HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Feb 6, 2018, 2:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskOttaLoo
Went to a Denver Saskatchewan game this weekend. Was my first time seeing a NLL game. Man, what a fun time! I really enjoyed how the game flows. It was previously unbelievable to me that Saskatoon and Denver could be in the same tier in any sport given their respective sizes, so that was fun to see. More of a surprise was to see that of the around 40 players across the two teams, only 2 were from the US (both from NY state). The rest were all from Canada and of those, all were from Ontario and BC except 2 from Alberta. Who knew how dominant Canadians are in lacrosse! I looked up the league and it's from Pennsylvania. Wonder why no one in Canada founded a lacrosse league first, given that it's a national sport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
The NLL needs to get its games on TV. I seem to recall they were on Sportsnet at one point?
you can live stream games at http://nlltv.com/

I think its more likely that Shaw would buy the rights to televise NLL lacrosse games, Kind of like how Shaw will televise games of the WHL hockey...the same league that has the Saskatoon Blades and the Seattle Thunderbirds...

Old Posted Feb 6, 2018, 2:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Never heard of an actual organized party to watch NFL games other than the Super Bowl. I guess it might exist somewhere with someone...
I mean the playoffs are a big thing with a lot of people watching and talking about it... not that there are playoff parties - although I know a few people who have get-togethers to watch the playoffs... but I'm sure that doesn't happen often.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2018, 6:48 PM

if anyone is a SC2 fan, canadian esports player Scarlett is currently killing it in Korea.

she won the Pyongchang tournament and is currently laying a beat down in the GSL which is the top Korean league.
"On the surface, the Parasite expects the doctor to heal them for free, the farmer to feed them out of charity. How little they differ from the pervert who prowls the streets, looking for a victim he can ravish for his grotesque amusement."

Old Posted Feb 11, 2018, 3:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post
I mean the playoffs are a big thing with a lot of people watching and talking about it... not that there are playoff parties - although I know a few people who have get-togethers to watch the playoffs... but I'm sure that doesn't happen often.
My brother is a huge Vikings fan and has people over to his man cave for every game. I'm sure there are hundreds, if not thousands of those gatherings going on every NFL Sunday across Canada.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada