HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 9:05 PM
9-7-2oh1-!

I completely forgot about that place in the mall downtown. I wonder how it's doing.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 9:31 PM
Submarine de Nucléar

I had no idea punch bowl social had bowling. Have not been there yet.

Old Posted May 7, 2014, 6:41 PM

Ankrom Moisan, Hoffman get $150M Daimler HQ job
Wendy Culverwell
Staff Reporter- Portland Business Journal

(rendering available in link)
http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/...T&t=1399487419

Quote:
Daimler Trucks North America has hired two Portland firms to design and build its new North Portland headquarters.

The company announced that site work began in April and construction will begin this summer. Ankrom Moisan Architects Inc. is designing the building and Hoffman Construction is constructing it.

The $150 million, 265,000-square-foot corporate headquarters will unite Daimler employees currently housed in separate offices and will accommodate approximately 400 new positions the company expects to add in conjunction with future growth.

The building,designed to the U.S. Green Building Council's LEED Platinum level, should be complete in 2016. The construction site is adjacent to Daimler's Swan Island location.

Last edited by MarkDaMan; May 8, 2014 at 1:47 AM.

Old Posted May 7, 2014, 8:23 PM
Karma Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post
Well, classic Good News/ Bad News.

Great that we're getting a new HQ building for Daimler. Bad that it looks like any corporate suburban office park building you'd find in Houston, Orange County or New Jersey. You'd think that a German mega-corporation would have a more sophisticated sense of design.

Old Posted May 7, 2014, 10:18 PM

What the hell happened to the beautiful rendering they were using previously?

Old Posted May 7, 2014, 11:00 PM

[QUOTE=tworivers;6568937]What the hell happened to the beautiful rendering they were using previously?

that was my first thought. wasn't ZGF previously on board to do this building?

Old Posted May 27, 2014, 5:31 PM

PDX Commons

Fenced off and ready for action at the corner of N. Williams and Fremont:

http://pdxcommons.com

NIMBYs should be coming out of the woodwork any time now.

Old Posted May 28, 2014, 3:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Kass View Post
Fenced off and ready for action at the corner of N. Williams and Fremont:

http://pdxcommons.com

NIMBYs should be coming out of the woodwork any time now.
I'm confused.. this is going to be a cohousing project? I think the crazies that populate cohousing projects tend to counterbalance the crazies from the neighborhood associations. I think this project is golden.

Old Posted May 28, 2014, 4:01 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_PDXer View Post
I'm confused.. this is going to be a cohousing project? I think the crazies that populate cohousing projects tend to counterbalance the crazies from the neighborhood associations. I think this project is golden.
I agree that it's golden.. I run through that neighborhood frequently and only mention the NIMBY folk because there are several adjacent houses that have self-made visual protests calling this project a 'behemoth' and asking the reader if 'they're ready for it'.. The bigger question is why these clowns haven't mowed their overgrown lawn or cleaned the garbage out of their driveway in months?.. Oh, well, whatever.. Progress is always contentious.

Old Posted May 28, 2014, 8:02 PM

M Kass, I think you are confusing multiple projects. PDX Commons is on Mississippi, according to their website.
Fremont and Williams, north of New Seasons is the One North Project. The site east of New Seasons is fenced off because it is being used for staging of the One North project.
Plans for that lot East of New Seasons are still in the planning stages, though that is the site that had protests regarding the height limit being raised.

Old Posted May 29, 2014, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvalk View Post
M Kass, I think you are confusing multiple projects. PDX Commons is on Mississippi, according to their website.
Fremont and Williams, north of New Seasons is the One North Project. The site east of New Seasons is fenced off because it is being used for staging of the One North project.
Plans for that lot East of New Seasons are still in the planning stages, though that is the site that had protests regarding the height limit being raised.
I could easily be mistaken.. Wouldn't be the first time! However, I ride by on my way to work and there is a corner placard (due south from Williams St. Market and due east from the northeast entrance of New Seasons) that states the name of the developer (not contractor or architect) for that site as Kaiser Permanente.. I'll check the web address again on my ride to work to clarify. Thanks!

Old Posted May 29, 2014, 12:27 AM

Are you sure it wasn't Kaiser Group? Kaiser Group is the development/architecture group owned by Ben Kaiser, who also owns Path Architecture.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted May 29, 2014, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Are you sure it wasn't Kaiser Group? Kaiser Group is the development/architecture group owned by Ben Kaiser, who also owns Path Architecture.
Wouldn't be the first (or second) time I've been wrong. I just know that the sign, which I'll photo, says it's a senior community.. More to come. Hopefully the confusion will be alleviated.

Old Posted May 29, 2014, 12:48 AM

It is kaiser group development. And I know for a fact that the trailers are there for the one north project, since I've been involved with the development for the last 2yrs, and attended the ground breaking with the tenant yesterday afternoon...

Old Posted Jun 16, 2014, 8:58 PM

Security Properties releases designs for North Williams Avenue superblock complex

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...l#incart_river

Print By Casey Parks | cparks@oregonian.com The Oregonian
Follow on Twitter
on June 16, 2014 at 11:36 AM, updated June 16, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Quote:
Developers have released what are likely to be final designs for the megacomplex coming to North Williams Avenue.

Security Properties plans to build 268 apartments with more than 25,000 square feet of commercial space to the superblock bounded by Skidmore and Mason. The site at 4134 N. Vancouver Ave. is currently occupied by a one-story commercial building that operates as an incubator for the Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs.

Security bought the 91,000-square-foot property last year for $4.2 million. In March, the firm presented plans that include room for 237 parking spaces and indoor bike locker rooms. The building will stretch to six stories on North Williams Avenue and step down to three-story townhomes on Vancouver Avenue. ...

Old Posted Jun 16, 2014, 9:29 PM

Wait, SIX stories? What do they think this is, Manhattan???

Old Posted Jun 16, 2014, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworivers View Post
Wait, SIX stories? What do they think this is, Manhattan???

Old Posted Jun 17, 2014, 12:29 AM
A before E

Awesome complex, great to see the urban growth continuing further north. I am loving how much the North Williams area has been changing into such a vibrant urban neighborhood.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2014, 2:46 AM

And now for something completely different. Full posting notice here [PDF, small]

Quote:

NW Corner of N. Fargo St. and N. Williams Avenue Applicant: Andrea Wallace & Brian Heather, SolTerra Systems Design Advice Request for a new mixed use 6-story building with 50 residential units, 2,700 square feet of commercial space and 12 parking spaces to be located within the building. The residential units are accessed via exterior walkways around a central courtyard that will include communal spaces, outdoor terraces, and vegetated walls. Proposed exterior materials include concrete, metal siding, wood siding, and vinyl windows. A Modification to the Ground Floor Windows standard may be required on the south facade

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Jun 20, 2014, 3:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
And now for something completely different. Full posting notice here [PDF, small]
Exterior walkways? Vegetated walls? Vinyl windows? Communal spaces? Huh?

I'm not happy or sad, merely perplexed.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland