HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Business, the Economy & Politics

Old Posted Jan 23, 2007, 4:52 PM

Welcome to Portland! Plz pardon our dust while we complete our billion $$$ renovation

Holiday season is officially over, massive construction to continue...on a side note, I have noticed a crap load of noise coming from the transit mall, and I work 5 blocks away...

Construction projects continue downtown
Portland Business Journal - January 19, 2007

The snow is gone, but downtown construction projects that will affect drivers next week remain.

Buses moved off the Portland Mall on Jan. 14, with Fifth and Sixth avenues mostly open to regular traffic, but that will change beginning Monday.

City of Portland water and sewer relocation activities for the Portland Mall Light Rail Project will continue, primarily on Fifth Avenue. Crews will be jack hammering, digging and installing pipes. This work will be performed from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays. Access to businesses and buildings will be maintained; motorists and cyclists may be rerouted.

The following routes may be affected by lane closures:

* S.W. Sixth, lane closures and parking removal from Jackson to Harrison; at least two lanes open at all times.
* S.W. Jefferson, one lane closed at Fifth.
* S.W. Salmon, one lane closed at Fifth except 4-6 p.m.; the bus stop remains open.
* S.W. Washington, one lane closed at Fifth; the bus stop is temporarily closed.
* N.W. Glisan at Fifth, one lane closed 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Other projects that may affect drivers include:

* Downtown water mains. S.W. Columbia Street will have one lane closed between S.W. Sixth Avenue and Park and also between S.W. 11th and 12th as construction for the water main replacement wraps up. All TriMet bus stops will remain open for boarding and deboarding.
* Naito Parkway reconstruction. Naito Parkway is open for traffic in both directions. There may be intermittent lane closures during off peak travel times but at least one lane will be open in both directions at all times.
* S.W. Ninth between Yamhill and Taylor, closed daily 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* S.W. Taylor between Park and Ninth avenues, one lane (north side) closed daily 6 a.m to 4 p.m.
* S.W. Salmon between 13th and 12th Avenues, one lane (south side) closed daily 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* S.W. Clay between 10th and 11th Avenues, one lane (south side) closed daily 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* N.W. 12th between Flanders and Everett, southbound travel lane closed all hours, all days; northbound lane closed intermittently.
* N.W. Glisan/Ninth-10th right lane closed intermittently during non-peak hours.

http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/...ml?t=printable

Old Posted Jan 23, 2007, 6:02 PM
Criss Crosser of Country

I work at 5th & Alder and it's quite the adventure every time I leave the office! (My block gets torn up from April to July.)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Business, the Economy & Politics