HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 14, 2012, 8:52 PM

Bump.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2012, 9:13 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
I hate asking for this since I no longer live in Nashville and can't contribute, but any chance one or some of you guys could take an afternoon when you have time and snap some construction photos? I'd love to see the progress of some of these projects I've heard so much about.
I'll try to make a trip up to Nashville here in the next few weeks to take some construction photos. I took quite a few pictures a couple of weeks ago in the photo thread I posted, but not many construction photos other than the ones of the east bank developments (on the previous page) and the MCC which I put in its thread in General Developments. I should have planned better to be able to take more pictures, but I only had a day and I had to get back home. I'm only in Nashville one or two days a month either going to Preds games or visiting friends and family, but next time I am in Nashville I'll make sure to take a number of construction photos.

Here's a pretty crappy last second shot of Pine Street lofts that I got when I was leaving the Gulch. This will be a nice project when completed.

With the Omni Hotel about to get to street level I assume someone in Nashville will be keeping us updated on it every few days.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2012, 2:34 AM

tower crane is up at Elliston 23

Old Posted Jan 30, 2012, 2:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
tower crane is up at Elliston 23
Can't wait to see this project complete.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2012, 12:11 AM

Small update

Elliston 23's tower crane is up and the site is definitely moving.

Omni Hotel's southeast corner has busted above street level.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2012, 3:39 AM

Wow! I have been looking at the construction camera so I did not even realize it was above street level yet! Gotta drive past there soon.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2012, 2:36 PM

City of Berry hill gaining more apartments

The small, less than 2 square miles city of Berry Hill is gaining more apartments and retail on a site that proved critical many years before. Berry Hill is located along Franklin Pike where I-65 & I-440 intersect and is experiencing fairly solid growth, and it is all infill. The locals know this site as the abandoned theatre across from The Melrose Pub.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...ls-for-47.html

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 1:32 AM

surprised noone has mentioned this seeing that it is huge news for the city of nashville. of course everyone remembered opryland theme park. well now there are plans to build a water park and snow park that may eventually lead to a full theme park in the future. the water park and snow park is phase 1 of the project that will take up just a portion of the 114 acre site across from gaylord opryland hotel and convention center across briley parkway. the water and snow park is slated to open by 2014 and designs have not been released yet. if this project becomes successful, the addition of a dry park with roller coasters, etc is not ruled out. here is just one link reporting the news:

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2012/1...ces_challenges

i dont visit downtown as much as i used to seeing that i am on business trips for half the week but next time i go down, i will try and take some pictures. speaking of berry hill. i was in that area not too long ago and ive never seen that area so busy since the second opening of 100 oaks mall back in the late 90s. that area sure has bounced back since then.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2012, 10:12 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

^I saw this a week or so ago and decided I would wait a while before adding my two cents, but a snow park?? seriously? I'm guessing they're going to run the snow from November thru Feb/March and the water park from April thru Sept/Oct.

This is gonna turn out like a Yee Haw Dollywood.

On the other hand it should make some good money, I just wish we could have a full scale theme park similar to a 6 Flags.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2012, 3:27 PM

A person from another site has picture proof that core drilling has taken place at 206 & 220 6th Ave North. This is the site for the Nashville City Center garage. Unfortunately this does not include the surface lot fronting Church Street.

Here's the permit from 2008, and look under "scope of work".
https://permits.nashville.gov/kivane...37706&jur=NASH

Last edited by futuresooner; Feb 8, 2012 at 6:25 PM.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2012, 3:32 PM

Updated rendering for West End Village.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2012, 6:28 PM

The former FYE site, 2400 West End as it's called right now, is currently fenced off and demo should happen in the next few weeks. A I've said before, this is to be a Homewood Suites hotel.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2012, 6:03 PM

The official rendering for the 2400 West End Homewood Suites.

The story from WTVF NewsChannel 5:
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/16...il&Format=HTML

Old Posted Feb 14, 2012, 6:28 PM
Future God

^^^Not a fan. Bland design, and really, it appears to be an urban building in name only. I hope I'm wrong.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Feb 14, 2012, 6:43 PM

Quote:
^^^Not a fan. Bland design, and really, it appears to be an urban building in name only. I hope I'm wrong.
I like how they seemed to stretch the rendering to show depth when in reality the lot is far from very deep. It is a fairly tight lot so it'll probably wind up being more dense than shown.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2012, 7:54 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Same thoughts here, but at least it will be infill. Maybe it won't look too cheesy.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2012, 2:55 AM

Just announced this week as quoted from the actual developers website:

"oneC1TY will be a multi-building, mixed-use development that will cater to the healthcare, life sciences and technology sectors of the global economy – all of which are growing dramatically. It will create a space for those industries to connect with higher education, research and development, and other related disciplines in a collaborative, interactive campus near the center of Nashville’s urban core."

http://www.onec1tynashville.com/about/

This development is right off where the 28th Ave connector project is being built with HCA Centennial Medical and Baptist Hospitals are located. There was an article in The Tennessean regarding this as a potential major medical hub once built out comparing it to Seattle's South Lake Union in terms of potential and also how valuable that land is if it were to turn into a medical research and office space. I do believe someone mentioned this a page or so ago but just noticed the article in the paper today

BTW guys if ya are ever in Nashville look me up and we can talk about the city. I grew up here and ALOT has changed since I can remember, ESPECIALLY in the suburbs around Nashville. If you need my contact info message me

Old Posted Feb 18, 2012, 2:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
^I saw this a week or so ago and decided I would wait a while before adding my two cents, but a snow park?? seriously? I'm guessing they're going to run the snow from November thru Feb/March and the water park from April thru Sept/Oct.

This is gonna turn out like a Yee Haw Dollywood.

On the other hand it should make some good money, I just wish we could have a full scale theme park similar to a 6 Flags.
Give it several years for this development to turn into a theme park. After all this water / snow park is just phase 1 of the project. They mentioned that adding rollercoasters and a land park, etc is not ruled out in the future

Old Posted Feb 22, 2012, 4:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipaTitan View Post
Give it several years for this development to turn into a theme park. After all this water / snow park is just phase 1 of the project. They mentioned that adding rollercoasters and a land park, etc is not ruled out in the future
This may be the best time for Nashville to start a true theme park. The closest competition from a full theme park was in Louisville with Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. Due to Six Flags' brankruptcy a couple years ago that park has been closed. A lot of the infrastructure is still there, but I believe Six Flags sold several of the rides so opening it again will take some time and a pretty large investment.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2012, 5:58 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHey View Post
This may be the best time for Nashville to start a true theme park. The closest competition from a full theme park was in Louisville with Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. Due to Six Flags' brankruptcy a couple years ago that park has been closed. A lot of the infrastructure is still there, but I believe Six Flags sold several of the rides so opening it again will take some time and a pretty large investment.
True, although Nashville is too close to St. Louis and Atlanta for a Six Flags I think a theme park would thrive in Nashville. Something like Opryland or Liberty Land but on a larger scale. Its a full weekend for Tennesseans to drive to STL, ATL, or Cincinnati for a theme park.

However, I don't know how well a water and snow park will last.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations