HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 6:16 PM
loafing in lotusland

Wow... I'm surprised no one is talking about the Penguins and Crosby. I guess they're not good enough to be disliked?

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 6:18 PM
loafing in lotusland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post
Except, Oiler and Flamer fans will continue to watch the rest of the playoffs and will no doubt debate and argue events as they occur. Canuck fans on the other hand are done with hockey because they are canuck fans (well only when they are a good team) and not hockey fans.
Go New York.
They're in good company. The players have been doing the same for the last few weeks. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

On a side note, it's so nice to see the bromance of Oil and Flame fans here. It gives me warm and fuzzies.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 6:28 PM
R2-D2's army of death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Just division rivals' fans going after each other.
It's stupid. I understand team rivalries, and playful mocking of the other teams mascots, but a LOT of the posts and references in this thread are out of line and needlessly insulting.
Franky: Ajldub, name calling is what they do when good arguments can't be found - don't sink to their level. Claiming the thread is "boring" is also a way to try to discredit a thread that doesn't match their particular bias.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaican-Phoenix View Post
It's stupid. I understand team rivalries, and playful mocking of the other teams mascots, but a LOT of the posts and references in this thread are out of line and needlessly insulting.
Yeah it is getting past good natured rivalry and is getting borderline personal. Lets all just chill out and enjoy the rest of the playoffs.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 6:50 PM

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 7:16 PM

One down, Ottawa to go.

Though they'll probably have an better chance getting through when they're concussing top players from the other team and not getting suspended for it. Neil is such a scumbag.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 7:32 PM
Registered User, Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaican-Phoenix View Post
Reading a lot of the comments in this thread almost makes me ashamed to be a hockey fan. What the hell is wrong with some of you?

Best comment I've seen in this thread so far.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 7:59 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoNeurons View Post
Wow... I'm surprised no one is talking about the Penguins and Crosby. I guess they're not good enough to be disliked?
Oh trust me, I danced quite the little jig when Crosby was eliminated. I dislike the Pens for similar reasons as the Canucks - they're overrated, their goaltending is VASTLY overrated, and they constantly whine to the refs (well, Crosby anyway). Plus their "stars" enjoy taking cheap shots that they get away with because of their status (hello, Malkin). Hell, Pittsburgh arguably has more dirty players overall, what with the likes of Letang and Cooke skating every night.

But this country has an inexplicable massive hard-on towards Crosby, so it's really hard to criticize them without being yelled at. So I mostly keep to myself on this one, unless I'm talking to a Philly fan. They're seemingly the only people who can be objective about the Pens.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 8:02 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post
Hey, enough with the personal insults! That guy has feelings too, you know.

Seriously, some of you really need to grow a pair (or at least check out the wider Internet, plus listen to some professional hockey media sometime) if you think THIS thread is even remotely close to "out of line". Hell, I can only imagine what this thread would be like if some of SSP's, shall we say, less than diplomatic posters contributed. Like habfanman for one.

(And yes, I needlessly quoted that pic due to its sheer awesomeness. It needed multiple showings.)

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
One down, Ottawa to go.

Though they'll probably have an better chance getting through when they're concussing top players from the other team and not getting suspended for it. Neil is such a scumbag.

Neil caught him with his head down.Trust me, it was probably looked at a million times. If it was a dirty hit, then he would of been suspended for it period.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 10:38 PM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
One down, Ottawa to go.

Haha.

I would love to have Chris Neil on my team. He hits hard and clean.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 10:46 PM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Oh trust me, I danced quite the little jig when Crosby was eliminated. I dislike the Pens for similar reasons as the Canucks - they're overrated, their goaltending is VASTLY overrated, and they constantly whine to the refs (well, Crosby anyway). Plus their "stars" enjoy taking cheap shots that they get away with because of their status (hello, Malkin). Hell, Pittsburgh arguably has more dirty players overall, what with the likes of Letang and Cooke skating every night.

But this country has an inexplicable massive hard-on towards Crosby, so it's really hard to criticize them without being yelled at. So I mostly keep to myself on this one, unless I'm talking to a Philly fan. They're seemingly the only people who can be objective about the Pens.
You're not the only one. I'm glad the Pens are out. Crosby is a baby (I do like Malkin though, he plays on the edge).
I also hate the fact they have tanked for several years in order to get Fleury (bust), Crosby, Malkin and Staal. The Flyers on the other hand, have built their team with great trades and awesome draft picks without tanking (well only once and they drafted JVR 2nd overall in 2007 and he's been a bust for his draft rank).

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
One down, Ottawa to go.

What are you referring to? Carkner and Hagelin both got suspended for their dirty plays. For the most part it's just been a very physical series. Did I miss something?

Last edited by Hybrid247; Apr 23, 2012 at 11:30 PM. Reason: wrong quote

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid247 View Post
What are you referring to? Carkner and Hagelin both got suspended for their dirty plays. For the most part it's just been a very physical series. Did I miss something?
Carkner's 1 game was a joke and the scumbag Neil is still playing.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
and clean.

My favourite thing to do with Neil is watch replays of that scumbag getting pummeled by Domi and Tucker.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 11:54 PM

Neil getting pummelled by Tucker?..Put some more of that Blue dope in your pipe.Ya Domi and him went toe to toe..Neil was a rook then,and Domi always got the better of him, but sure never pumelled him either.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 11:58 PM

Neil is a great player, but I can understand how a leafs fan would hate him. Sens fans hated Domi when he was still playing.

Neil hasn't made any dirty plays in this series though. What were you referring to when you said "they're concussing players on the other team without getting suspended"?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 12:54 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Well, the Rangers blew this one open quick. Hopefully the Sens can come back with a quick goal at the beginning of the 3rd to gain some momentum back.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 1:06 AM

Wow Lunqdvist is a beast. He has a few big saves this game

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 1:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post

hahah lmao

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada