HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 13, 2018, 3:35 AM

I don't think the average Winnipegger has a clue about route numbers aside from Route 90. ^I've never heard a single person say Route 62, or anything other than 90 before – it's the only one I've EVER heard used in conversation.

That being said – route numbers are a good thing to have for tourists, especially with the proliferation of GPS. The failed experiment of the city forcing route numbers ONLY onto major signage for the Pan Am Games seems to have ended, as FINALLY the city is actually putting street names on overhead signs, along with route numbers, as they're being replaced.

Confusion Corner was a prime example of the disconnect before – it only displayed route numbers on major signage, but no one here really follows them. As if CC wasn't confusing enough already lol. They've finally added street names on most of them.

I don't think if you showed most people here these signs, they'd have a clue what they were referring to (obviously taking them out of context for people that drive there all the time). They've been updated with names since this image was taken.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan