HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Mar 16, 2013, 10:29 PM
BANNED

Kudos Calgary

The nature of forums is that usually, complaints outweigh compliments several fold. Nothing wrong with that, as they are often helpful while also being critical. That being said, there has been an undertone of other subtitles that are very positive to Calgary, and I'd love to flush some of those out. These include the attitudes of drivers and commuters in general, our engagement in civil society for the common good, and frankly, our engagement in general.

I'd like to start the thread off with a good story about a pick-up driver in winter (which usually brings images of two tonnes of sliding metal getting wedged in the snow). Today I was leaving the local grocery store when the pick up driver behind me, while we waited for the light to turn, came out of his vehicle. Instinctively I glanced at my door handle to ensure the door was locked. The fellow approached the car that was stopped parallel to me and tapped on the trunk - I watched closely in case something happened where I'd need to give a report. When the slightly elderly fellow in the car looked in the rear-view, the truck driver pointed to the gas cap, which now I noticed was open on the fellow's car. He then proceeded to tighten the cap, closed the compartment, and they both waved acknowledgement to each other.

Kudos Calgary!

If you have stories to share, or generally other aspects of your area or Calgary that make you want to give kudos, here ya' go!

Hope all the skyscraper enthusiasts and development focused folks don't mind this off left field thread.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2013, 2:10 PM
cow orker

So, I was in some mega shopping mall way the fuck out in Vinyltownne when I saw two super old foggies so frightened out of their wits that they couldn't decide who should go first at the light. Then I realized: they were frozen with fear due to the gas cap hanging from the older fart's Caddy. I jumped out of my truck and did the cap up, waving to get him moving.

Boy. It sure was swell that they eventually came to their faculties and were able to get going, otherwise I would have been stuck there all day.

--
Also, my neighbour shoveled my walks again. Kudos, for clearing the snow (and not murdering me).

Old Posted Mar 17, 2013, 4:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by monocle View Post
So, I was in some mega shopping mall way the fuck out in Vinyltownne
--
Also, my neighbour shoveled my walks again. Kudos, for clearing the snow (and not murdering me).
Monocle - It is quite disgraceful that you insist on making every thread a "vs" thread. Quite pathetic even.

Nice that you feel privileged to have had your walk shoveled. I think in many areas of Calgary this is not so unique, but is still a nice thing for you to notice.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2013, 5:08 PM
cow orker

Lighten up man.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2013, 9:14 PM
Here and There

Wow

Saw the best thing ever in Calgary on Saturday!!

On 17th a douche was whistling out of his jacked up truck and yelling at people.....like saying "fags" etc......finally, after blocks and blocks of this loser yelling, someone finally reacted and gave the douche the middle finger.......so the yelling douche jumped out of his truck to beat the guy up. He walked up to the guy (like a total douche) and started to push him......then a guy ran over to stop this douche bully. The bully tried to start with him too....then another person ran over..........then another....... IT WAS AMAZING. There were people yelling at the douchebag telling him to leave the guy alone, and fuck off, etc.

There appears to be a strong anti-bully attitude in Calgary

Kudos Calgary.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy