HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Feb 26, 2009, 2:02 PM
It's Hammer Time

I get the email as well. With the emails you can purchase tickets first before the public can.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2009, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroblaster View Post
can I sign up for HECFI email updates? i couldn't find anything on their site about signing up for a newsletter
If you buy tickets for a HECFI event online you automatically get these.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2009, 3:05 PM

Quote:
can I sign up for HECFI email updates? i couldn't find anything on their site about signing up for a newsletter
Sorry, I can't help beyond guessing how I got signed up, because I didn't sign up on purpose. I'm guessing I got signed up when I bought my tickets online for Kathleen Edwards show.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2009, 3:14 PM

Quote:
You might try e-mailing the Marketing/Programming/Communications department secretary Bonnie Marino at bmarino@hamilton.ca

Old Posted Feb 26, 2009, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTown View Post
I get the email as well. With the emails you can purchase tickets first before the public can.
And even earlier than that if you visit the TicketsNow website .

Old Posted Feb 26, 2009, 4:14 PM

thanks for info, everyone

Old Posted Apr 3, 2009, 9:51 PM

The Tragically Hip
Hamilton Place
Sept 30 & Oct 2

Old Posted Apr 7, 2009, 6:16 PM
It's Hammer Time

National pow wow comes to Hamilton
Native festival moves from Toronto

April 07, 2009
Graham Rockingham
http://www.thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/544658

Hamilton will host Canada’s largest annual native Pow Wow for the next three years

The four-day Canadian Aboriginal Festival will be held this year from Nov. 26 to Nov. 29  in downtown Hamilton.

It marks the first time in the festival’s 16-year history that the event has been held outside of Toronto.

And organizers for the festival, which is expected to draw about 10,000 visitors per day to Copps Coliseum, said they have agreed to hold it here for the following two years as well.

“It’s quite a coup for Hamilton to host this great event,” Mayor Fred Eisenberger told a news conference Tuesday at Copps Coliseum. “Every time we take one away from Toronto ... it brings a little bit of joy.”

The festival, which includes the Canadian Aboriginal Music Awards, will kick off with a gala dinner at the Hamilton Convention Centre on Thursday, Nov. 26 and continue with an educational day on Friday, Nov. 27, at Copps, expected to draw more than 6,000 elementary school students.

The 11th annual Canadian Aboriginal Music Awards will follow on the Friday evening at Hamilton Place.

The main festival, or Pow Wow, will take place throughout the day Saturday and Sunday (Nov. 28 and 29) at Copps  Coliseum, with more than 800 native dancers and entertainers from across the country participating.

The festival also features some 250 booths offering First Nations crafts, food and educational displays.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2009, 1:35 AM

wicked. i'm into the pow wow. this is going to be great.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2009, 8:31 PM

Branding ourself as the city of fan petitions. Maybe we'll score an autograph sesh at a local Walmart!

HECFI WANTS YOUR HELP TO PUT AC/DC ON THE “HIGHWAY TO HAMILTON”

(HAMILTON, April 8, 2009) – Hamiltonians are being asked to show their support to bring Rock ‘N Roll Pioneers AC/DC to Copps Coliseum. To show your support for an AC/DC concert at Copps Coliseum visit www.hecfi.ca and click on the “Put AC/DC on the Highway to Hamilton” pop up. Through your votes this legendary band will be on the Highway to Hamilton making its stop at Copps Coliseum.

HECFI strives to bring the very best in entertainment to the City of Hamilton. Centrally located in the heart of the Southern Ontario, Copps Coliseum has become a regional centre for not only Hamilton, but all surrounding areas including Niagara, Kitchener, Waterloo and Guelph.

Hamilton Mayor Fred Eisenberger, The Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Y108 and many other media partners have expressed their support in bringing this concert to the City of Hamilton. HECFI CEO Duncan Gillespie said, “We have made a commitment to our patrons that HECFI will do everything it can to provide this experience for AC/DC fans right here at Copps Coliseum.”

AC/DC’s newest release, Black Ice is AC/DC's first new album in over eight years and its evident the band is still an incredible force in rock. Black Ice made history debuting at #1 on album charts in 29 countries and also has the distinction of being Columbia Records' biggest debut album (since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking sales data in 1991). Black Ice has been certified Multi Platinum in eight countries, including the US, Australia, Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Germany and the Czech Republic.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2009, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistleclub View Post
HECFI WANTS YOUR HELP TO PUT AC/DC ON THE “HIGHWAY TO HAMILTON”
In my 2+ years of working in the downtown area of Toronto (Adelaide & Spadina), never have I seen more people on the street and packing bars/restaurants at 5pm then the two AC/DC concerts.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2009, 9:17 PM
It's Hammer Time

I definitely would get tickets to AC/DC.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2009, 9:27 PM
It's Hammer Time

You wanted the best – you got the best: KISS, on tour. And Y108 is calling on the Kiss Army to bring Kiss to Hamilton!! The band has launched the first ever fan-routed tour, and we want KISS to rock the Hammer.

Y108’s petition.........
http://www.y108.ca/BringKissToHamilton.aspx

Old Posted Apr 9, 2009, 11:25 PM
Hammer'd

I know a few people who would be ecstatic if this one happened, and I'm sure they were first in line to sign that petition.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Apr 16, 2009, 3:19 PM
It's Hammer Time

American Idol tour is stopping at Hamilton instead of Toronto this year.....

8/14 - Hamilton, ON @ Copps Coliseum

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/160...16/story.jhtml

The only other Canadian tour is Vancouver.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2009, 3:27 PM

Hamilton is definitely going to benefit from ACC's renovations this summer. A lot more concerts will be booking the venue as a result.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2009, 6:37 PM

More Pollstar love: Hamilton Place was tops in the country for Q1 2009!

HAMILTON PLACE THEATRE RANKED WITHIN THE TOP 50 WORLDWIDE

(HAMILTON, April 20, 2009) – Hamilton Place has once again been ranked among the top 50 theatre venues in the world and number one in Canada according to a leading industry publication. Pollstar has posted first quarter ticket sales for tickets sold worldwide between January 1 and March 31, 2009. This is the second consecutive year that Hamilton Place Theatre breaks the top 100 high profile entertainment theatre venues globally.

Hamilton Place has hosted numerous high-profile acts this year such as Bill Cosby, Diana Krall, Johnny Reid, Trailer Park Boys and the new Broadway at Hamilton Place Series featuring stellar shows such as Cirque Dreams, Hairspray and Annie among others. Over 21,000 patrons have passed through Hamilton Place in the past three months. This represents an increasing trend at Hamilton Place, which has seen an average increase of 25% per year in the number of attendees.

HECFI CEO Duncan Gillespie said, “It is an honour to be recognized as one of the top 50 theatres in the world and especially gratifying to achieve the Number One ranking in Canada. Hamilton Place has become a central hub for entertainment in Southwestern Ontario as we see more patrons are choosing to come to Hamilton than ever before. Our team will continue to work hard to bring the very best entertainment to our patrons and we look forward to what will be an exciting year.”

Old Posted Apr 20, 2009, 9:28 PM
Hammer'd

Time for a renovation. The Art Gallery got one, City Hall is getting one. Lets get rid of all the damn bricks and throw in some glass and metal.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Apr 20, 2009, 10:45 PM
It's Hammer Time

I don't think Hamilton Place has any bricks. All cement facade I believe. Convention Centre definitely has bricks.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2009, 10:58 PM
Hammer'd

Yes, I was confusing the two since they're basically right beside each other. Either way I think both could use a renovation.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation