HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis View Post
Pannizza is now opened on kenmount road next door to Montana's. Looks pretty nice.
They are on Facebook if you want to see a pic. Search for Pannizza St. John's.
Ate there for lunch today, the location is nice and the food was good. Bit slow, but I guess that is just because its new.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djslue View Post
Does anyone know much about this place ? It says opening soon. Its in the newer strip mall across from Dairy Queen on Topsail RD

The branding on the building has been there since at least February, and there is now branding on the plaza sign as well. I can't find very much info online anywhere about it except they got a building permit from the City January 16 2017, and they advertised jobs stating they were opening in April.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 8:31 PM

Dairy Queen seems to be on a growth spurt in St.john's and other locations throughout the province. Future locations on Blackmarsh Rd, kenmount Rd and Stavanger Dr are planned plus corner brook and cbs.

http://www.thewesternstar.com/news/l...estaurant.html

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Dairy Queen seems to be on a growth spurt in St.john's and other locations throughout the province. Future locations on Blackmarsh Rd, kenmount Rd and Stavanger Dr are planned plus corner brook and cbs.

http://www.thewesternstar.com/news/l...estaurant.html
It's a bit odd that there had always been so few Dairy Queens around.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2017, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoscStudent View Post
It's a bit odd that there had always been so few Dairy Queens around.
Talking out of my ass but it's possible whoever held the franchise rights for NL didn't view local expansion (as in the greater st. john's area) as beneficial to the company, perhaps thinking they would spread themselves too thin. Maybe they finally sold the regional rights to someone else or changed their view.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAO79 View Post
The branding on the building has been there since at least February, and there is now branding on the plaza sign as well. I can't find very much info online anywhere about it except they got a building permit from the City January 16 2017, and they advertised jobs stating they were opening in April.
Here is their facebook page. Says Opening April 29th.

https://www.facebook.com/theomelette...SEARCH&fref=nf

Old Posted May 1, 2017, 11:00 PM

Just noticed an approval in the city's agenda, of an eating establishment located at 115 Kelsey Drive which is directly behind Walmart. Anyone got any info on this or who it might be?

I heard recently that Dairy Queen with its expansion plans is planning a new location in the kenmount road area.

Old Posted May 5, 2017, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Just noticed an approval in the city's agenda, of an eating establishment located at 115 Kelsey Drive which is directly behind Walmart. Anyone got any info on this or who it might be?

I heard recently that Dairy Queen with its expansion plans is planning a new location in the kenmount road area.
Interesting. I thought those plots of land were rather large, I would have expected offices or something behind Wal Mart. Retail/restaurants are way better. Interesting to see what the plan is.

Old Posted May 17, 2017, 1:52 PM

New restaurant opening down on Water Street next month: https://theovercast.ca/every-city-sh...-opening-soon/

Bad Bones Ramen is opening June 8th at 152 Water Street (same building as Jack Axes), open Monday to Wednesday, 11:30am-10:00pm, Thursday-Saturday 11:30am-3:00am.

Old Posted May 17, 2017, 7:20 PM

There's also an available plot of land on the corner of the Walmart parking lot on Kelsey drive according to the the Smart Centre website map. It's possible that might be the location. All I did was google 115 Kelsey Dr and Google dropped the pin behind Walmart on that large parcel of land which would be kinda odd a place to put a restaurant when you look at it. I guess I'll have to keep my eye out for construction in that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
Interesting. I thought those plots of land were rather large, I would have expected offices or something behind Wal Mart. Retail/restaurants are way better. Interesting to see what the plan is.

Old Posted May 24, 2017, 2:32 PM

Yesterday I walked past what I believe is the 115 kelsey location for a restaurant. Looks to me to be a starbucks. Can see what appears to be a drive-through formed. Which in my mind makes perfect sense as there's no where over there to get coffee. Will be a busy spot if it is sbux or even a Tim's to for that matter.

Old Posted May 24, 2017, 7:49 PM

Funny, I was up that way the other day. Didn't see any new construction on Kelsey Drive. I must be be blind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinpeddle View Post
Yesterday I walked past what I believe is the 115 kelsey location for a restaurant. Looks to me to be a starbucks. Can see what appears to be a drive-through formed. Which in my mind makes perfect sense as there's no where over there to get coffee. Will be a busy spot if it is sbux or even a Tim's to for that matter.

Old Posted May 24, 2017, 9:08 PM

Old Posted May 25, 2017, 6:00 PM

Thanks Colin, I haven't been down in that area of Kelsey drive in awhile. Will have to check it out.

Quote:

Old Posted May 25, 2017, 7:15 PM

Quote:
If it's a Starbucks that'll be 4 in that immediate Kenmount/Kelsey area. Very New York

Old Posted May 26, 2017, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
If it's a Starbucks that'll be 4 in that immediate Kenmount/Kelsey area. Very New York
If you were in Vancouver there would be at least 20 in that area.

Ron.

Old Posted May 26, 2017, 6:53 PM

Jumping Bean had plans to go on Kelsey I believe.

Old Posted May 27, 2017, 1:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoscStudent View Post
Jumping Bean had plans to go on Kelsey I believe.
That'd be very interesting if they were building a location from the ground up. It would be both their first built location, as well as first drive-thru location.

I'm still betting on it being either a Starbucks or a fast-food restaurant we haven't considered yet. Coffee would really work right next to the office park.

Old Posted May 27, 2017, 2:03 PM

Drove past again, looks too small for a Tim's or Sbux to be honest, prove me wrong though..

Old Posted May 28, 2017, 1:28 AM

Fritou Chicken

Fritou Chicken making its NL debut in Carbonear next week at the old Mary Brown's location on Columbus Drive with plans for locations in St. John's and area in the near future.

http://fritou.com/en/our-menu.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's