HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Mar 25, 2017, 11:03 PM

^This is happening. Just a fact.

Sooo many butt hurt individuals. Awww.

Last edited by Black Star; Mar 26, 2017 at 1:31 AM.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2017, 11:58 PM

All I'll say is this - I consider myself liberal but I abhor identity politics and out-of-hand political correctness. But I certainly won't vote for populist wingnuts like O'Leary or Kenney in reaction to all that, which I think is why Brexit and Trump succeeded.

I'm all for inclusiveness, equal opportunities for everyone, equal rights for all, equal pay for women, gay marriage, reconciliation with first nations, anti-racist, anti-Islamaphobic and all that. What I don't like is being told I'm a bad person for being a privileged white male. Listen, had fate dealt me one wrong card, I could just as well have ended up living in a small-town trailer park, pumping gas for a living and selling meth on the side because I have to shell out child support to the toothless crack whores I've humped - how privileged is that?? No, I worked my ass off to get to where I am now and it wasn't easy. So that's why I don't believe that people are owed a living just for being in a so-called under-privileged group - get rid of the barriers to success but nobody should get any mulligans.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2017, 1:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallsy's Toupee View Post
All I'll say is this - I consider myself liberal but I abhor identity politics and out-of-hand political correctness. But I certainly won't vote for populist wingnuts like O'Leary or Kenney in reaction to all that, which I think is why Brexit and Trump succeeded.

I'm all for inclusiveness, equal opportunities for everyone, equal rights for all, equal pay for women, gay marriage, reconciliation with first nations, anti-racist, anti-Islamaphobic and all that. What I don't like is being told I'm a bad person for being a privileged white male. Listen, had fate dealt me one wrong card, I could just as well have ended up living in a small-town trailer park, pumping gas for a living and selling meth on the side because I have to shell out child support to the toothless crack whores I've humped - how privileged is that?? No, I worked my ass off to get to where I am now and it wasn't easy. So that's why I don't believe that people are owed a living just for being in a so-called under-privileged group - get rid of the barriers to success but nobody should get any mulligans.

100% agree.

Im conservative and a Liberal. Both parties and Ideologies have pros and Cons. Hell...Ive even voted NDP...Gasp! I look for the Leader and the message.

Ive voted Liberal in the past. Federally!

I didn't grow up in a country that made it illegal to question the government and religion, I grew up in a country that was proud of questioning government and religion! and oddly, that movement used to be lead by Liberals! Liberals today are not LIBERAL! they are ideological Tyrants!

Last edited by Black Star; Mar 26, 2017 at 5:53 AM.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2017, 7:13 AM

A new wave is coming. We will get our info directly from the source. We don't need opinion columnist feeding us crap anymore. Hello National Post!

If they had any courage they would get into politics and not just sit on the side lines and cheer or criticize.

Their opinions are no where near correct.

And here we are, stuck with Potato Head Trudeau, who gives billions to foreign countries to make their lives better. And what has he done for us? Higher taxes and job killing carbon taxes. But I guess it isn't all bad, he's always available for selfies and hugs.

The people who voted for this guy lol.

He is not equipt to be anything in government. At all!

Not a leader....a leader lmao, not nothing.

What a dam disaster for Canada.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2017, 6:03 PM
Sex Marxist of Notleygrad

After that long crazy aside, can we please get back on discussion. What are your biggest issues this election and do you have any idea who you are supporting? At this juncture I'm fairly well certain barring any last-minute bids Don Iveson will get my vote again for mayor. And as for my Councillor? Not Caterina, that's for damn sure... Talk about a low-profile do-nothing politician...

Old Posted Apr 24, 2017, 8:33 PM
I smash you

I think this will be a very quiet municipal election.
The groups making a big push last cycle have (largely) got the Council they were looking for.

Iveson is politically astute and has avoided any significant f'ups so he should be able to coast into a 2nd.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2017, 9:32 PM

Incumbents are generally safe unless someone else comes along that really wows people, or if voters are too angry with the current administration. There may be some ongoing anger due to the ongoing infrastructure debacles (Metro LRT, Walterdale Bridge, infill), but so far there's nobody credible enough to knock off the majority of the incumbents.

http://daveberta.ca/edmonton-election/

Mayor - is Iveson's to lose

Ward 4 might heat up because there's no indication if Gibbons will run again.

Ward 6 - McKeen is popular enough that he won't have to run against 24 other people.

Ward 7 - I'll take Caterina over that nutjob Mimi Williams.

Ward 9 - will be the only one that will matter because someone new will replace the retiring Bryan Anderson.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 1:46 AM
HVAC guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead2 View Post
After that long crazy aside, can we please get back on discussion. What are your biggest issues this election and do you have any idea who you are supporting? At this juncture I'm fairly well certain barring any last-minute bids Don Iveson will get my vote again for mayor. And as for my Councillor? Not Caterina, that's for damn sure... Talk about a low-profile do-nothing politician...
While no longer in the ward 7 riding (but still owning property there) I will be actively campaining for Kris Andreychuk. Tony has dissapointed on so many levels, time for some proper representation

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 5:36 PM

Old Posted Feb 10, 2024, 4:55 AM

https://globalnews.ca/news/10284646/...trike-lockout/

Better batten down the hatches -- this could be a long one, neither side seems willing to budge.

Personally, I find the City's offer of 7.25% over five years rather paltry. I was in Vancouver not long ago when the transit union went on strike after rejecting an offer of 13% over three years -- they wanted 25%!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton