HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 7:41 PM

You guys sound like high school girls, do you guys not trust each other? Have to have photos to prove you've been somewhere? Never will get tired of Salt Lake thread drama. I doubt any of us really fully understand what is going to happen and is currently going on until this whole thing passes with some time. When did stating your opinion become such a problem? Everyone who seems to have an opinion on this seem to be completely different from the next person, so telling each other your wrong looks very half-witted. No one is 100% sure when it comes to this, its just our guesses.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 8:11 PM

I would prefer we not talk about this in this thread at all tbh. It really doesn't have anything to do with SLC and all it's going to do is distract from real development talk. Which this forum likes to do it seems

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 8:27 PM

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 8:28 PM

This photo is awesome! Thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbutah View Post
Photo from Reddit of the city yesterday.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denvergotback View Post
You guys sound like high school girls, do you guys not trust each other? Have to have photos to prove you've been somewhere? Never will get tired of Salt Lake thread drama. I doubt any of us really fully understand what is going to happen and is currently going on until this whole thing passes with some time. When did stating your opinion become such a problem? Everyone who seems to have an opinion on this seem to be completely different from the next person, so telling each other your wrong looks very half-witted. No one is 100% sure when it comes to this, its just our guesses.
A Denver forumer coming on to lecture SLC forumers?! I think I might have heard this record before.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 12:30 AM

Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 12:04 PM

Update - City Central - The Maven District

Isaac Riddle Reports - Full Article @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/new...ens-900-south/

Nestled halfway between the 9th and 9th and Central 9th neighborhoods, two of the most popular in the city, the 100 East block of 900 South is not an area usually on the radar of developers. But for couple and development team, Tessa Arneson and Tim Watcke, the block has the potential to be another key activity node on 900 South with the development of the Maven District, a newly opened lifestyle and wellness center between Edison Street and 200 East on 900 South.

“We want to almost create a mini 9th and 9th here,” said Arneson...

...The Maven District consists of a combined 25 leasable commercial units in three of the four buildings on the block, two of which were renovations and one, two-story new construction building. The new construction building replaces a vacant parking lot and is the district’s anchor building, consisting of two brands, Maven Strong, a rebranding of 9th and 9th Pilates, and Maven Wellness, a mix of businesses that focus on health and wellness...

The Maven District as seen from the intersection of 900 South and Edison Street. Photo by Isaac Riddle.

The renovated one-story building that includes a barber shop and ice cream parlor. Photo by Isaac Riddle.

The two-story H&R Block building will be renovated to accommodate an additional three tenants. Photo by Isaac Riddle.

Rendering of the exterior facade proposed for the H&R Block building. Image courtesy Tim Watcke.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 10:24 AM

Downtown & Central City - The 400 South Corridor continues its evolution

Isaac Riddle Reports - Full Article and Additional Photos @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/pic...ues-evolution/

Development along the 400 South Corridor in the Central City and East Central neighborhoods continues to evolve with three large complexes in various stages of completion on or close to the TRAX Red Line to the University of Utah. The three projects: Moda Bonneville, Liberty Boulevard and Block 44 add a combined 631 residential units to the corridor.

Moda Bonneville
The Moda Bonneville, opened this summer. The Moda Bonneville, on the 200 South block of 500 East, features 158 units above a parking podium. JF Capital is the developer. Rents start at $1,240/month for a 545 square-foot studio and go up to $1,980 for the largest two-bedroom units which come in at 1,115 square feet. The project is just two blocks north of the TRAX Red Line Trolley Station and is adjacent to several restaurants and eateries on 300 South and 500 East. The Bonneville is also along the high-frequency 205 bus route and is adjacent to the 300 South bike lane and a GREENbike station.

The front of Moda Bonneville which faces 500 East. Photo by Mike Fife.

Moda Bonneville sits on 500 East just north of a row of local businesses, The Other Place Restaurant, Yo Ko Ramen and Dick ‘N Dixie’s bar. Photo by Mike Fife.

Liberty Blvd.
Cowboy Properties continues to be busy developing in the capital city. The prolific developers are building the Liberty Boulevard Apartments on 700 East between 400 and 500 South. The 266-unit project will front all three streets. Along 400 South it’s tucked in between Litza’s Pizza and the Chuck-A-Rama Buffet. On 700 East the project fills in the space between Ruby River Steakhouse and the X Wives Place bar. Drawings indicate a commercial space on 400 South. The project is well situated to transit being within two blocks from the TRAX Red Line Trolley Station and 900 East Station. The project is also kitty-corner to Trolley Square and within easy walking distance to Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Smiths, Natural Grocers and many restaurants and businesses.

The north side of Liberty BLVD along 400 South. Photo by Mike Fife.

Looking south east from the northwest corner of 700 East and 400 South. Liberty BLVD meanders along the length of the block from 400 South to 500 South. Photo by Mike Fife.

The north side of Liberty BLVD along 400 South. The project is well served by fixed rail transit. Photo by Mike Fife.

Block 44
Coming Spring 2018 is Block 44 by the Wright Development Group, a 210-unit residential development on the 300 East block of 400 South. Initially, plans called for a mixed-use development with groundfloor retail but that was scraped with the new developer. Block 44 will now be all residential, with walkup units ad several residential amenities at the street level. Three five story residential towers will rise over a two-story parking structure that will be wrapped by the ground floor uses. The project’s scale and lack of ground floor retail was a catalyst for the city to pursue revisions to the Transit Area Zone regulations.

The southeast corner of Block 44. Photo by Mike Fife.

Block 44 looking east along the 400 South TRAX line. Photo by Mike Fife.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 4:02 PM

That’s an older pic of the 4th and 4th. I have a lunch meeting for a charity I co-founded today. Doing grown up things with my life. Lol. Also, People, it’s the holiday season, give a little to other as well. :-) I’ll snap you some pics to up date your info.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 4:56 PM

Does anyone know if Dave and Buster's has backed out of their plan to come to Utah at the Gateway? Their website does not list Utah as an upcoming location.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 5:06 PM

^
Tuesday I noticed a sign for Dave and Busters at the gateway. I didn't get a good look at it.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 5:53 PM

It looks like Google Maps is in the process of updating the satellite view of Salt Lake. You can see roofs of some of the newer stuff like 111 Main, Liberty Crest Apartments, and 400 Lofts.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPdesign View Post
That’s an older pic of the 4th and 4th. I have a lunch meeting for a charity I co-founded today. Doing grown up things with my life. Lol. Also, People, it’s the holiday season, give a little to other as well. :-) I’ll snap you some pics to up date your info.

They're not meant to be the latest updates but more of a reminder photo bump. Sometimes when we have important but lengthy discussions on fringe topics, it's nice to have a few development pics thrown in for good measure. It's a good reminder of the countless projects that are continuing to develop throughout the city. Lately there are so many projects, especially residential, that they become a blur. Also, after an appropriate time has passed from Isaac's original posting, it's good to give him and Mike another well deserved hurrah for the great reporting and quality photography

Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigeonPersona View Post
It looks like Google Maps is in the process of updating the satellite view of Salt Lake. You can see roofs of some of the newer stuff like 111 Main, Liberty Crest Apartments, and 400 Lofts.
Great! Now let's hope they get the new Street View pictures in soon....it said they were doing Utah over the summer.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2017, 9:55 PM
Chancellor

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
They're not meant to be the latest updates but more of a reminder photo bump. Sometimes when we have important but lengthy discussions on fringe topics, it's nice to have a few development pics thrown in for good measure. It's a good reminder of the countless projects that are continuing to develop throughout the city. Lately there are so many projects, especially residential, that they become a blur. Also, after an appropriate time has passed from Isaac's original posting, it's good to give him and Mike another well deserved hurrah for the great reporting and quality photography
You’re right delts, it's impressive the number of apartments going up. I’ve been trying to keep track of all the significant developments and I’ll post the list below. It only includes apts in the greater downtown area (600 N to 700 S and 600 W to 900 E), so no Central 9th, Sugar House, S-Line, North Temple Corridor, etc... developments. Also not included under the planned section are possible future developments that have no set plan or seem stalled (Regent Street Hotel, Ritchie Group Phase 2, Paperbox, Station Center, Cascade, 151).

GREATER DOWNTOWN AREA

Completed last two years (purple) (I’m confident I’m missing a few):

111 South Main: Office
Eccles Theater
4th West Apartments: 497 Units
Alta Gateway: 277 Units
600 South Apts: 274 Units
Encore Apartments: 189 Units
360 Apartments: 151 Units
Liberty Crest: 177 Units
Bonneville Apts: 158 Units
Seasons on the Boulevard: 92 Units
900 East Lofts: 68 Units

DT Recently Completed Units: 1883

Under Construction (green):

DA Offices
AC Hotel
Marriott Townplace
Liberty Boulevard: 267 Units
Hardware Village West: 265 Units
Sky House Apts: 240 Units
4th and 4th: 213 Units
Milagro Apts: 182 Units
Hardware Village East: 144 Units
Morton Apts: 137 Units
Granary Place Apts: 134 Units
North 4th (Phase 1): 112 Units
Pierpont Apts: 87 Units
Bodhi Apts: 80 Units

DT Units Under Construction: 1861

Planned (Darker blue):

Held Properties Mixed Use
Patrinely Group Office
Hardware North Office Building
Hardware South Office Building
Embassy Suites
Ritchie Group Phase 1 Hotels
The Exchange: 412 Units
Trolley Square Apts: ~300 Units
Garden Lofts: 272 Units
Marmalade Apts: 265 Units
Violin School Apts: 248 Units
Ritchie Group Phase 1 Apts: 230 Units
Hardison Apts: 141 Units
Liberty Square Apts: 135 Units
North 4th (Phase 2): 124 Units
South Temple Apts.?: 112 Units
West Gateway Apts: ~100 Units
Centro Civico Apts: 61 Units

DT Planned Units: 2400

TOTAL DT UNITS: 6144

Again this is just downtown. Sugar House and S-Line alone would add around 2500+ additional units.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2017, 12:14 AM

Old Posted Dec 8, 2017, 2:18 AM
Ironweed

Does any one have info on when these two will break Ground?

Patrinely Group Office

Also, we're going to be locked into an ugly inversion for a month. Hope you all have gas masks, and you start to lobby the state for denser development around rail corridors.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2017, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC14 View Post
^
Tuesday I noticed a sign for Dave and Busters at the gateway. I didn't get a good look at it.
I was there a month or so ago and workers were putting up a huge 2-story banner hanging from the side of the space where it would go.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2017, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironweed View Post
Does any one have info on when these two will break Ground?

Patrinely Group Office
Last I heard on the 2 developments was that Patrinely wants to break ground in the Spring and Held is late Fall (both next year.

Quote:
Also, we're going to be locked into an ugly inversion for a month. Hope you all have gas masks, and you start to lobby the state for denser development around rail corridors.
I don't think we will need to Lobby. This is 1 item that is already scheduled. The Legislature has made some motions already to override local zoning around Rail and high frequency bus lines. They want to allow High and Very High densities around the stations/stops.

To do this, they want to implement minimum zoning levels around the stations/stops for up to 1/4 mile radii.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2017, 5:45 PM

This is a very well done and interesting video from the Kem C. Gardner Policy Institute about Utah's long term economic and demographic projections. Talks a lot about future development, urbanization, land use, and has some beautiful shots of SLC and our national parks.

https://vimeo.com/243183373

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West