HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Oct 16, 2006, 5:27 AM

SWEET!

On the last picture, how high up will Rincon go? To the first tower on the Bay Bridge (leftmost one), to the top of the frame? And I want to go to Shreve and buy a Lange & Sohne.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2006, 7:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenratboy
SWEET!

On the last picture, how high up will Rincon go? To the first tower on the Bay Bridge (leftmost one), to the top of the frame? And I want to go to Shreve and buy a Lange & Sohne.
the first tower of the bay bridge is 525' if i'm not mistaken. one rincon hill (south tower) will reach 641' to its structural tip (plus the 75' stub of rincon hill that its built on), so the tower will easily clear the top of the bay bridge's towers once completed!

Old Posted Oct 16, 2006, 7:29 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8
I was in town and took a few photos myself...

Rincons the blue tower on the left.
Might as well acknowledge for non-locals that the yellow cranes to the right are putting up "The Infinity" which will be a pretty nice building itself (and apparently its two towers will be topped out before the second One Rincon tower even gets going).

[/QUOTE]

I must say I don't understand this picture. I can't identify either "The Infinity" site or the Metropolitan which is on the downhill block from One Rincon.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2006, 2:57 PM

Wow, so in that picture, the building should reach the top of the image!

Old Posted Oct 17, 2006, 5:29 AM
Green Berniecrat

Top of the image or at least somewhere close to that. The construction site looks so massive from far away, but in the end, thats going to be one sweet tower from all points of view.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2006, 7:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF
I must say I don't understand this picture. I can't identify either "The Infinity" site or the Metropolitan which is on the downhill block from One Rincon.
The Metropolitan is the tallest building on the left of that pic. You can see the Infinity cranes in the background if you look close.

Will Rogers once said, "children in San Francisco are taught two things: love the Lord and hate Los Angeles."

Old Posted Oct 17, 2006, 4:49 PM

Wow, with all these projects in San Francisco AND Sacramento, Nor. Cal. is getting a serious skyline upgrade!

Now we just need something else big in Oakland (San Jose is screwed with the airport I guess).

Old Posted Oct 17, 2006, 5:35 PM

With a top elevation of 741 feet over sea level, Tower 1 may exceed the shorter 525 foot tall Bay Bridge towers by about 41%.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2006, 5:41 PM

Thats pretty tall. Will be like Hong Kong with the buildings going up the hills.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2006, 6:52 PM
Green Berniecrat

So I guess its not Manhatanization anymore but Hong Kong ... ization, heh.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2006, 1:21 AM

Rincon Hill is 120 ft. (37 m) above sea level, not 100 ft. (30 m), so the top of Tower One is actually 761 ft. (232 m) above sea level. No doubt about Hong Kongnization happening on Rincon Hill.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2006, 2:20 AM
Green Berniecrat

And because its 761 feet above sea level, it should resemble its two older brothers (a.k.a. Bank of America and Transamerica Towers), at least when the city is viewed from a place accross the Bay like Emeryville or Albany

Old Posted Oct 18, 2006, 4:00 AM

I believe the 120 foot top of Rincon Hill is just to the Southwest of the main entrance to the tower. According to San Francisco GIS topographic survey maps, the 100 foot contour line is right about where the main entrance to Tower 1 might be. If I also remember correctly, John King (or was it someone else?) mentioned in the Chronical that the tower is set at 100 feet. Otherwise, I do not have any other definite information on the building entry floor elevation. It is not the usual practice to raise the entry floor level another 20 feet to meet level with a point nearly offsite, but I could be wrong. Tower 1 is probably set wherever as high as it is technically feasible on the site.

Anyway, the top of the Rincon building might be somewhere about the 49th or 50th floor of the Bank of America Building that is at 31 feet elevation at ground floor. At 641 feet tall, Tower 1 is the height of the 853 feet tall Transamerica without the 212 foot crown. No matter which way we look at it, One Rincon Hill will be the 3rd highest peak in the San Francisco's skyline for what could be a period of less than 7 years. That depends on if Renzo Piano's tower design starts construction before the Transbay Terminal and Tower begins in 2010 as planned.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2006, 6:40 AM

Since One Rincon Hill will become the third tallest peak in the SF skyline, I hope at night they will put some light effects and eye candy on the tower; at least have it light up like the crown of the St. Regis Museum Tower does. It would really suck for a prominent tower like One Rincon Hill to not have any lighting effects at night.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2006, 10:45 AM
Green Berniecrat

I havent seen any renderings of the building at night, so I can only hope so

Old Posted Oct 18, 2006, 10:27 PM

Oh, I also forgot to mention the first few pieces of glass curtainwall erected on the structure are on the side facing I-80, so if you are a daily commuter into San Francisco and you are stuck in traffic you may be able to see the pieces. They haven't erected any glass facing the other three sides yet.
芝加哥 Chicago: Trump Tower, Waterview Tower

Old Posted Oct 18, 2006, 11:56 PM
Green Berniecrat

Heh, for the first time I actually look forward to being stuck in traffic on I-80.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2006, 5:02 AM

^^^ Hahaha, actually, I saw the glass panels from an Amtrak bus on the way home from UC Davis, and obviously, the eye level from the bus is higher than the eye level from a regular car. I don't know if the side wall of the approach maybe blocking the view because the installed panels are ethier on the 3rd or 4th floor.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2006, 5:41 AM
Waiting for what's next..

Thumbs up I can see it!

At last... I can see it from where I live (Mountain Spring Ave., near Raccoon Dr.) Yea... even without binoculars. That is going to be some high-rise. Today (18-Oct) was a great day for visualizing such, at a distance.

One of these days, I'll send someone a photo; someone who knows how to post it. (All rights relinquished, of course.)

Old Posted Oct 19, 2006, 5:48 AM

^^^You can host the pictures at photobucket or some other image-hosting site for free.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive