HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
They need something like this for Trax and front runner.. Where you can just pick your fair on your phone.. And BAM! Then you just show your phone ticket if you get stopped.
I like the idea, but it may create an incentive for tech-savy transit riders NOT to purchase a ticket, and just have the app ready in case UTA police board the train they are on.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
The quick park app for the iPhone is awesome. So easy to use, just snap a photo of the qa code. Then it notifies you when your time is about to expire and you can add more time remotely.... Love it.

They need something like this for Trax and front runner.. Where you can just pick your fair on your phone.. And BAM! Then you just show your phone ticket if you get stopped.
That is also available on android phones and if your android phone has an nfc chip (like mine does) all you have to do is tap your phone on the qa code. Also you can do this on the tap on tap off machines on the buses and trax platforms .

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 9:33 PM

^
Who do I talk to about getting a Windows Phone App?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 11:42 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedBell View Post
I like the idea, but it may create an incentive for tech-savy transit riders NOT to purchase a ticket, and just have the app ready in case UTA police board the train they are on.
It would obviously have a purchase time and location associated with it... Its not that tough to check.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC14 View Post
^
http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Old Posted Sep 27, 2012, 11:46 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC14 View Post
^

Corporate Office
QuickPay Corp.
770 Menlo Avenue
Suite 101
Menlo Park CA 94025

Email - sales@qpme.com
Office - 650.394.QPME (650.394.7763)
Fax - 650.394.6877

Support
Email - support@qpme.com
Email support 24x7

Phone - 650.394.QPME (650.394.7763)
Phone support available Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 5:00pm Pacific

Connect with us!

Old Posted Sep 28, 2012, 12:56 AM
Lurker

FrontRunner in Murray

TOD in Murray

Old Posted Oct 1, 2012, 8:06 AM
Lurker

It might be cool to have a forum meetup once FrontRunner South opens up. Just a thought

Old Posted Oct 1, 2012, 2:10 PM

That'd be fun.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2012, 12:33 AM

This is so darn exciting (the FrontRunner photos in Murray and the ones in Provo which are posted in the Provo thread). I can't believe the opening of the extension is so close. The UTA has already indicated that free rides will be part of the opening festivities.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2012, 1:08 AM
The Drifter

9 miles of Mountain View Corridor open this week

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=22409826&nid...&s_cid=queue-3

Old Posted Oct 10, 2012, 6:25 AM

UTA Analyses* Public Input For Proposed Service Changes

In preparation for the opening of FrontRunner between Salt Lake City and Provo in December, UTA reviewed existing service in Salt Lake and Utah counties and developed a service proposal for public review.

A report on the public process, along with details of the final service plan will be discussed at UTA’s monthly board of trustees committee meetings on Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2012.

A total of 302 comments were collected on the proposed changes and include comments about many parts of UTA’s business, including those areas not affected by the proposed changes. The comments can generally be divided into the following categories:
  • General Salt Lake City changes – Comments dealt with the need for faster bus service between Salt Lake Central, downtown and the University of Utah in addition to comments on proposed changes to the west side of Salt Lake City.
  • General Utah County changes – Most people were opposed to the express buses being eliminated.
  • Elimination of Route 810 – A large group of people want the 810 express bus to the University of Utah and Research Park to remain in service.
  • Changes to Routes 347 and 534 – A large group requested service from FrontRunner to Riverton in the mornings and back in the evenings in addition to the proposed one-way to FrontRunner service.
  • Rail changes and random comments – Suggestions for rail service or a variety of other unrelated UTA services.

http://www.letsrideuta.com/2012/10/0...rvice-changes/

*Notice UTA's use of British spelling conventions. Win.

Well, there you have it. We'll be receiving a more finalized proposal tomorrow as to how bus routes will change to serve the new FrontRunner extension in December. It's no surprise that the vast majority of express bus users are opposed to the elimination of the intercounty expresses. But I still don't entirely get why. I assume we'll see the preservation of the 801 or the 802.

The opposition to the elimination of the 810 bewilders me even more. Currently, to get from University Mall in Orem to the U of U takes 1 hour 45 minutes, assuming the bus stays on schedule. Taking FrontRunner from Orem to Murray and transferring to the Red Line will take roughly 1 hour 25 minutes, with the risk of running late much reduced.

EDIT: I guess they posted the updated proposals at midnight. Take a look at them here: http://www.rideuta.com/mc/?page=UTA-...erRouteChanges

Old Posted Oct 10, 2012, 12:05 PM

Utah County FrontRunner, airport TRAX lines still on track

The last cement pour for the UTA TRAX along North Temple between the airport and the Salt Lake City International Airport June 25, 2012, in Salt Lake City. It will be open to passengers in April 2013. (Tom Smart, Deseret News)

By Jason Lee, Deseret News

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...-on-track.html

SALT LAKE CITY — Commuters heading to Salt Lake City from Utah County may have an alternative form of transportation sooner than expected.

Construction and testing on the FrontRunner South commuter rail line is moving ahead faster than anticipated, according to the Utah Transit Authority.

It promises commuters they will save time when the new FrontRunner South line opens Dec. 10. The agency projects approximately 6,800 passengers will ride the train each day. In addition to four stops in Utah County, FrontRunner South will also have stops in South Jordan and Murray.

For commuters like Dean Sanpei of Provo, having an alternative to driving into downtown everyday will be a great relief...

Old Posted Oct 10, 2012, 3:37 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

Wow! So they must do about 5-6 months of testing on the Trax lines before opening them.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2012, 5:12 PM

So Front Runner south opens in December, and the airport line opens in April. Anyone know when the Sugarhouse streetcar is projected to start service? Is it in 2013?

Old Posted Oct 10, 2012, 8:25 PM

The RDA in SLC is saying that construction should be complete in 2013, but ajiuO is correct, federal standards require 6 months of testing on rail lines before they can be utilized by the public. So I'm not sure if that will still mean it is operational in 2013 or not.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2012, 10:47 PM
Development Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPlanner View Post
The RDA in SLC is saying that construction should be complete in 2013, but ajiuO is correct, federal standards require 6 months of testing on rail lines before they can be utilized by the public. So I'm not sure if that will still mean it is operational in 2013 or not.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think when they were making the announcement of the Free Fare Zone on the Doug Wright Show, I heard them say the following regarding opening new lines.

Dec 2012: FrontRunner to Provo
Apr 2013: Airport
Aug 2013: Draper
Dec 2013: Sugarhouse

Old Posted Oct 10, 2012, 11:38 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPlanner View Post
Have you been down north temple??? Its practically done. They even had the switch lights on today.. They are currently working on cleaning up and doing a few odds and ends.. I expect that they should be testing by the end of the month... Just a guess though. I would also expect north temple to have all lanes of traffic open any time now.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think when they were making the announcement of the Free Fare Zone on the Doug Wright Show, I heard them say the following regarding opening new lines.

Dec 2012: FrontRunner to Provo
Apr 2013: Airport
Aug 2013: Draper
Dec 2013: Sugarhouse
There was an article on the trib that had a few more dates than the Deseret News article, although specific months aren't given

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politic...-lake.html.csp

"expected completion of TRAX expansions to the Salt Lake City International Airport next spring and Draper next summer and the new Sugarhouse streetcar next fall."

Old Posted Oct 11, 2012, 3:52 AM
Vote for me in 2019!

That is some serious rail expansion in just over two years time. Red Line, Green Line, FrontRunner South, Airport line (green line extension), Draper line (blue line extension) and the Sugarhouse streetcar.

We already have a good rail transit system, but we are just over a year away from having a great rail transit system.

I received a tweet yesterday

SaltLakeCity Council ‏@slcCouncil

UTA leaders meet with #SLC Council & Mayor talking future issues: next streetcar, passes, state leg, etc pic.twitter.com/Lcoxibqa

I love the fact that they are discussing the next streetcar. The D News article says they are $500 million under budget on all the lines that were in the 2015 plan. I say use it for the next street car line. Actually if they have already bonded for the money they should simply use the money as rainy day funds and/or use it to pay off current bonds a little sooner. Maybe use the money to provide incentives to developers around transit stations. I have no idea how their bonding works, so I am just throwing ideas out there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West