HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Dec 12, 2006, 9:31 PM
(re)member(er)

Yes...once south beach is a highrise district too, the completely-surrounded-by-buildings freeway approach that was taken away from us in the demolition of the 480 will finally return to San Francisco...can't happen soon enough imho

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 6:12 AM

I think before developers go south of the freeway they will look for more room in the financial districs or around city hall. But thats a long way off....

Old Posted Dec 30, 2006, 11:16 PM

I was a little camera happy today!

Here you can see the base of the second tower crane because...

...the core of the second (taller) tower is now out of the ground!

The view from the Millennium Tower site:

Old Posted Dec 31, 2006, 4:13 AM
Pacific Wonderland

What is this thread doing in the "proposals" section? First tower is almost topped off, certainly under construction, you think?

travel, architecture & photos of the textured world at http://www.pixelmap.com

Old Posted Dec 31, 2006, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandPark View Post
What is this thread doing in the "proposals" section? First tower is almost topped off, certainly under construction, you think?
true, this thread should be moved over to project construction. the tower currently under construction looks almost topped off (they're around the 33rd floor if i counted correctly). as for the other tower, it's nice to see that it's coming out of the ground now. maybe this tower will top off in september or october of next year?

Old Posted Dec 31, 2006, 5:03 PM
illwaukee/crooklyn

That's quite an impressive facade. Not much up close, but a real looker farther away.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2006, 9:48 PM
Green Berniecrat

I was in SF yesterday, but didnt get too much of a chance at taking pictures. Because of that, the quality seems to have suffered a bit. Clearly not the best pictures, but ehhh ...

A bit blurry picture from the Bay Bridge Approach:

From just up the street:

Image displaying the tower base and mid-rise:

Old Posted Jan 1, 2007, 9:01 PM
Sonoma Strong

^ the top foto shows a good shot with the existing skyline. thanks for the updates!. at least this one is rising fast.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2007, 10:25 PM
BANNED

In this pic:

Image displaying the tower base and mid-rise:

[/QUOTE]

That short white building to the right, is that part of the Inifinity as well? It looks like they are just remodeling the facade (just like Ritz Carlton) instead of building a new building. Interesting if that's the case!

Old Posted Jan 2, 2007, 12:15 AM
Green Berniecrat

^^^

As I understand it, it works sort of like a "2 x 2 block". The second Infinity tower (diagonally accross from the one currently under construction) and second mid-rise will be built behind what you see (along Spear Street). To my knowledge, the white building next door has nothing to do with the current construction.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2007, 3:19 AM
BANNED

I asked because their logo is plastered on the side of it, and it's not like it's a billboard hidden in an alley like that. Do they own this building as well?

Old Posted Jan 2, 2007, 4:33 AM
BANNED

^^The "short white building" at the far right of the picture in question is an internet server farm (building with rental space, air conditioning, electrical and fiber cable infrastructure for housing large numbers of servers leased to other companies) created by extensively remodeling an existing building in the late 1990's near the height of the internet "bubble". It has nothing to do with the Infinity project. The midrise under construction in the center of the photo (between the Infinity tower and the server farm) is a midrise section of the Infinity.

The Inifinity developer almost certainly merely rented space on the exterior of the server farm wall for their logo in an area that their project was going to cover up anyway.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2007, 5:43 AM
BANNED

That explains it, thanks. These beautiful hi- rises will certainly look out of place among the chain link car lots and "server farms" that seem to be everywhere in this area...

which makes me wonder: when these lots are turned into buildings, do you think that residents of places like the Infinity have some sort of "view security" that would prevent another hi- rise to be constructed across from them, or is there something in the contract which suggests that their view cannot be protected?

Last edited by tyler82; Jan 2, 2007 at 5:50 AM.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2007, 6:37 AM
Green Berniecrat

View insurance, huh. I've never lived in a highrise, but I dont think there is a such thing really. I've always thought it was an "at your own risk" type of deal.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2007, 2:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post
That explains it, thanks. These beautiful hi- rises will certainly look out of place among the chain link car lots and "server farms" that seem to be everywhere in this area...

which makes me wonder: when these lots are turned into buildings, do you think that residents of places like the Infinity have some sort of "view security" that would prevent another hi- rise to be constructed across from them, or is there something in the contract which suggests that their view cannot be protected?
Definitely not; in fact, a nearly identical building with 40-story and 35-story towers is expected to start construction in the next block of Folsom as soon as The Infinity is finished and sales have proceeded to the point where the projects won't compete (because they have they same developer). This will surely block some part of the views from some units as will the two towers of the Infinity block parts of views from some units of the other tower. Also, while one of the blocks across Folsom is to be a park, others are to have more highrises. The view east (toward the Bay) and south (toward the Bay Bridge) seems fairly safe but there will be buildings in other directions.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2007, 8:37 AM
BANNED

This one is a great pic because it shows where the undercontruction hi- rises will be located.
You can see the Millenium Tower inching up to the right of Infinity, just behind the Bus Ramp and infront of 50 Fremont Center.

I believe the yellow crane in the far back left is for the Intercontinental Hotel as the Moscone Center is adjacent to it.

I can visualize what the skyline is going to look like from the 80 by the location of all the cranes. What's that crane in the background to the right of the taller one behind Moscone?

A bit blurry picture from the Bay Bridge Approach:

Last edited by tyler82; Jan 3, 2007 at 8:42 AM.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2007, 3:35 AM

No, the crane to the far left is the Ritz-Carlton Hotel vertical expansion.

The project is probably 35 levels above 2 lobby levels, because the tower is 37 stories tall according to the sales office. So what I said a long time ago was right, the tower is probably 370-400 feet tall, which means that the second 42 story tower is probably 420-450 feet tall. Taller is better. To see, just compare this with the rendering.

芝加哥 Chicago: Trump Tower, Waterview Tower

Old Posted Jan 4, 2007, 3:44 AM
Pacific Wonderland

And this thread is back in the proposal section because.....???

travel, architecture & photos of the textured world at http://www.pixelmap.com

Old Posted Jan 4, 2007, 4:24 AM
BANNED

That black box to the left, isn't that an NSA wiretap building??

Old Posted Jan 4, 2007, 4:52 AM

No, but the van at the bottom of the picture has a government agent who is reading your mind.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive