HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Three World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 23, 2011, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
I’m hoping that the Conde Nast signing will ignite some interest in Towers 2 and 3.
Same, they are amazing towers- the site's not complete without them both. Maybe they'll set up shop in either tower 2 or 3 too.

Old Posted May 23, 2011, 12:39 AM
World Machine

Towers 2 and 3 have some ideal space for financial anchor tenants. That’s the clientele I’m hoping will show some interest in the spaces to get them off the ground.

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 6:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14565458

Columbia company to help rebuild World Trade Center

May 3, 2011
By Brandi Cummings
So from this I'm taking it he's trying to build tower 3 to full scale, before doing anything at all with tower 2(once it gets built up to the ground)?

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 12:57 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
The problem with 3 WTC is it has too much detail. The Other towers are plain, but unique in their own way. The braceing on the tower is very cool, but dosnt belong in the complex. Maybe it would be better off without the exterior braceing.
Aww, who knows. Someone else might say the extra detail on No. 3 is a good relief from the mono-tonal quality of the other towers. People will get used to the complex, and in another 20 years cry bloody murder if anyone wants to make any changes.

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted May 27, 2011, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
Aww, who knows. Someone else might say the extra detail on No. 3 is a good relief from the mono-tonal quality of the other towers. People will get used to the complex, and in another 20 years cry bloody murder if anyone wants to make any changes.
I have to say I love tower 3. While I agree I don't know how good it will look with towers 1 and 4, I think it will look awesome with 2. I think the building looks so good, it wouldn't look bad anywhere.

Old Posted May 27, 2011, 1:50 AM

Im glad each of the 4 buildings looks different because there is alot of glass going up. They will stand out and not just be another in a million buildings.

Old Posted May 28, 2011, 2:51 PM
Grand is Golden!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman92 View Post
Same, they are amazing towers- the site's not complete without them both. Maybe they'll set up shop in either tower 2 or 3 too.
Hopefully they will buy some space in towers 2 and 3, this will stimulate the growth and lead to more tenants moving into those towers.

Old Posted May 30, 2011, 1:44 AM

idk why everyone keeps saying that these towers dont go together. In the end there a part of the city's fabric and nearly every building in any city has a neighbor it doesn't necessarily go with so who cares if they go together or not.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted May 30, 2011, 2:27 AM
Seek The Upward Horizon

Yeah, I'm not sure it would serve creativity to impose "architectural districts" committed to specific styles. If someone wants to build the greatest example of X ever constructed, but because of practical considerations only has access to a plot in an area characterized by Y, is there anything gained by denying them? Tower 3 could go either way - I see both peril and promise.

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 12:30 PM
Twin Towers crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthornton17 View Post
I have to say I love tower 3. While I agree I don't know how good it will look with towers 1 and 4, I think it will look awesome with 2. I think the building looks so good, it wouldn't look bad anywhere.
Well, I'd say it'll look good with 1 and 4 as well

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 1:34 PM
NEW YORK | CHICAGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthornton17 View Post
So from this I'm taking it he's trying to build tower 3 to full scale, before doing anything at all with tower 2(once it gets built up to the ground)?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
idk why everyone keeps saying that these towers dont go together. In the end there a part of the city's fabric and nearly every building in any city has a neighbor it doesn't necessarily go with so who cares if they go together or not.
Because towers can and should relate to each other in subtle ways that bind and enhance the street-scape and skyline. That doesn't mean everything is the same style, but they have a contextualism that plays off of one another. The buildings make the fabric, not the other way around. I care a lot if things work together, but I cant really make up my mind until all 4 towers are actually built.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 1:58 PM

UBS is in talks to be the anchor tenant of this tower.

They would move staff from Stamford, CT and from their two Midtown buildings.

This would be their North American HQ.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 2:42 PM
BANNED

How did you come upon this information? Call me crazy but I tend to be highly skeptical that negotiations are taking place for this building when WTC4 is still lacking the tenants it needs.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 3:17 PM
BANNED

http://therealdeal.com/newyork/artic...eenwich-street

UBS in talks to anchor 3 World Trade Center

June 01, 2011 09:00AM
Larry Silverstein and a rendering of 3 WTC Switzerland's largest lender, UBS AG, is in talks to move its Stamford, Conn.-based U.S. investment bank to Larry Silverstein's planned 3 World Trade Center tower by 2015. A source told Bloomberg News that the bank, which currently has New York City offices at 299 Park Avenue and 1285 Sixth Avenue, would take around 800,000 square feet at the 71-story, 2.1 million-square-foot skyscraper, which will have an alternate address of 175 Greenwich Street and is one of four that Silverstein is planning for the site. UBS completed the move to its Stamford facility, which houses the world's largest trading floor, in 2002, but with its offices an hour from Manhattan, the bank is at somewhat of a competitive disadvantage when it comes to attracting talent. According to Bloomberg's source, UBS has already moved some staffers from its equities and investment banking units to other office locations in New York City. A spokesperson for the bank said it currently has some 3 million square feet of office space under lease in the tri-state area. [Bloomberg]

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 3:24 PM
BANNED

Spectacular news!!!!!

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 3:43 PM
Twin Towers crusader

This news deserves a Paul Bearer style oh yes! I mean, that's awesome news! This building is so beautyfull and I would really like to see it built asap.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 5:02 PM

Awesome news.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 5:05 PM

I live in Zurich - UBS is domiciled here. They are in the news on a daily bases and everybody knows that UBS has been hit hard during the crisis. Don't expect that to be a secure deal yet even though it'd be awsome for NY.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 5:06 PM

If this works out then it's a go for liftoff! They are looking at twice the square footage that Silverstein needs to get his financing.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 5:51 PM

great news for my favorite WTC tower!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive