HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 1:11 AM
~Hook'em~

AUSTIN | Projects & Construction

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AUSTIN

Under construction:
     Name                                         Use            Height    Floors  Website   Neighborhood    District

1. Circuit of the Americas                      Race Track      250'      --     Website   SE Austin       Del Valle

2. Callaway House                               Dorm           ~230'      17     Website   UT              West Campus

3. Whitley Printing Tower                       Apartment       220'      18     -------   Downtown        Railyard District

4. Hyatt Place                                  Hotel           202'      17     Website   Downtown        Railyard District

5. 2400 Nueces                                  Apartment      ~200'      16     Website   UT              West Campus

6. Gables Park Plaza II                         Apartment      ~200'      15     Website   Downtown        Market District

7. Hampton Inn & Suites                         Hotel           ???        8     -------   Downtown        Capitol District

8. Federal Courthouse                           Courthouse      135'       7     -------   Downtown        Warehouse District

9. Riverview Apartments                         Apartments     ~130'      11     Website   South Austin    Riverside District

10. Cirrus Logic Corp HQ                         Corp HQ         100'       7     Website   Downtown        Sixth St. District

Approved:
     Name                                         Use            Height    Floors  Website   Neighborhood    District

1. Grand Hotel                                  Hotel           700'/581'  47    -------   Downtown        Rainey District

2. JW Marriott                                  Hotel           404'       33    -------   Downtown        2nd/Congress Districts

3. Seaholm Plant Redevelopment                  Mixed           ???        25    Website   Downtown        Market District
    *Note: Part of the Seaholm District Plan*

Proposed:

1. Rainey Street                                Res/Mix        ???         50    -------   Downtown        Rainey Street District

2. Travis Co. Courthouse                        Courthouse     ???         50    -------   Downtown        Warehouse District

3. Green Water Treatment Plant                  Mix            ~430'?     ~35?   -------   Downtown        2nd St. District

4. Seaholm Energy Control Center                Condo          ???        ~35?   -------   Downtown        Market District

5. Fifth & Bowie Tower                          Apartment      ~400'        34    -------   Downtown        Market District

6. Colorodo & 3rd                               Office         ???         30    -------   Downtown        Warehouse District

7. 804 Congress                                 Hotel          ???         28    -------   Downtown        Congress District

8. Shoal Creek Walk                             Office         350'        25    -------   Downtown        Market District

9. 7Rio                                         Apartment      ???         24    -------   Downtown        Sixth Street District

10. Austin Skyhouse                              Apartment      ???         23    -------   Downtown        Rainey Street District

Original Threads:
Austin Projects & Construction
AUSTIN | Projects & Construction II

Last edited by BevoLJ; May 5, 2012 at 7:55 PM.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 1:12 AM
~Hook'em~

I thought I might try to consolidate what all is going up now and down the road. I am sure I have missed/messed up a ton. I tried to make it like Kevin's thread in the City Compilations section. I would love any help on anything I may have missed or got wrong. TY.

Should I edit this post and put in projects that are going on, that aren't necessarily tall buildings? Like the Waller Creek and Seaholm projects?

Last edited by BevoLJ; Mar 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 2:49 AM

^wow, good stuff Bevo,,,thanks!

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 3:00 AM

Agreed. Thanks for putting that together.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 8:39 AM

Nice update BevoLJ, may I also add Star Riverside which is close to topping out.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 12:36 PM
CIA since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Nice update BevoLJ, may I also add Star Riverside which is close to topping out.
Seaholm does contain a tower, and is definitely in the approved column. Green probably belongs in the proposed column, at least until Thursday, but it is probably not worth changing. The Energy Control Center project should probably be listed separately from Green. Oh, and how could we forget La Hampton on Lavaca! Cirrus Logic. They keep coming to me as I type.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 4:19 PM

There is a lot of site work going on at the twice failed East Avenue/University Park project. Does anybody know the status of that?

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 5:58 PM
~Hook'em~

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan View Post
Seaholm does contain a tower, and is definitely in the approved column. Green probably belongs in the proposed column, at least until Thursday, but it is probably not worth changing. The Energy Control Center project should probably be listed separately from Green. Oh, and how could we forget La Hampton on Lavaca! Cirrus Logic. They keep coming to me as I type.
Thanks! I should have all those updated.

Last edited by BevoLJ; Mar 31, 2012 at 6:37 PM.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 6:47 PM
~Hook'em~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Country View Post
There is a lot of site work going on at the twice failed East Avenue/University Park project. Does anybody know the status of that?
That is just apartments right? Like 5 stories tall. Should I put it in here?

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 7:26 PM

btw, i forgot to post this before.... you can use if you'd like. i took this photo of that riverside project when i was in austin.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevoLJ View Post
I wouldn't put it with your list if that's all it is. I was just wondering if something was actually getting build after all this time.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 8:36 PM

Quote:
The whole project consist of two 5st. Buildings, 9st. and a 11st. tower.

http://www.greenlivingllc.com/images...view%20440.jpg

http://www.builderonline.com/economi...-downtown.aspx

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 8:47 PM
~Hook'em~

Quote:
I wouldn't put it with your list if that's all it is. I was just wondering if something was actually getting build after all this time.
Cool. Ya, I think they are building the apartments right now. There is supposed to be other stuff too. A mixed use thingy. But the rendering I have seen I just count 5 stories of apartments.

http://www.statesman.com/multimedia/...en_935990c.jpg

Quote:
The whole project consist of two 5st. Buildings, 9st. and a 11 st. tower.

http://www.greenlivingllc.com/images...view%20440.jpg
I think he is talking about the work at the old Concordia University campus. That one on Riverside and I-35 I added as Cityview Apartments. I didn't realize they had changed the name to Riverview. I'll fix that and update the image. Thanks!

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 9:32 PM
De Lurk Squad

This thread is the updated epitome of badassedness! I'm sure we all had this typed up mentally but it is nice to see it onscreen. Thanks BevoLJ!

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 9:50 PM

Quote:
...That one on Riverside and I-35 I added as Cityview Apartments. I didn't realize they had changed the name to Riverview. I'll fix that and update the image. Thanks!
What marketing genius. It's on the River with a view of the city. Should we call it Riverview or Cityview...?

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 11:49 PM
~Hook'em~

I have way to much time on my hands, and no life. So... I jumped on my scooter and Zoom! Zoomed! around town snapping some new pictures of all the stuff U/C and adding the updated progress photos to their spoilers. I got everything that didn't already have an updated progress photo, but forgot Gables. Maybe if Ahealy could look out his window and snap a photo I could add it. I'd love you long time!

Here is what I took and added.

Whitley

Hyatt

2400 Nueces

Callaway

La Hampton

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 12:24 AM

It looks like the Hyatt is winning the vertical race. You are definitely not wasting your time. You are making good use of it.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 9:26 AM

It a vertical race now, and is going to be real interesting once the 2 large hotel towers start taking off.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 7:53 PM

Quote:
What marketing genius. It's on the River with a view of the city. Should we call it Riverview or Cityview...?
I think you might want to call it the No View in the event you become one of the unlucky residents facing south from the building closest to the river or facing north on the lower floors of the building closest to Riverside. This will be one wall of windows facing another wall of windows with one of the nation's busiest freeways generating all kind of noise just to the immediate west. That "courtyard" between the two buildings is going to be one hell of a sound trap. They will need to offer free ear plugs as a move in incentive. Take a look the next time you whiz by (or crawl by) on 35, and you'll see what i am talking about. What could they be thinking?

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 9:52 PM
Meh

Wow, great job, BevoLJ! I really like your idea of using the spoiler tags to show the renderings.

Thou shall not indict

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin