HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 30, 2008, 4:01 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Red face Salt Lake MSA Development Thread

All non-downtown development projects will go in this thread for now on. This includes projects in Murray, Westvalley, Sandy, midvalley and south valley cities though out the Salt Lake metro.

This thread will combined other threads such as...

South Salt Lake to get a 25-story tower
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=139631

RSL Stadium?.....Will it happen?
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=123315

Oh My God, Gehry 5-star Hotel In Lehi Is True!!!!
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=123793

Simple Forum Guidelines

#1 All posts that are not related to Salt Lake City Proper, but fall into the Official Salt Lake City Metro, i.e Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele Counties, will be posted on the Salt Lake City MSA Thread.

#2 Regarding the creation of individual threads for particular projects, such as 222 South Main,106th South, or Gehry. Until the Projects have broken ground, they should remain in their respective threads. Then, after they have broken ground, we should be respectful enough to get a majority consensus before creating a new thread for that specific project.

Midvalley & Southvalley rundown

Finish Projects

Sandy City

RSL Stadium
http://rslstadium.com/index2.html
Recently Finished in 2008
Floors:4-stories
Height:111 feet tall
Address: 9400 South State Street
Other: 20,000 seat soccer stadium to open in fall of 2008

Workers Compensation Fund Headquarters
Finish 2010
Floors:6
Height:Unknown
Address: 100 W. Towne Ridge Parkway (approximately 9700 South).
Other: The new facility will have enhanced structural elements and systems designed to facilitate continuous operation of the WCF in the event of a natural disaster or similar event. The facility is also being designed to improve work flow and operations as well as employee security. The facility will also have expanded resources for WCF-sponsored policyholder training on workplace safety, return to work and other workers' compensation related issues. LEED certification of the project will be sought. Phase 1 will be a 6-7 story building. Phase 2 could come later with a 2nd building that could reach up to 10-stories.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...mpensationFund

Scheels
Finish 2010
Floors:2-3
Address:approximately 11400 South between state street and I-15

Rendering

Murray

Intermountain Medical Center
Finished in 2008
Floors:15,9,7,6,5,3 ( Six buildings )
Address: 5300 South Main Street
One of Utah's largest construction projects, with over 1.3 million square feet, IMC houses a host of engineering innovations to address the diverse of a full-service medical campus.

Valley Center Towers Phase II
http://www.valleycentertowers.com/
Finish 2009
Floors:6 ( Three 6-story building in three phases. )
Address: 5300 South Green Street
Other: Office Space

Birkhill @ Fireclay
http://www.hamlethomes.com/communiti...eo.aspx?cid=18
Finish 2010
Floors:4
Address: 4500 South Main Street
Other: Mix-use housing, Office and retail space.

H&M and Crate&Barrel @ Fashion Place
Finish 2011
Floors:2
Address:
Other: New Retail

Park City

ST. Regis
Under construction
Floors:12
The floors are all done, and the roof is going on; The exterior is beginning to receive some of the finishing details; The restaurant area, the pool area, and the funicular are all plainly visible. Construction is still pegged for completion summer of 2009.

Montage Resort
Finished in 2010
Floors:9
Other: 178 hotel rooms and suites, 94 luxury residences, two restaurants, retail shops, a 35,000-square-foot spa, and 15,000 square feet of event/meeting space.

South Jordan

Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple
Finished in 2010
Floors:4-5
Address: Daybreak area
Other:The Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple will be built in South Jordan on an 11-acre site along a western mountain bluff. It will be the fourth temple in the Salt Lake valley and the second with a South Jordan zip code. South Jordan will be the first city in the world with two Mormon temples.

U of U Medical Center @ Daybreak
Finished in 2011
Address: Daybreak area
Other:

Draper

Draper Utah Temple
Finished in 2010
Floors:4-5
Address:
Other: Draper Temple will be the 3rd temple in the Salt Lake Valley.

Cowabunga Bay
Finished in 2009
Floors:None
Height:70 feet
Address:
Salt Lake City, Utah will see the opening of a new water park come Summer 2009. Cowabunga Bay Neighborhood Waterpark will test the limits of how compact a water park can get and still be functional.
Designed by Whitewater West and founded by the Huish brothers, the park will move away from the traditional idea of an all-day park experience in lieu of a compact park meant for 3-4 hours of fun. Because the park's founders are designing this park to be an in-and-out experience, the price point falls close in line at $10-15 for entry.
The structure will stand 70 feet tall and provide the slides, giant water buckets, and lazy rivers expected of the water park experience. See the images below for an idea of how this park is going to shape up.

Photos Courtesy Cowabunga Bay Construction Blog

Projects in the works

West Valley City

Fairbournestation

Embassy Suites Hotel
U/C
Floors:7
Address:

Sandy City

The Ridge Condominiums
Under construction
Address:
The Ridge consists of four, 4-story luxury condominium buildings to be built in two Phases. Each building will be constructed above two-plus levels of controlled access underground parking. In all, there are 201 condominium residences planned for this exceptional eight acre site. Phase I consists of 95 total units: Building A (43 units) and Building B (52 units). Demolition and excavation activities for Phase I commenced late in 2007.
The parking structure for Building A is now complete, laying the groundwork for the vertical framing of the condominium units. Completion of the 43 units in Building A is anticipated during the next six months.

Cottonwood Heights

Old Mill Corporate Center complex
Under construction
Floors:6-8
Address:
"The fourth building in the Old Mill Corporate Center complex was approved three years ago as a six-story facility -- the tallest height for office buildings in the city.
But a few weeks ago, developers Beckstrand & Associates informally pitched Cottonwood Heights city leaders with another possibility: a 6 to 8-story structure.

old mill by John Martin K, on Flickr

South Salt Lake

Market Station Development
Under Construction
Address: 2100 South Main Street
Other: The 18-acre development will cost $500 million and will extend from 2100 South to 2300 South and Main to State streets. The development would rise 27 stories over the city and include up to 850 housing units, pocket parks, a grocery story, fitness center, day care and restaurants.

4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Last edited by SLC Projects; May 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2008, 11:05 PM

Proposed Sandy development
A little Broadway, much more gourmet
Theater cheerleaders say the pondered playhouse would attract fine dining

Deseret Morning News

By Derek P. Jensen
lThe Salt Lake Tribune
4/10/2008

Dining districts thrive in downtown Salt Lake City, which may explain why planners are plotting a new "restaurant row" for City Creek Center.
But duplicating that dynamic in Utah's suburbs most often means a meandering trek to a chain restaurant or a strip mall.
Tourists exiting TRAX in the capital can walk to a half-dozen sushi joints. And live-theater fans can cross a single downtown street for the Metropolitan or Bambara - not Applebee's.
Sandy cheerleaders hope to replicate that experience if the suburb lands a $50 million Broadway-class theater near City Hall. The pondered 2,800-seat playhouse, they say, would lure upscale eateries to boost the Broadway experience.
"It's certainly an enticement," says Sandy spokeswoman Trina Duerksen. "Mayor [Tom] Dolan has always said there's hardly anywhere to eat - it's hamburgers or the grocery store. There's always room for more of the upscale restaurants."
But is it realistic?
Salt Lake County Councilman Randy Horiuchi, himself a boisterous theater advocate, says it is. He notes the south valley is primed for gourmet options, especially since the bulk of the valley's population resides south of 4500 South.
"If this facility comes, will that gap be bridged?" he asks. "I think it can."
Horiuchi says Sandy, a suburb of 95,000 people and Utah's fifth most populous city, easily could support a steakhouse like Ruth's Chris or Morton's.
Indeed, Duerksen says, Sandy aggressively courted The Cheesecake Factory before the popular eatery opted to go to Murray instead. And each year, Sandy sends a delegation to Las Vegas to court restaurants and retailers at the International Council of Shopping Centers convention.
But those efforts are likely to lure chains, not the private bistros popular with the wine-and-cheese crowd.
And that begs a question about corporate saturation. Already, that congested stretch of Sandy has McGrath's, Olive Garden, Mimi's Cafe, Chili's, T.G.I. Friday's, Carvers, Texas Roadhouse and more.
The proposed theater, which would be just southwest of City Hall, is but one element in a planned $500 million makeover that includes office, residential and retail buildings. And business leaders bet more people will mean more appetite.
"People can reach this location [just east of Interstate 15 near 10000 South] easily from any part of the Salt Lake Valley, thanks to a great freeway and the UTA transit system," says Nancy Workman, president and CEO of the Sandy Area Chamber of Commerce. "Even Utah County people are excited. They say they come here to work so they would love to just stay, dine and go to a Broadway play. We have lots of incredible restaurants with more on the way."
To be sure, the definition of "incredible" depends on the mouth of the beholder. But with theater as an anchor, more white tablecloths soon could shroud the suburb - even if the best menu item is a corporate steak.
djensen@sltrib.com

Old Posted May 3, 2008, 5:33 AM

by the way, demolition has begun at the Market Station site. They've cleared several small buildings in the interior of the block.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2008, 11:09 PM

One of the things that I appreciate about the design of these towers is that they represent a step outside of the typical box that we have seen so much of in the past in the region. I hope that the phase-in of all three towers will not be too far apart from each other. One tower alone will look pretty lonely in that location.

BTS Investments

Old Posted May 1, 2008, 1:25 PM

Hmmmm...., This is definately interesting. Perhaps a little creative accounting? LOL

County funds to help stadium?

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...275390,00.html

Old Posted May 1, 2008, 1:43 PM

Hey Projects, I guess since the Real Stadium is a reality now, and you included it up in your first post above, what do you say we start putting our favorite pics and updates here now? If you want to smack me upside the head for doing this, that's cool. LOL. Anyway, I'm really liking the idea of this thread and want to put some of your great pics from the past here. Also, there were a lot of great renderings for this stadium. When is your next photo trip over to the stadium going to be? Hey, like you and many of us, I'm very excited about this stadium and the positive effect I think it will ultimately generate for the entire metro. Here's just a brief chronology from the Comp. scrapbook. I'm looking forward to updates and the many future projects that this stadium will generate! Oh, and that beautiful new Temple is close by you isn't it? How is that progressing?

Work Progressing Nicely on Salt Lake City's Beautiful New MLS Stadium

The 23,000 seat stadium is to be 111 feet tall and 524,766 square feet.

Artist Renderings of the new RSL Stadium :: 2/9/2007

REAL Salt Lake

REAL Salt Lake

REAL Salt Lake

REAL Salt Lake [/QUOTE]

April, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
RSL Stadium work has began,

April 12, 2007
As of Monday work on the stadium began on 9400 south and state street in Sandy Utah. Crews have start moving dirt and digging up a old RV park.

Building girl and I went to the site on Wednesday to check it out. I got some video of crews working on the site. While filming I fell on my ass down a hill and almost slid in a creek. ( I'm sure you guys will get a good laugh out of that. ) It's all on video.

VIDEO - SLC Projects
RSL Site work video link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuY1rMoguzA
Pics by SLC Projects
Quote:
Thanks guys, I'm still feeling it with that fall I had. LOL

Anyways here are some pics of the Stadium Site.

A Real sign now stands on state street right by the Jordan Commons.

June 7, 2007 - Pics by SLC Projects

Quote:
Updated photos of the RSL Stadium work in Sandy.

October 3, 2007 - Pics by SLC Projects
Quote:
RSL Stadium Photo update October 3, 2007

Looks like crews have began adding the roof to the Westside of the Stadium. Now we can really see the Stadium from the freeway.

VIDEO - SLC Projects
Quote:
Here is that update..

Video of the work of the stadium from groundbreaking to now. The stadium is starting to get big.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siGJPsb94AI

Old Posted May 1, 2008, 2:24 PM

These kind of situations are always interesting. Someone is going to come in and pick this golden plumb for pennies on the dollar. Then when the market turns around the cities and state will be forced to deal with the geological issues. The new developers are going to make a killing.

When prospective new residents from out of state first view these plots, they are dumbstruck by the sheer beauty of the views to be had right in the middle of a two million plus metro.

Bankrupt SunCrest Developers to auction assets June 11 - Bloomberg News

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...275269,00.html

Old Posted May 1, 2008, 2:44 PM

I say the writing is on the wall. Start making plans now to move the prison. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that within a few short years that location is going to be one of the most attractive development sites along the Metro.

Valentine hints prison to move

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...274967,00.html

Old Posted May 1, 2008, 3:24 PM

For the most updated pics of the new stadium: www.rslstadium.com

Old Posted May 1, 2008, 3:31 PM

Thanks Wren for the reminder of the sight. Wow, lot's of new pics, they are really coming along! Very Cool.

http://www.rslstadium.com/construction.html

Old Posted May 1, 2008, 8:19 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Hey guys I added a few new projects to the list. If here's any project I'm over looking feel free to let me know and i'll try to add it.
Thanks
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted May 1, 2008, 8:42 PM

what about Market Station?

Old Posted May 1, 2008, 9:22 PM

I forget, are we including Davis County in this thread? If so, there is Farmington Station and Eaglewood Village.

Old Posted May 1, 2008, 9:35 PM
BANNED

No, this thread is only for Salt Lake, Tooele, and Summit Counties.
Ogden may want to follow suit by having two threads. one for the city proper, and another for Davis and other counties that include Brigham City, Logan, and the town to the east (I forgot the name) I believe that would include both Davis and Cashe Counties. Same with Provo: one for the city proper, and a Utah County and Wasatch Counties thread.

Old Posted May 1, 2008, 9:51 PM

Thanks Urbanboy, I was going to take some photos of these project sites this weekend and wanted to make sure I post them in the right spot.

Old Posted May 2, 2008, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanboy View Post
Ogden may want to follow suit by having two threads. one for the city proper, and another for Davis and other counties that include Brigham City, Logan, and the town to the east (I forgot the name) I believe that would include both Davis and Cashe Counties. Same with Provo: one for the city proper, and a Utah County and Wasatch Counties thread.
There isn't enough going on in Davis/Weber Counties to warrant a second thread. For what its worth, I don't think that Utah County and Provo need separate threads either.

Old Posted May 2, 2008, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhitektor View Post
There isn't enough going on in Davis/Weber Counties to warrant a second thread. For what its worth, I don't think that Utah County and Provo need separate threads either.
Ark, I have to agree with you. Here in Davis County, we really only have the Station Park in Farmington and the Eaglewood Village that is noteworthy. After my post the other day asking about posting it here I checked out the Ogden thread and don't really feel that I am going to post these in that thread. For hell's sake, Eaglewood Village is 7 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City. A ton closer than the Draper Temple, Daybreak Temple, Cottonwood Mall project, Murray projects, etc. But I do understand that you guys want to keep the thread more organized with only developments from certain areas, so I will just keep these photos to myself, I guess. I don't understand how Tooele and Park City can be grouped with Salt Lake City, and North Salt Lake, Bountiful, Woods Cross, etc, which are by far closer to the city, are left out. Oh well, just my thoughts. Don't worry, I won't clog the thread with photos from Davis County.

Old Posted May 3, 2008, 5:13 PM

Eaglewood Village

There has already been a lot of site work done. They are having to build up the land because of the high water table.

These pictures are of the top portion of the project which will be all residential townhomes, condos, etc.

This will be the neighbor looking down on the project. I believe that it is an over 55 community building.

They are having to drain the moisture from the hillside. Notice the 2 large hoses on the hillside. I also understand that they are going to be doing some work to the hillside to support it. A lot of site issues to deal with here.

Old Posted May 4, 2008, 9:09 PM
The Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanboy View Post
I would have to disagree with you on putting Logan(cache Valley) into a Ogden MSA thread as Logan is a MSA of its own with Cache, UT and Franklin, ID counties. Living in Cache Valley myself, I feel no connection to Ogden or even Brigham City in any way. Let Cache Valley have its own thread as it does now.

Now if I could just get some of you to post in it when I post articles. There is a cool article from the local news paper here that was about an old trolley system Cache Valley had back in the early 1900's that ran from Ogden to Preston, ID. Just to think that such a small town as Logan back in the 1930's had quite the extensive trolley network. If you want to read it dig up the thread from the bottom of the page or on page 2

Old Posted May 1, 2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
what about Market Station?
Definately Market Station, Also I would like to see how the two new Temples are coming along in Draper and West Jordon. Also pics of the Cottonwood, that thing is going to be huge.

Quote:
Hey guys I added a few new projects to the list. If here's any project I'm over looking feel free to let me know and i'll try to add it.
Thanks
Hey bud, there's a nice rendering of the 'Daybreak Temple on page 27 and the rendering of the Draper is on 27 and 100 of the SLC Thread.

Here's a couple of pics posted by Jedi on Aug. 1st, 2007. We can compare these to gbb's that he'll be posting today. That will be cool to see the comparison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedikermit View Post
By the way, the LDS Draper Temple has topped out at 166 feet -- making it about 40 feet shorter than the current Jordan River Temple, and about 20 feet shorter than the Oquirrh Mountain (Daybreak) Temple. If you know where to look, you can see it from I-15.

Last edited by delts145; May 2, 2008 at 1:40 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West