HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Old Posted Apr 14, 2012, 2:46 PM

Charlotte downtown life after work.

I have been to lots of fun cities, many overseas. I have had some great times in downtown Charlotte bar hopping, dining, dance venues, plays, etc. The thing that I like about downtown Charlotte is that you can hit so many places without taking a taxi or walking so far that you sober up completely. And now, there is the NC Music Factory that is about a mile from downtown that has lots of extra entertainment. I would rate downtown Charlotte as a strong "7" on a scale of "10" compared to the cities I have experienced. How would you rate your hometown on a scale of "10"? Additionally, I believe the city has always done a great job with festivals, etc. in the downtown area.

If you are from Chicago or NYC, we know that you have tons more to offer since you are so much larger, so please don't make a redundant comparison.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 10:31 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Downtown Memphis does alright in my opinion. There is usually something "major" going on downtown at least two nights out of the week. During basketball season, you have the Grizzlies and the University of Memphis basketball games and various concerts, during the spring you have Memphis in May (Beale St. Music Fest, BBQ Fest, etc), during the summer you have Country on Beale, and Redbirds games as well as other concerts. Overall Memphis does fairly well, at least Thursday thru Saturday/Sunday on some occasions.

I easily get burnt out on Beale St. mainly due to all the tourists and other people that put on a front when they come down, mainly people from Bartlett, Collierville, Germantown, or other suburbs of Memphis that don't want to admit that they're suburbs of Memphis. Plus I don't want to wait 20 minutes for a $7 drink that I could get quicker and cheaper somewhere else in town.

Cooper/Young in Midtown is a legit place to go get drinks or hear live music, actually I'd much rather go there than go downtown for just the regular Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast