HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Federation Tower East Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Moscow Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Nov 30, 2010, 2:00 AM

Red face TORONTO | Bisha Hotel and Residences | 137 M / 449 FT | 41 FLOORS

source

source

source

current state of the site:

source

as posted in the elevation drawing, this is located at 56 blue jays way.

more information here:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=814690

Old Posted Nov 30, 2010, 2:51 PM
gettin' rich!

Thats for creating this thread...

Just too much going on to keep track of it all.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2010, 1:18 PM

Location: enjoying life in Tønsberg the coolest little town in Norway
this highrise is abit to old designed id say.

i think it should hawe a more modern and intresting look and design because its rather low. it would definetly make it stand out abit wich id say its important for a hotel.

My flickr photo stream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/infernal_elf/

Old Posted Dec 19, 2010, 2:34 PM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by interchange42 View Post
Urban Toronto's coverage of Bisha Hotel & Residence by Lifetime Developments and Ink Entertainment continues into the glamorous model suite by Munge Leung showcasing the myriad luxury appointments in Bisha's 332 private residences.

Text by Doug Convoy, Photos and Illustrations Courtesy of Lifetime Developments and Ink Entertainment

Located on floors 10 to 39, condominium suites range in size from 379 square feet to over 2,500 square feet and feature nine foot, exposed concrete ceilings; designer-selected pre-finished engineered flooring; signature flat slab doors or sliders; contemporary profile painted wood baseboards, door frames and casings; and designer-selected door handles and hardware.

High-tech kitchens include custom cabinetry by Munge Leung, natural stone countertops and backsplashes, stainless steel undermount sink, stainless steel appliances, and designer-selected hardware and lighting.

Spa-like master bathrooms contain Munge Leung-designed cabinetry; natural stone flooring, tiles and countertops; white porcelain plumbing fixtures; soaker tub and/or separate frameless glass shower; and chrome accessory package.

Bisha residences integrate state-of-the-art technology including pre-wiring for cable TV, high-speed Internet access and telephones; individual thermostat for temperature control in each suite; and emergency voice communications system and smoke and carbon monoxide detector in each suite. Prices run from the mid-$300,000’s to over $1.5 million.

Bisha Hotel & Residence, a unique niche-luxury brand originating in Toronto, embodies the energy, passion, and ambition of its creators and designers perhaps more than any other development project in the city today. Urban Toronto will continue to track its progress in the months and years ahead as it builds upon this city's growing sophistication and excitement. So, stay tuned.
More information on this one from UT

Old Posted Jan 11, 2011, 2:51 PM
gettin' rich!

Apparently this development might be on the bubble, if for some unseen consequence of the economy tanking.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2011, 8:29 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal_Elf View Post
this highrise is abit to old designed id say.

i think it should hawe a more modern and intresting look and design because its rather low. it would definetly make it stand out abit wich id say its important for a hotel.
But almost every current development in Toronto (and much of the world) is trying to be modern. I'd say that they way to get a development to stand out is to not piggy back on current trends.

That said, I'm not 100% sold on the styles I'm seeing either, mainly because there's too much going on for such small spaces. Designs like these require large rooms with grand architectural features too look their best. Shoe-horning these elaborate designs into such small spaces doesn't look natural. It seems like the walls, floors and ceiling are just broken up into too many competing colours and textures.

Actually I think my criticism is that I'd rather see the design be more modern and less PoMo.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2011, 9:48 AM
gettin' rich!

I see your point. But in the context of the design and location and function of this building, I don't agree with you.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2011, 11:21 AM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
But almost every current development in Toronto (and much of the world) is trying to be modern. I'd say that they way to get a development to stand out is to not piggy back on current trends.

That said, I'm not 100% sold on the styles I'm seeing either, mainly because there's too much going on for such small spaces. Designs like these require large rooms with grand architectural features too look their best. Shoe-horning these elaborate designs into such small spaces doesn't look natural. It seems like the walls, floors and ceiling are just broken up into too many competing colours and textures.

Actually I think my criticism is that I'd rather see the design be more modern and less PoMo.
I imagine we'll see more of these over the top, hyper textured interiors. Todays generation find most things far too bland, boring, and pedestrian. They crave more visual interest. I wouldn't mind a departure from the conservatism of the past. I've had enough of beige on beige on beige.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2011, 9:39 PM
gettin' rich!

Saw that Bisha is going to be the centre of a new hub intersection at King and Peter...

on blogto

http://www.blogto.com/city/2011/01/i..._intersection/

[img]Is King and Peter Toronto's next hub intersection?

When he unveiled the plans for the Bisha hotel and condo complex late last year, clubland impresario Charles Khabouth predicted that the intersection of King West and Peter streets would be at the centre of a new downtown core, to no small derision. The idea stuck with me, however, and I decided to take a look at the crossroads to imagine just what will be happening here in the next few years that might be feeding Khabouth's optimism - besides owning a hotel in the vicinity.

King West and Peter was, for many years, the border between the modest redevelopment of the theatre district and the nether land of dusty warehouses and garment trade sweatshops, presided over by the old Westinghouse building, a minor architectural gem thanks mostly to the lines of stone ornamentation that redeem this otherwise unremarkable brick box. The arrival in 1990 of the infamous and architecturally unloved Holiday Inn on the northeast corner - now the more upscale Hyatt Regency - marked the beginning of downtown bursting its borders westward, and the last 15 years have seen the intersection ringed with new hotels, condos, office conversions of the old warehouses, and commercial high-rises like the RBC Dexia building.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2011, 2:31 AM
Endless Moments...

I like it. Looks nice...
Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2011, 5:10 PM
gettin' rich!

Yeah, I do too!

But the thing is, if the market even catches a slight cold, I have a feeling this project is dead.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2011, 2:56 AM
gettin' rich!

I was right.... the sales on this project are not living up to expectations...

What now? - guess they have sold around 30%, but that's far from what they need before they can move forward with this tower. I'll check in again in April or May and see how this one is going.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2011, 5:09 AM
Tribune in all her glory.

I love the base of this. Looks wonderful.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2011, 3:31 PM
gettin' rich!

I read yesterday, that this condo is breaking sales records. So there you go, one source says something, another something else.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2011, 9:55 AM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James2390 View Post
I love the base of this. Looks wonderful.
I like the crown.

Now to see when construction begins if it remains as is... or suffers the fate of being cheapened out of the design.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2011, 10:13 PM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed007Toronto View Post
Scoop. Final rooftop render.

Posted today at www.urbantoronto.ca

Old Posted Apr 2, 2011, 10:06 PM

Any word of a rumored start date?

Old Posted Apr 7, 2011, 2:47 PM
gettin' rich!

Most likely fall or winter 2011.

Kabouth has sold about 60% so I've heard.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2011, 1:38 PM
gettin' rich!

Cannot obtain current sales numbers, so I'll stick with 60% for now.

But there are new interior renderings...

Quote:
Bisha Hotel & Residences is a 41 floor new condo community in Toronto from Lifetime Developments. Condos for sale range in size from 376ft to 1,600ft. Condos for sale range in price from $293,900 to $1,500,000. Bisha Hotel & Residences has a total of 332 units and is scheduled for completion sometime in 2014.

Bisha is the newest private-label hotel and residences brand to originate in Toronto since Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts was introduced in the 1960s. Created by Lifetime Developments and Ink Entertainment, Bisha offers the best in architecture and interior design, art, cuisine, music and culture.
http://www.innewhomes.com/new-condo-...8FRCUVFHZ631AM

Old Posted Apr 20, 2011, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
Most likely fall or winter 2011.

Kabouth has sold about 60% so I've heard.
Or they've been so overwhelmed by sales they need some time to catch their breath, like GG @ 1 Bloor
Thanks for the interior pics, these units look really nice.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive