HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram
New York Projects & Construction Forum

View Full Map

Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 1:05 PM
Abiogenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
I suspect that the rent at the TWC would be higher than it would be at 2 WTC.
Do you think its the stigma of the whole WTC site due to its past? And I say this because I have heard of people refusing to even walk into 1 WTC for example due to the security nature.

Lets just say DB does choose TWC @ a higher rent, it kinda raises some questions on why. Given that tenants tend to prefer cheaper $/sqft.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 3:07 PM
In the long run...

I don't think so. Downtown, and the WTC in particular, is beautiful. I attribute this to Related, the HY, and Larry.

This will rise.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 11:58 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Do you think its the stigma of the whole WTC site due to its past? And I say this because I have heard of people refusing to even walk into 1 WTC for example due to the security nature.
Here we go with that again. There's no stigma. Of course there will be people who say they don't want to work there. Those same people wouldn't want to work up that high anywhere else. They tend to think of everything as a target, and are generally afraid of things. The other towers at the WTC site are drawing tenants. The WTC space has always and will continue to take time to fill. It's been proven, and the lesson was learned, which is why these towers were supposed to be staggered in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
I don't think so. Downtown, and the WTC in particular, is beautiful. I attribute this to Related, the HY, and Larry.

This will rise.
There are other office towers they could look at. There's the Spiral, 3 Hudson, Manhattan West, etc. They will either move into a new tower, or move into a "sort of" new tower. TWC isn't dated, it's just not currently top of the market space.

JANUARY 27, 2018

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Jan 28, 2018 at 5:24 AM.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 2:58 PM
In the long run...

Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that Larry gets DB.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction