HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe

Old Posted Dec 8, 2007, 3:26 PM
NothingBetterToDo

NBTD's Travels: Hot Hot Prague!! (and the 'Bone Church')

Places already visited

Amsterdam
Copenhagen
Berlin
Oslo
Bergen

Check out London too

Prague

So, I went to the beautiful city of Prague back in July and have only now got around to sorting though the pics.

The Czech Republic was experiencing unusually hot weather, high 30's/low 40's -which was quite a change from the dreariness
and constant rain we had come from in the rest of Northern Europe.
It made it hard to walk for more than 5 mins without to sit down and have a drink
..which was rather annoying as we couldn't explore the city half as much as we would have liked.

Anyway, it didn't detract from this gorgeous, lively city...its well worth a visit if you haven't been

Enjoy...

1. Starting with a big Pano, taken from the Palace, you can see the mini Eiffel Tower poking above the hill>>>>>>>>>>>>>scroll

2. And another Pano.....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

3. Typical shot of the Palace/Castle

5. The TV tower in the distance

10. Someone made the Soldier laugh, which made us laugh, which made him laugh even more
......the main officer guy didn't look too impressed

11. A Skoda? In Prague??

12. >>>

15. Segway....

18. Some guys chasing the water sprayer which made a pretty Rainbow :happy:
(I don't know what the water sprayers were for - i assume it is to stop the tram tracks buckling in the immense heat )

22. The famous bridge

29. Garden Gnomes get everywhere :shifty:

30. A museum of some sort

We went to nearby Kutna Hora to see the infamous 'Bone Church' - it was such a relief to be somewhere cool and out of the heat,
i really didn't care that i was surrounded by the bones of 40,000 plague victims :shifty:

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 11:01 AM
YIMBY co-founder

Why o why are you taunting me like this? I want warmth and summer NOW! weeks of just above freezing and rain more days than not is no fun I tells ya, no fun at all!

I just wanna sit up by that castle with a cold beer and look out over the city.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 2:57 PM
NothingBetterToDo

^^ Trust me man, this heat was unbearable - its the most uncomfortable i've ever been. Even the locals were complaining that it was out of the ordinary.

Give me a nice, crisp and sunny winters day over a steaming hot summers day

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 9:16 PM
YIMBY co-founder

Haha, you got that heat too? When I was in Praha in 2000 (iirc) it was a heat-wave too. I got even more of that in Riga at the SSC meet there in july this year.

Cold over heat? Sure, over 30 for more than a day or two isn't fun, but... weeks of cold, dark & rainy? at least there's the internet
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted Oct 28, 2008, 6:51 AM
International

Looks like I need to check out Prague.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe