in there since October," said Jim Irwin, vice president of development for Green Street Properties. "We're in the demolition stage now, and we mandated that the subcontractors recycle everything."

On Thursday, workers were busy stripping acres of maple hardwood floors that will become the signature surface for what is now named Ponce City Market, which is scheduled to open in 2014 with condos, restaurants and stores. Others were separating metal for recycling
http://www.waste-management-world.co...587797827.html

Old Posted Jan 23, 2012, 5:08 AM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropundit View Post
old City Hall East may look like a vacant fortress looming over Ponce de Leon Avenue, but the developer already has crews working to resuscitate its 2 million square feet with the goal of reusing or recycling all of its parts, even to the point of turning an internal railway into a linear park 30 feet above the ground.

"It doesn't look like we're doing anything, but we've been in there since October," said Jim Irwin, vice president of development for Green Street Properties. "We're in the demolition stage now, and we mandated that the subcontractors recycle everything."

On Thursday, workers were busy stripping acres of maple hardwood floors that will become the signature surface for what is now named Ponce City Market, which is scheduled to open in 2014 with condos, restaurants and stores. Others were separating metal for recycling
http://www.waste-management-world.co...587797827.html

2014!?!? )= That's so far away...

Old Posted Jan 24, 2012, 2:39 PM

Quote:
2014!?!? )= That's so far away...
Two years goes by fast!

In other news, the Center for Civil & Human Rights will be breaking ground by June!

http://saportareport.com/blog/2012/0...-human-rights/

Now that the streetcar is under construction, $100M will be invested in the King Center, and the College Football HOF is scheduled to break ground, Downtown could actually start become somewhat vibrant again within the next five years.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2012, 12:19 AM

Just for reminding, Center for Civil & Human Rights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSXZmD1lALQ

Old Posted Jan 25, 2012, 2:43 PM

Great news for the ponce corridor.

Historic Ponce Apartments Slated for Renovation
Construction set to begin this summer
By Jaclyn Hirsch Va Highland Druid Hills Patch

http://vahi.patch.com/articles/histo...for-renovation

Old Posted Jan 26, 2012, 3:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2phx View Post
Great news for the ponce corridor.

Historic Ponce Apartments Slated for Renovation
Construction set to begin this summer
By Jaclyn Hirsch Va Highland Druid Hills Patch

http://vahi.patch.com/articles/histo...for-renovation
That IS great news! I have admired that building for many years and always hoped that someone would discover/restore it. I hope it's a success...

Old Posted Feb 2, 2012, 12:41 AM

Toyota to build plant 60 miles Northeast of Atlanta

Toyota Industries Corp. will invest $350 million to open a manufacturing plant in Pendergrass, Ga., creating 320 jobs, Gov. Nathan Deal reported Tuesday.

The Georgia 600,000-square-foot operation will be known as Toyota Industries Compressor Parts America (TICA). It will be next to TD Automotive Compressor Georgia (TACG).

The TICA plant will open in late 2013 and make the main parts of automotive compressors currently being imported from Japan and assembled at the TACG facility.

Last edited by atlwarrior; Feb 2, 2012 at 3:32 AM.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2012, 7:20 PM

The tower crane is going up on the Novare project today. They are still doing site work over at the 12th and Midtown project. Novare is winning the footrace, for now...

Old Posted Feb 3, 2012, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLswede View Post
The tower crane is going up on the Novare project today. They are still doing site work over at the 12th and Midtown project. Novare is winning the footrace, for now...
I was over at 12th and Midtown yesterday. The crane was there.... but still lying on its side. Looks like they had to do a bunch of ground-work on the west side of the site

Old Posted Mar 1, 2012, 8:08 PM

ponce city market parking deck demo has started:

they've also posted a webcam:

http://oxblue.com/open/jamestownprop...oncecitymarket

Old Posted Mar 2, 2012, 9:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl2phx View Post
ponce city market parking deck demo has started:

they've also posted a webcam:

http://oxblue.com/open/jamestownprop...oncecitymarket
wonder how much they had to pay EATS to put that up there?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta