HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 2, 2015, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ire Narissis View Post
Reading that article with its mention of the former Target location reminded me of something -

Yesterday morning I was on that end of McAllister Place and I saw a group of people with clipboards walking around the former Target, pointing things out, making notes, and seemingly having a discussion.

Maybe some prospective developers or representatives from another chain considering the location?
THAT would be good news! That's a big space to fill - with Sobeys moving, Target gone and Sears on life support I think they really need another anchor store.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 1:34 AM
Unregistered Loser

Brunswick² Hours

WRT hours at Brunswick², i used to work at Radio Shack there many years ago (before The Source), and though we used to be open till 9 then T-F, there were practically no customers for those extra few hours, though once and a while, some of the people off the boats would come in at 8:55, and spend a huge amount of moolah.

So it would be nice to have the centre open daily 'till 9, but unless you find a way to get bodies into the mall, it'll likely never happen.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2016, 5:50 PM

Brunswick Square - Rogers and Peddlers Creek have closed, Hallmark is in the processing of closing. Blossoms has opened on the first lever, they sell fruit arrangements along with fresh food.

Edit: Wow, just heard that this place is closing too! I think it's only been open for just over a month. I'm not sure what the new owners of Brunswick Square are doing, but I don't think it's working.

Last edited by Echo64; Jan 12, 2016 at 7:10 PM. Reason: Store closing

Old Posted Jan 12, 2016, 6:57 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

Just so you know, you can strikethrough text by surrounding it with [s]text you want stricken[/s].

I bet it took forever to find each letter like that

Old Posted Jan 12, 2016, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
Just so you know, you can strikethrough text by surrounding it with [s]text you want stricken[/s].

I bet it took forever to find each letter like that
Haha thanks I didn't know that, I just copied it from Word. I'll know for next time though.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2016, 10:09 PM

http://www.slateam.com/portfolio/?reit=12

These are the new owners of Brunswick Square, for the record.

=B

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 1:03 AM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo64 View Post
Edit: Wow, just heard that this place is closing too! I think it's only been open for just over a month. I'm not sure what the new owners of Brunswick Square are doing, but I don't think it's working.
Is it the owners or the operators and franchisees? Rogers used to have locations all over and they're closing (Remember McAllister location prior to Shoppers?), Peddlers Creek...is in Rothesay as well, IIRC. Hallmark is a business that is slowly dying out, and it's inconceivable to me how a store can survive on small gifts and paper cards, and Blossoms is...Blossoms.

Brunswick Square seemed just as busy as ever on my last visit.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2016, 3:39 PM

I like Hallmark for their nice wrapping papers at Christmas and birthdays, but that's about it.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2016, 10:12 AM

Not huge news but the owner of Canadian Tire in east Saint John is leaving to take a store in Waterloo in February. Apparently the store is too large for him and he wanted a smaller store. He couldn't quite get a handle on managing the inventory for such a large store, among other things. The change over will take place late June since the new owner can't relocate until then.

Otherwise it's a slow time of year retail wise. Here's hoping all retailers survive winter.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2016, 11:28 PM

Home Hardware on the West Side is set to re-open later this month

From the TJ:
Quote:
"A soft opening is set for Feb. 25, which will be followed by a grand opening in May."

Old Posted Feb 17, 2016, 2:22 AM

Good news,and bad news....

Good news - The retrofitting of the former Target at McAllister Place has begun. Construction crews are in there working, and multiple dumpsters are on site for the dismantling.

Bad news re: Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory ;

To our dearest customers,

We regret to inform you that our location in McAllister Place will permanently closing as of Tuesday, February 23rd. We will be open regular business hours through to this date. You can continue to shop your favourite treats online at shop.rockychoc.com or by visiting the next closest location at Regent Mall.

It has been our pleasure to attend to your chocolate needs and we sincerely appreciate your time, consideration and patronage over the years. Should you have any questions or require further information please feel free to contact us toll free at 1-800-567-2207 or by email at info@rockychoc.com

Side Note - The new NB Liquor Flagship store, and Sobeys Extra store at East Point are coming along quite nicely! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2016, 2:18 AM

I understand that peddlars creek will be reopening in brunswick square. Apparently had to do with the fact that there was no ventilation and they had to bring in lot of the food. The mall is putting in proper ventilation now. I still think they need to market it better and possibly have a better price point for lunch after all it is a food court!

Old Posted Feb 21, 2016, 2:22 AM

I never understood the plan for blossoms. Is there really a market in Saint John for this type of product? They also were doing a lunch thing.....sandwiches etc.....I did check it out but very expensive and honestly not that appealing. I've said it before, I see people opening businesses here and their business plan appears to be crossed fingers and a prayer!

Old Posted Feb 21, 2016, 10:39 PM

Word on the street is that No Frills is going into the former Target location.

Any confirmation?

Old Posted Feb 22, 2016, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnEh View Post

Any confirmation?
That would be good. There is no discount grocery store on the east side that I'm aware of. Hope this is true. I also hear that GoodLife is moving up the hill to east pointe in 2017. Apparently near sobeys and the new liquor store.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnEh View Post

Any confirmation?
I heard that the former Target location is to be broken up into 3 or 4 smaller units, and the soon to be vacant Sobeys will become home to Winners/Homesense. According to the employees at Winners.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2016, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_d40 View Post
I heard that the former Target location is to be broken up into 3 or 4 smaller units, and the soon to be vacant Sobeys will become home to Winners/Homesense. According to the employees at Winners.
Wondering if it still could be a no frills location - that Target space is awfully big and 3 or four smaller spaces would be great! Surprised about Winners though - that would be a good draw for the mall.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2016, 3:24 PM

Yeah, No Frills would only need a fraction of the floorspace Target had. Hell, it'd only need a fraction of the floorspace Zellers had, before Target expanded the building. I could see No Frills going in there as one of several tenants in a subdivided space.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2016, 6:23 PM

Food court in Brunswick Square will expand. Some other tenants on the top floor will be moving to the main floor.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2016, 6:35 PM

I also seen the work going on at the former Target location. No Frills in the former Target would be a brilliant idea and breaking it down makes total sense.

Winners/HomeSense in the to be vacated Sobey's part of the mall is a surprise. I expected that to be vacant for awhile.

By having Winners relocating this would pave the way for a larger WalMart in the future??? (A true Super Walmart maybe?).

I live just up the hill in Forest Hills so I'm keenly watching East Point and McAllister area developments.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces