HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 3:56 AM

That's really dope!! Thanks for sharing

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 1:54 PM

I so wish we had ads like this year round. Very big city feel

Old Posted Mar 5, 2024, 7:04 AM
Everywhere all at once

I've been thinking lately that maybe the Fairmont should consider placing logo signage atop the northern side of the building. Long-term, that is probably going to be the side of the building seen more often, since the towers around Rainey Street have all but obscured the south facade. It also looks taller from the north because the curtain wall goes all the way to ground level and isn't kneecapped by a massive white podium like it is on the Cesar Chavez side.

Just a thought

Old Posted Mar 11, 2024, 4:59 PM

I agree with all of this. There are plenty of other places where the ads during SXSW are obviously more temporary in terms of how they're placed, but I'm not really sure why the Fairmont hasn't tried to do something more permanent like this large banner, better signage or something on the bottom portions of the podium. Especially given the incredible amount of blank wall space on these first few floors.

Perhaps they think that a large advertisement "devalues" the fanciness of the Fairmont brand, but I'm not sure that would have that big of an impact -- especially at this location, where a good portion of their customer base is at the hotel for its proximity to the convention center, and likely aren't shopping around for competitors much (advertisement or no).

Not that I'm begging for the city to be filled with ads or anything, but I do correlate it to a "big city" feel to some degree, especially since even Dallas and Houston have a few large format things like this as well.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin