HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Drawing Requests

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 4:16 PM
Detroit rebirth

Detroit monroe block residential tower

Anyone able to illustrate the proposed Monroe Block residential tower that is 26 floors in Detroit? Construction should begin this year.
Bedrock is the developer.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 9:09 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

While I think they might do site prep for both blocks this year, the residential tower is on the phase 2 block, and will probably be the last thing to start construction. It's certainly not going to start construction this year. In fact, they are past their deadline for even starting demolition to clear the site. I wrote them earlier this week, and the rep wouldn't tell me anything beyond that they plan to do demolition "this year."

All of these Bedrock projects aside from the renovations are still in very early phases. They haven't even been presented for site plan review or anything. I guess if anyone just felt the overarching need to do a drawing they could, but these might end up looking significantly different from what is actually approved by the planning department and such when they apply for building permits.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 4:25 PM
Detroit rebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich View Post
While I think they might do site prep for both blocks this year, the residential tower is on the phase 2 block, and will probably be the last thing to start construction. It's certainly not going to start construction this year. In fact, they are past their deadline for even starting demolition to clear the site. I wrote them earlier this week, and the rep wouldn't tell me anything beyond that they plan to do demolition "this year."

All of these Bedrock projects aside from the renovations are still in very early phases. They haven't even been presented for site plan review or anything. I guess if anyone just felt the overarching need to do a drawing they could, but these might end up looking significantly different from what is actually approved by the planning department and such when they apply for building permits.
Good info. Confident that this development is a go despite the delay. Reading Detroit Crains, a month or so ago, that demo work on fail jail is to make way for equipment that will support the Hudson's and Monroe Block. Demo was going at full speed today.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Drawing Requests