HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

262 Fifth Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 5, 2017, 10:37 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
Anyone know what tower the massing is for in the upper left?
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=227690

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREPYE View Post
There is a grotesque level of apathy by most toward the loss of some on the most classic new York skyline views that are being lost. Most of these towers completely ablate the public's view (of millions of people) of these majestic buildings so that a handful of millionaires can have exclusive close-up view.

Watching the classic skyline being walled off it makes me sick as a native New Yorker.
As a New Yorker, you shouldn't be. There was a New York before the Chrysler and Empire State buildings, for example. But the energy of New York is always about "moving" and change - like it or not. It's that energy that makes it the place it is, and the place so many people want to be. If it weren't for that, you wouldn't see so many new buildings going up. It wouldn't be the city so many people want to visit. I may not like a lot of the new buildings going up, I"m not particularly pleased with this one, but I know they have a right to build it. It's a city of skyscrapers, our favorites aren't always going to win the day (or view). There's a particular view of the Empire State from Broadway and 32nd that I've always loved, and now that's blocked by some random new apartment building on 32nd Street. Oh well. That's New York. It's constantly shifting and changing. You have to adapt. Time moves on, and what could be considered the skyline of the New York we know will not be considered the skyline of the New York of the future. I always say we haven't seen the best New York, and New York isn't done.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction