HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 6, 2016, 8:02 PM

Ocshner ER

Old Posted Jun 7, 2016, 1:29 AM
-

Photos from today:

Old Posted Jun 7, 2016, 1:29 AM

I'm glad to see that construction has started on the WWII Museum canopy. I think it's going to be a great addition to the area.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2016, 2:14 PM

Earhart

What are the two buildings going up on Earhart, by Dominican High School?

Old Posted Jun 7, 2016, 3:32 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by socigradstudent View Post
What are the two buildings going up on Earhart, by Dominican High School?
Pretty sure thats an Oreilly Auto Parts and Davita Dialysis Clinic.

1111 Tulane Ave·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: VQC1JF
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Joseph Kimbrell
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/2/2016
Closed:
No
Description
Create a ground floor convenience connection between 1111 Tulane and the adjacent 144 Elks Place Building as per plans. The required 2hr separation between the buildings will be maintained.

4242 Chef Menteur Hwy, Suite A·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: N0CHJ5
Type:
Applicant:
Ed Voltolina
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/3/2016
Closed:
No
Description
Tenant Build Out According to Plans (Wing Stop)

608 Bienville St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: FS50UG
Type:
Applicant:
Nathan Garnache
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/3/2016
Closed:
No
Description
Renovation to an existing 4 story apartment building. There are two apartments per floor, on floor 2 through 4. There is retail space at the 1st floor, that is not part of this project.

2700 Napoleon Ave·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: VG8SVQ
Type:
Applicant:
Tara Street
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/5/2016
Closed:
No
Description
Renovate to create a servery/cafeteria within Ochsner Medical Center as per plans.

2908 General De Gaulle Dr·New Construction ·Ref Code: LE2KR8
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Octavio Rodriguez
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/3/2016
Closed:
No
Description
Construct 7,232 S.F. single story, Metal framed shell office building and all associated site work as per plans. Separate permit required for build-out and Use and Occupancy.

1601 Lafitte Ave, 1625 Building·New Construction ·Ref Code: C10FNG
Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
John C. Williams
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/6/2016
Closed:
No
Description
New construction office and storage building (1625 building). Located on the property at 1601 Lafitte Ave. The ground floor of the building contains storage space with vehicular access and a lobby space for office spaces above. Floors 2 and 3 contain white box spaces to be built out by future office tenants. Parking is located on site and shared with the existing buildings at 1601 and 1621 Lafitte Ave. (existing buildings being renovated for office use. a separate permit is being applied for on these buildings). Part of the parking exists on property owned by the LADOTD under the exit ramp from I-10. A long term lease is being entered in to for use of the land

815 Julia St, 741 Carondelet St, 745 Carondelet St, 749 Carondelet St·Major Subdivision · Project #16-0771 ·Ref Code: 2UPQ1R
Download (2) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Major Subdivision
Applicant:
Abby Parking, LLC
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/6/2016
Closed:
No
Description
Applicant is requesting to subdivide 5 lots into 10 separate lots of record.

New Restaurant Will Drop Beer Bomber Mania on Mid City This Month

http://nola.eater.com/2016/6/6/11852...el-coming-soon

Last edited by tennis1400; Jun 7, 2016 at 6:49 PM.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2016, 3:08 PM

Non-stop flight to Frankfurt, Germany

Well it has happened. Condor airlines takes the plunge- twice weekly to Frankfurt on a Boeing 767 starting next summer. Looks like twice a week.

http://condor-newsroom.condor.com/en...new-orleans-2/

While not a British Airways or Air France offering onward worldwide connections, it is a start!

Old Posted Jun 8, 2016, 4:19 PM

Getting that first Euro carrier in over 30 years is a big deal. Many other cities that have recently gotten Euro service, like Austin and San Jose, have gotten service from multiple carriers within a year, so British Airways or Air France is not out of the realm of possibility.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2016, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternSon View Post
Well it has happened. Condor airlines takes the plunge- twice weekly to Frankfurt on a Boeing 767 starting next summer. Looks like twice a week.

http://condor-newsroom.condor.com/en...new-orleans-2/

While not a British Airways or Air France offering onward worldwide connections, it is a start!
Great news for the city! I'm still partial to a BA flight though! Hope it happens soon!

Old Posted Jun 8, 2016, 6:16 PM

This flight also offers connecting possibilities with interline partners Lufthansa and other carriers to other cities in Europe and the Middle East. You can check your bags with Condor, and they will be automatically placed onto a connecting LH flight to the next destination at the airport in Frankfurt. They also have lie flat seats in business class which is a great perk for those willing to pay a bit more.

https://www.condor.com/us/fly-enjoy/...r-airlines.jsp

Would love to see this flight do well enough to become year round and increase in frequency.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2016, 3:19 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
This flight also offers connecting possibilities with interline partners Lufthansa and other carriers to other cities in Europe and the Middle East. You can check your bags with Condor, and they will be automatically placed onto a connecting LH flight to the next destination at the airport in Frankfurt. They also have lie flat seats in business class which is a great perk for those willing to pay a bit more.

https://www.condor.com/us/fly-enjoy/...r-airlines.jsp

Would love to see this flight do well enough to become year round and increase in frequency.
Yeah that would be great! I still expect to see Paris Air France flight before London too.

Also I think good news for New Orleans is Delta just placed an order for new Bomberdiers. This should result in much better regional jets for us and additional destinations

Delta Finally Orders Bombardier's Game-Changing CSeries Jet

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...nging-cse.aspx

Benson Tower New Offices:

5068 Pontchartrain Blvd·New Construction · Permit #16-19046-NEWC ·Ref Code: E1JM1C
Download (6) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Construction Management Enterprises LLC
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
6/8/2016
Closed:
No
Description
Convert vacant lot into an accessory parking lot for restaurant located at 5080 Pontchartrain Blvd as per CPC Ordinance #026598 and drawings.

14601 Old Gentilly Rd·New Construction ·Ref Code: J4JDTV
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Eric Palmer
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/8/2016
Closed:
No
Description
An approximately 110’ open steel support and access structure for food processing equipment. It is 47'x25’ in plan with seven elevated floors above an existing pile-supported slab. New pilings are to be driven, new pile caps to be poured and attached to the existing slab. The new structure does attach to an existing equipment structure and utilizes the existing structure’s stair for primary access. See attached Plans, Sections, Elevations, and Details.

2223 Carondelet St·New Construction ·Ref Code: ZCYS0S
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Harry Baker Smith Architects
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/8/2016
Closed:
No
Description
New construction of condominium building consisting of three residential floors over one floor of parking.

CANAL STREET— Hong Kong Market fave Mr. Bubbles has just opened a second location inside the New Orleans BioInnovation Center (1441 Canal) with a menu of banh mi, bubble tea, Cafe Sua Da and more—including Dong Phuong breads for purchase— Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, noon to 4 p.m. [NOLA.com, Gambit]

METAIRIE— Walk-On’s is set to take over the freshly-shuttered Twin Peaks space in Clearview Mall this September, Chelsea Brasted reports. [NOLA.com]

Last edited by tennis1400; Jun 9, 2016 at 6:28 PM.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2016, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Yeah that would be great! I still expect to see Paris Air France flight before London too.

Also I think good news for New Orleans is Delta just placed an order for new Bomberdiers. This should result in much better regional jets for us and additional destinations

Delta Finally Orders Bombardier's Game-Changing CSeries Jet

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...nging-cse.aspx
Delta is not likely to add any destinations other than to it's own hubs. It does offer a seasonal Cancun flight but I don't expect it to be to any other cities like Southwest operates out of MSY.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2016, 6:37 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan View Post
Delta is not likely to add any destinations other than to it's own hubs. It does offer a seasonal Cancun flight but I don't expect it to be to any other cities like Southwest operates out of MSY.
This isnt strictly about delta its about this type of plane becoming part of every airline. That will change things to some extent!

Old Posted Jun 9, 2016, 9:11 PM

Quote:
This isnt strictly about delta its about this type of plane becoming part of every airline. That will change things to some extent!
I expected Norweigian to announce this. Norweigian CEO singled out NO and Memphis in a recent article about transatlantic service. Only reason I thin Memphis was included is if you make a 3 to 4 hr drive circle around it, there's over 6 million people. Their business model is to get folks that otherwise would never go to go via r/t tickets well under 1,000 dollars. Average Oakland to London Gatwick fare is between 650 and 800 bucks. I suspect you will see them eventually,.especially when Viking gets its boats going. River cruising is very big with the Euros. I suspect that's the main driver for Condor to pull the trigger. I figure you'll see some type of service at all major embarkation and debarkation ports along the Mississippi, Ohio and Cumberland. NO, Memphis, Nash, Cincy, Louisville.

I have even heard that the stops in the states may be the mid point stop and the planes would continue to places like Cancun. That would basically offer a city like NO or Memphis two international flights with one bird

It should be noted that Norweigian and Viking are both located in Norway.

As for BA, they are partners with AA and want you to feed via their hubs, same for Air France and Delta. The EU LCCs are the best hope.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2016, 9:20 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Memphian View Post
I expected Norweigian to announce this. Norweigian CEO singled out NO and Memphis in a recent article about transatlantic service. Only reason I thin Memphis was included is if you make a 3 to 4 hr drive circle around it, there's over 6 million people. Their business model is to get folks that otherwise would never go to go via r/t tickets well under 1,000 dollars. Average Oakland to London Gatwick fare is between 650 and 800 bucks. I suspect you will see them eventually,.especially when Viking gets its boats going. River cruising is very big with the Euros. I suspect that's the main driver for Condor to pull the trigger. I figure you'll see some type of service at all major embarkation and debarkation ports along the Mississippi, Ohio and Cumberland. NO, Memphis, Nash, Cincy, Louisville.

I have even heard that the stops in the states may be the mid point stop and the planes would continue to places like Cancun. That would basically offer a city like NO or Memphis two international flights with one bird

It should be noted that Norweigian and Viking are both located in Norway.

As for BA, they are partners with AA and want you to feed via their hubs, same for Air France and Delta. The EU LCCs are the best hope.
You may very well be right about Norwegian and other vacation based airlines in the uk.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2016, 11:56 PM
-

Looks like lots of demos headed to Tulane Ave ( street will be so different in a couple years):

2501 Tulane Ave·Demolition ·Ref Code: F0M8L3
Type:
Demolition
Applicant:
Buddy Coco
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/6/2016
Closed:
No
Description
NCDAC - Demolishing of building

2424 Tulane Ave·Demolition ·Ref Code: L1V7GJ
Download (3) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Demolition
Applicant:
John Ovella
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/1/2016
Closed:
No
Description
NCDAC JUNE 20, 2016 - Demolish existing structures, slabs and and all associated flat work.

3101 Tulane Ave·Interior Demolition · Permit #16-08468-DEMI ·Ref Code: FRGVSB
Download (9) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Interior Demolition
Applicant:
Vu Nguyen
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
5/11/2016
Closed:
No
Description
Interior demoltion: remove building finish materials to expose structural frame, remove mezanine and lift beams for proper head room.

614 Gravier St·Board of Building Standards and Appeals · Project #BBSA No. 16-53 ·Ref Code: EX6CA5
Type:
Board of Building Standards and Appeals
Applicant:
Choupique Holdings LLC
Draft Application
Date Filed:
6/2/2016 4:39:18 PM
Closed:
No
Description
The applicant is appealing a multi-purpose space in the rear of the building contains an occupancy load of 129 people, which is above the 49 person threshold that requires 2 remote exits from the space. Due to existing constraints with the existing building.the applicant is only able to provide one means of egress tothe street at Gravier. Also, the common path of travel fromthe Multi-purpose to the rated door of the fire stair enclosure is 91’-6" which exceeds the 75’-0" allowable distance.The existing conditions prevent the addition of a direct exit to the exterior, which ould reduce the common path of travel distance.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
You may very well be right about Norwegian and other vacation based airlines in the uk.
That's why the American legacies are fighting tooth and nail to throw up road blocks on Norweigian.

I recently looked at nonstop flights from Atlanta to London at 2 months out. It would have put the flights in mid June, the high season. I took the Norweigian flight from Oakland to Gatwickwick as a comparison. The Delta nonstops were running around 1,700 for basic economy while the Norweigian nonstop from Oakland was 700ish. That more than 2 for 1 in ticket price. If you are a family of 4 in Birmingham or Little Rock (using Memphis here)would you drive to Memphis and park in longterm over paying twice as much to fly out of your airport and connect in a massive megahub. The Norweigian is boss thinks the lower fares will get folks that would never spend that money enough incentive to finally do so. The savings on Norweigian would cover a weeks worth of moderate hotels in England. The continuation flights to Latin American or Carribean destinations make sense in that they want to have US based pilots and FAs. That would give them enough "work" to do so at these stations. I broke this down, comparing seat counts on Norweigian 787s to the Vacation Express 737 charters they fly out of Memphis to Cancun. If around half of a flight from London to Memphis got off there and the other half was going on to Cancun, there would be about a AeroMexico 737(the charter planes Vacation Express uses) worth of seats to fill. Hmmmmmm.....Plus Norweigian has cargo space on those planes to fill as well. This all works for New Orleans as well.

Oh, those C Series Bombardiers are might fine planes on paper so far. If some start up airline with big aspirations wanted to take on the big boys a mix of those and the newest turboprop would be th3 planes of choice if they wanted incredibly fuel efficient, new birds. Or use all the cheap, excess 50 seaters as feeders. I have long pi ed for FedEx to start a LCC as a means to drastically expand same day delivery in the e-commerce world we are now in.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2016, 11:45 PM

Benson Tower

Wait...what exactly are they doing to Benson Tower?! Adding more floors?? Redoing that hideous front facade?? Getting rid of the ugly palm trees and concrete galore in front of the Dome and adding greenery and purposeful trees? (Okay okay that last one was a joke haha)

Old Posted Jun 11, 2016, 3:19 PM
-

Quote:
Wait...what exactly are they doing to Benson Tower?! Adding more floors?? Redoing that hideous front facade?? Getting rid of the ugly palm trees and concrete galore in front of the Dome and adding greenery and purposeful trees? (Okay okay that last one was a joke haha)
tons of new office space for Ochnser.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2016, 8:30 PM

Quote:
tons of new office space for Ochnser.
how many new floors? renderings?

Old Posted Jun 13, 2016, 4:25 PM
-

Quote:
how many new floors? renderings?
Its just redoing the old Lord and Taylor space.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations