HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jan 26, 2023, 7:44 PM

1072 West Peachtree | 61 FLR | 733 feet

Quote:
At 61-stories, the new 1072 West Peachtree tower will soar over Atlanta as the fourth-tallest building in the city. The project is comprised of 250,000 sf of Class A office space, 350 residential units, 10,000 sf of retail that will serve both the general public and building occupants and an eight-story parking deck – all housed on a densely-stacked, 50,000 sf site in Midtown. Given the significant footprint of the program, energy efficient, sustainable principles will also inform the design of the new 1072 West Peachtree tower. To enhance the street level experience of 1072 West Peachtree in the 24/7 live/work/play environment of Atlanta’s Midtown district, the 850-space parking structure will be screened from public view by a street-facing ‘liner’ of creative loft duplex apartments. Additionally, a highly innovative reinterpretation of this project’s residential program maximizes the occupant experience. Holding eight residential units per floor, the slender residential tower’s unique pinwheel configuration guarantees that each unit has at least two cardinal views. This transformative mixed-use development will bring continued energy to Midtown through a vibrant, iconic, contextually sensitive design.
https://www.tvsdesign.com/projects/project-detail/2701/

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Oct 18, 2023 at 10:56 PM.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2023, 8:36 PM

This looks great....I have heard they are going to build the core first, like they did with the IBM Tower, this will go faster.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2023, 9:31 PM

1072 has its own thread! I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but i'm quite excited for this.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2023, 9:32 PM

The latest & revised design is 60 floors and 730', not 61 and 733'. Not a huge change.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2023, 12:21 AM

The most exciting proposal that looks like it may actually get off the ground in ages. It'll be a treat to see it rise.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2023, 4:01 AM

I'm struggling to be happy about this one because I don't like anything about the design. Random facades all over the base, giant blank wall on 12th St., generic glass box on top. Looks like a Hilton Hotel impaled by a Skyhouse. So many recent Midtown projects are more cohesive and interesting. Wasted opportunity IMO.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2023, 4:08 AM

I think the design intention is for it to look like two different buildings: a boxy midrise that’s around the same height as the rest of midtown, with a pencil-like high rise that looks more like a NYC or Chicago tower.

Essentially, you can’t build one of these without a pedestal in ATL, so distract from the pedestal by making it look like an entirely different structure.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2023, 2:42 PM

I like that it looks like 2 separate buildings; sort of a 2 for 1 deal.lol..
IMO, if the shorter section was similarly cladded in glass it would be too much.

It's just shy of being a rectangular box; the "pinwheel" designed won't be visually recognized. So I agree that it needs some type of ornamental top or unique design feature.. It doesn't have to be overdone..

With few exceptions , Most of the skyscrapers in the Atlanta area have very unique tops and/or structural ornamentation. The two exceptions; Tower Square (former AT&T building) brutalistic with corner dimples; and Two Peachtree ( pinstriped, recently sold to CoA). One could argue that the Marriott Marquis got pregnant to avoid being on this list.

Last edited by ATL Champion; Jan 27, 2023 at 2:43 PM. Reason: sp

Old Posted Jan 28, 2023, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post

Great rendering, but the building placements are...a bit off, no?

Old Posted Jan 29, 2023, 1:19 AM

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Jan 29, 2023 at 1:30 AM.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2023, 1:51 AM

Great video and renderings. I love how this proposal just makes it apparent that Midtown couldn’t been adding much more housing and office space this whole time. Love the density occurring, however could have been a lot more.

I think I was critical of this originally, however think it’ll be a great addition.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2023, 6:46 AM

Great video; I love the AR of the Golf course and the office station with such substantial patio space. I wonder how much is a deposit to hold residential, and how much are they going for? It truly is above the other and dwarfs all the other buildings around it. It shows 2025 delivery at the end.

Last edited by atlwarrior; Jan 29, 2023 at 11:11 AM.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2023, 12:34 PM

This is going to look great in the skyline

Even though the design isn't amazing, the skinniness of this building alone is going to look really sharp in the Midtown skyline. It looks a bit like a Manhattan apartment tower. And hopefully it inspires future projects to break the 25-40 story plateau we've seen for the past 15 years in Midtown.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2023, 1:31 PM

I feel like maximum FAR requirements mean projects like this will be the exception, not the norm, in Midtown.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2023, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testarossa50 View Post
I feel like maximum FAR requirements mean projects like this will be the exception, not the norm, in Midtown.
Foe other’s reference, the parcel size for this project is smaller than most other developments we’ve seen go up in midtown. Many others are entire block consuming. It’s cheaper to build not as tall, however with so much land consumed in Midtown and smaller parcels now available, I wouldn’t be surprised if we start seeing more mixed use and taller buildings to try and offset the cost of land acquisition.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2023, 3:55 PM

I tend to agree. With the growing density we have now, it is a matter of time before taller projects start popping up. Only so many more parcels to fill. Especially if this development is as successful as I expect it to be. It will be iconic being by far the tallest residential tower in the city until (hopefully before too long) it is surpassed or at least we get projects of similar height.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2023, 5:52 PM

Also agree. A lot of folks have been saying that eventually, with all this infill of 20-30 story towers, available lots will be smaller and force taller projects. This is the first fruit to come to bare.

Like a lot of others, i wish it were more iconic, but i think its just the beginning for Midtowns next phase of development.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2023, 8:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
Even though the design isn't amazing, the skinniness of this building alone is going to look really sharp in the Midtown skyline. It looks a bit like a Manhattan apartment tower. And hopefully it inspires future projects to break the 25-40 story plateau we've seen for the past 15 years in Midtown.
Yes, it looks like a shorter version of a billionaires' row tower. Hopefully, it will spur more development for buildings over the 700-foot mark.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2023, 11:59 AM

Just looking at the lot from the NW and NE corners on 12th St.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2023, 5:14 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

What is the ETA in groundbreaking? If they plan to deliver early 2025, they'd better get a jump on things.

This area is really growing/improving. Once we get a few more towers in this area, it's really going to be great.10+ years ago, this area was DEAD. Now I see a ton of people walking. It's only going to get better.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta