HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Jun 19, 2008, 4:53 PM
Closed account

Balsam and Main

I wonder what they plan on doing with the property where Trinity Baptist Church was. The Church has been empty for a while now. The 2 buildings next to the Church were also for sale recently but not sure if they still are or if they were sold. It's a fair size property to do something else with. Wait and see I guess eh.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 2:49 AM
Closed account

haha...I can help you out there.
Trinity Baptist site has a 9-storey apartment building planned for the property east of the church with ground floor retail and 2nd floor office space.
My church owns the house and large building to the west of Trinity Church Baptist. Not for sale anymore. Our K-12 school is moving into the large building from the Mountain. Our offices are located in the house.

I have a rendering for the 9-storey apartment building planned by Everlast Group. They are the same folks who did the seniors apartment on Strathcona at the firehall...same idea at Trinity - the church will be attached to the new building.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 2:53 AM
Hammer'd

Sounds pretty good to me.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 3:04 AM
Closed account

RTH when might we see some work begin?

Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 3:24 AM
Closed account

on the apartment??
probably not for a couple years. they just started the process.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 4:30 AM
Closed account

So they aren't tearing down the church then?

Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 1:08 PM

So they're not putting in a Car wash/gas station? We really need more of those in this area... there's only 3 or 4 of them as it is... we're running out.

Seriously though, that's sounds very exciting. Combined with the renovations going on at the St. Clair Appartments at Main and Sherman, I might be within walking distance of some new restaurants and retail stores in the next couple of years.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 3:04 PM
Closed account

well, you'll definitely be in walking distance of a new chip wagon. haha. I just noticed this morning that the carwash at Main/Prospect has a chip wagon there.
no, they aren't tearing down the church. They want it to be used by the community for community events/space etc....

Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 3:28 PM
Closed account

That's great news. I pass by every day on my way to work and have seen it deteriorate quick. It's a popular parking lot for Ti-Cat games still! haha

Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 8:22 PM
Closed account

Hmm, interesting.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2014, 2:47 AM

The former Trinity Baptist Church property at 922 Main St. E. (at Balsam) has finally sold.

It was put up for sale after the previous owners were unable to get it rezoned due to Hamilton's antiquated parking requirement bylaw.

The previous plan was to preserve the 1924 church building. I'm curious to know what the new plan will be...?

Old Posted Jan 8, 2021, 5:11 PM

This property and the one next to it are now being fenced off ... Is it just for privacy/protection

Old Posted Jan 10, 2021, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamiltonBoyInToronto View Post
This property and the one next to it are now being fenced off ... Is it just for privacy/protection
Not sure what may have been happening earlier this week but neither the church building, its parking lot nor any surrounding houses are currently fenced off

Old Posted Jan 10, 2021, 5:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyhamont View Post
Not sure what may have been happening earlier this week but neither the church building, its parking lot nor any surrounding houses are currently fenced off
It's actually the building right next to the church that has a new fence around it

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues