HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 17, 2014, 5:59 PM

I understand the concerns, but would TNSE actually add 250-300 obstructed seats? I find it highly unlikely. This isn't IGF. or those behind it's construction.

Hockey Configuration:

tickets.ca

Old Posted Apr 17, 2014, 6:07 PM

I wonder if they won't just duplicate the press box structure on the other side of the rink? You could fill it with a few hundred paying customers sitting in boxes, club seats, party suites, etc. No one's view of the game is obstructed because of the existing press box.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2014, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I wonder if they won't just duplicate the press box structure on the other side of the rink? You could fill it with a few hundred paying customers sitting in boxes, club seats, party suites, etc. No one's view of the game is obstructed because of the existing press box.
It does make sense. They used the term "loge" seating in the release.

ie: a small partitioned area,a separate forward section of a theater mezzanine or balcony, a box in a theater..or even a booth.

Well I'm sure we'll here more about in the not to distant future.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 8:25 PM

Jets game broadcasts moving to TSN3

On Monday, the Jets and TSN announced that the 65 Jets games slated for regional broadcast in 2014-15 will be shown on TSN3, eliminating the need for the previous dedicated TSN Jets channel. That means no more subscription needed: every subscriber who already gets TSN will get TSN3 automatically included in their cable package.

hose Jets games will now be broadcast across all of Manitoba and Saskatchewan, Nunavut, the Northwest Territories and parts of Northwestern Ontario, including Kenora, Dryden and Thunder Bay. The channel is one of five new TSN feeds to debut on Monday, Aug. 25.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...ce=d-top-story

Well, So be it. No apparent disruption otherwise. Free?

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 9:10 PM

Wow, that was quicker than expected! Makes sense since they lost the national broadcasts, they need to get as much people watching as possible.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 9:14 PM

Games will still be blacked out outside the region but definitely more casual viewers who will receive the channel but were unwilling to pony up the $10 a month for tsn jets. Definete plus for jets fans as it won't cost as much, or not anymore for those with an already comprehensive sports channel package.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 9:17 PM

I know this will sound really Winnipeggy, but I always thought it was annoying that we had to pay extra to watch on TV when hardly anyone else does.

Does anyone know if they got around to installing those extra seats referenced at the top of this page?

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Wow, that was quicker than expected! Makes sense since they lost the national broadcasts, they need to get as much people watching as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Games will still be blacked out outside the region but definitely more casual viewers who will receive the channel but were unwilling to pony up the $10 a month for tsn jets. Definete plus for jets fans as it won't cost as much, or not anymore for those with an already comprehensive sports channel package.
As far as I know, looking at the MTS guide as of today, TSN3 will be included in the basic TV package. Hence anyone with MTS basic service will receive the Jets 65 games free with thier subscription to MTS.

No change, as long as you have basic MTS service.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 9:25 PM

Ya the article says if you get tsn, you'll get tsn3. I too found it annoying we had to pay extra. Montreal and Ottawa are/were in the same boat with TSN Habs and TSN Sens. I wonder if they had to pay.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Ya the article says if you get tsn, you'll get tsn3. I too found it annoying we had to pay extra. Montreal and Ottawa are/were in the same boat with TSN Habs and TSN Sens. I wonder if they had to pay.

Good question for the Canadian thread. I like it. Free is good.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2014, 3:25 AM

Quote:
Its my understanding that there was an extremely low subscriber rate for tsn habs because RDS aired the French language rights and pretty much everyone already caught RDS. So much so that this coming season there is currently no English language broadcaster for regionals habs games.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2014, 5:10 AM

Good deal. I'm quite pleased about the "TSN 3" thing. The season cannot get here soon enough. I'm missing hockey like crazy.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2014, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Its my understanding that there was an extremely low subscriber rate for tsn habs because RDS aired the French language rights and pretty much everyone already caught RDS. So much so that this coming season there is currently no English language broadcaster for regionals habs games.
Ha, makes perfect sense! I used to watch sens/habs games on RDS here in Winnipeg.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2014, 11:08 PM

Nikolaj Ehlers

2 way, $1.625 over 3 years.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
Nikolaj Ehlers

2 way, $1.625 over 3 years.
This is for sure an exciting/promising player.

Last edited by beatlesque; Sep 3, 2014 at 12:24 AM.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 4:51 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Based on his records and stats, he has a very promising future with our team. I don't expect him to be playing with the team full time until at least next year, but he will develop to be a very good player.

He will have to build muscle, but seeing his speed, he will be up there with Wheeler for sure.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 6:35 AM

Quote:
Yeah. I was hoping there might be some workaround with the TSN 5 thing for me in Alberta but oh well. Looks like I'll have to look towards streams, Centre Ice or Gamecentre again

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 1:34 PM

I get the charging $10 to bring in some cash. But I would think it will be much more beneficial to the team having it free in the region. Then, like was posted, more casual viewers can watch. Building up the fan base (it's pretty large as it is, I know).

Ehlers looks like he coud develop into a star. Great pick, just needs to bulk up. Reminds me of Scheifele when he was drafted. Smaller kid weight wise with lots of potential.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 7:25 PM

Junior Jets staying In St. Jhon's until at least 2015-16

Thunder Bay arena not expected to be complete until 2017-18.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 7:49 PM

Quote:
I get the charging $10 to bring in some cash. But I would think it will be much more beneficial to the team having it free in the region. Then, like was posted, more casual viewers can watch. Building up the fan base (it's pretty large as it is, I know).

Ehlers looks like he coud develop into a star. Great pick, just needs to bulk up. Reminds me of Scheifele when he was drafted. Smaller kid weight wise with lots of potential.
TSN made the point that the viewership was so nominal it almost wasn't worth running it. I presume this is because of people's unwillingness to pay a premium to watch a discount team. In any case, this is most of the reason we're all familiar with products like the Bacon Wave and Zoomies; nowhere else was commercial time so cheap. It's likely TSN will average more viewers leading to greater advertising scores. I hope that's the case. I like the idea of not shelling out the cash monthly to watch a lot of games barely worth watching...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan