HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Aug 26, 2011, 2:21 AM
on the south side

BTW, JFRE81; great pics!! It's been a while since we seen the ATX represented here. Didn't mean to hijack the thread!

Old Posted Aug 26, 2011, 2:35 AM
reticulating splines

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowens View Post
BTW, JFRE81; great pics!! It's been a while since we seen the ATX represented here. Didn't mean to hijack the thread!
Hijacking? What am I supposed to say? "Hey man, whatever you do, don't keep posting and bumping this to the top so more people can see it. That would be terrible!"

Glad you enjoyed. Hope to make it back there sometime soon.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2011, 2:55 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevoLJ
Edit: I forgot... We can't even come up with one name for the part of the river running right though downtown. To me it will always be Town Lake. But it is now also Lady Bird Lake. I love Lady Bird. She was a great woman and first lady. The mother of Austin I like to say, she loved us so much. But I am just so used to Town Lake, to me that is what it is. lol. Oh and speaking of the Town Lake... The main bridge is now also Ann Richards Bridge, but also Congress Bridge. So there is that too.
Lady Bird was great for Austin. She did a lot to beautify Texas highways with her wildflower campaign, but few people realize that she also had a lot of trees planted along the lake. Before the river was dammed and the beautification started, there were pretty much no trees along the river. I don't think downtown would be the same if she hadn't spearheaded the movement to beautify the river. Just think now all those residential highrises are in part supported by the hike & bike trail and vise versa.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos