HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 1:04 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if we see some new allegations against Kinew bubble to the surface over the next couple years. I wouldn't be surprised if some invested individuals are hard at work trying to dig up some dirt right now. Politics is a dirty business.

All this talk had me wondering about our third option, the liberals. I had to look up the results of their election last fall to remind myself who won. I wonder if Lamont will make a bigger impression than Bokhari did?
The Conservatives and Liberals are perfectly happy Kinew is leader of the NDP, I mean really could you find a more flawed individual than Kinew leading any political party in Canada?

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 5:33 PM

must feel good to find an aboriginal person you can hate on publically.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
The Conservatives and Liberals are perfectly happy Kinew is leader of the NDP, I mean really could you find a more flawed individual than Kinew leading any political party in Canada?
Pallister.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 6:24 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacheguy View Post
must feel good to find an aboriginal person you can hate on publically.
Yeah it's all about hating on an aboriginal person and nothing more, let's all forget Kinew's past transgressions and forget they never happened right!

Had Pallister faced even one of the past transgressions that Wab had amassed do you really think he would be even be the PC party leader or premier for that matter?

It's not a race thing about Wab it's a character thing I have a problem with, nice try though!

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 7:21 PM

Pallister and Kinew are both off-putting in my books, and it's hard to believe that those two are the best that their parties could come up with.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 7:36 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Pallister and Kinew are both off-putting in my books, and it's hard to believe that those two are the best that their parties could come up with.
No argument here.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 7:50 PM

Quote:

It's not a race thing about Wab it's a character thing I have a problem with, nice try though!
Character?

I'd get it if you said you had a problem with him based on his criminal record, but character?

And you're okay with Pallister's character?

Since becoming an elected official, only one of the two:

Has made misogynistic, sexist comments on the record

Has made racist comments on the record

Has made it a habit to lie for no good reason about things that can easily be fact checked.

Character??!?!?!

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 8:05 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by StNorberter View Post
Character?

I'd get it if you said you had a problem with him based on his criminal record, but character?

Has made it a habit to lie for no good reason about things that can easily be fact checked.

Character??!?!?!
I have yet to hear of him beating any women or cab drivers yet. Have you?

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 8:15 PM

Character? Yes his character

I'd get it if you said you had a problem with him based on his criminal record, but character? His criminal record speaks to his character

And you're okay with Pallister's character? Pretty well, he seems to be doing what he said he would. Cut the deficit and improve health care.

Has made misogynistic, sexist comments on the record: He made a tongue and cheek comment that was latter forgiven after he appologized.

Has made racist comments on the record: I don't recall this, could you provide a source?

Has made it a habit to lie for no good reason about things that can easily be fact checked: Again when exactly did he lie in an egregious manner?

Character??!?!?! YeS, HiS ChArAcTeR

Last edited by dmacc; Feb 9, 2018 at 8:41 PM.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 8:21 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StNorberter View Post
Character?

Character??!?!?!

char·ac·ter
ˈkerəktər/Submit
noun

the mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual.
"running away was not in keeping with her character"
synonyms: personality, nature, disposition, temperament, temper, mentality, makeup; More

For dmacc:
http://blackrod.blogspot.ca/2017/09/...ab-kinews.html

Last edited by rrskylar; Feb 9, 2018 at 8:50 PM.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacc View Post
He made a tongue and cheek comment that was latter forgiven after he appologized.
Hardly tongue in cheek. Forgiven? By his party members of course.

Quote:
I don't recall this, could you provide a source?
He suggested that night hunting is igniting a race war

Quote:
Again when exactly did he lie in an egregious manner?
It's egregious simply because he is lying about things that there is no reason to lie about.

Where he was during the Hoop and Hollar breech

Anything to do with CR

His hiking mishap

He's made many more missteps in his time as an MLA than Wab Kinew has made during his time as MLA

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnorberter View Post
he's made many more missteps in his time as an mla than wab kinew has made during his time as mla
lol

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 10:12 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
flawed they all are

selinger left a hell of a mess in that party

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 10:54 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
selinger left a hell of a mess in that party
But within the the party he is held in very high regard.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2018, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
But within the the party he is held in very high regard.
Even with all the debt that he authorized with the route of Bi-Pole lll (I think it is)? Someone should have told him there's only 1.3 million people here and that's a lot of debt to absorb for that many people. Add to that, how many of that number actually work and pay taxes? Same stupid decisions were made in Nfld. I think I read today that they are in real danger of bankruptcy. Also a hydro thing and they only have half a million people living there. I was surprised that there were even that many people in Nfld.Who knew?

Old Posted Feb 10, 2018, 3:33 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA in Winnipeg View Post
Even with all the debt that he authorized with the route of Bi-Pole lll (I think it is)? Someone should have told him there's only 1.3 million people here and that's a lot of debt to absorb for that many people. Add to that, how many of that number actually work and pay taxes? Same stupid decisions were made in Nfld. I think I read today that they are in real danger of bankruptcy. Also a hydro thing and they only have half a million people living there. I was surprised that there were even that many people in Nfld.Who knew?
Manitoba is in the same boat as Nfld. Interest rates are rising, their credit rating could take another hit this spring. All we need is a couple of years of drought ...

Instead of pissing away all that money on Bipole and unneeded dams, it would have made more sense to invest in some thermal capacity.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2018, 3:55 PM
There is always a way

^Too bad no one thought of that 10 years ago. Well, they probably did but then realized they had no intention to act sensibly and decided to push forward anyways. "Hydro is gonna be our oil"............ yeah right.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2018, 4:44 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Doer said that, and it was sort of reasonable at the time. No one can predict what technology will bring, and the invention of hydraulic fracturing killed the electricity market.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2018, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Character? Yes his character

I'd get it if you said you had a problem with him based on his criminal record, but character? His criminal record speaks to his character

And you're okay with Pallister's character? Pretty well, he seems to be doing what he said he would. Cut the deficit and improve health care.

Has made misogynistic, sexist comments on the record: He made a tongue and cheek comment that was latter forgiven after he appologized.

Has made racist comments on the record: I don't recall this, could you provide a source?

Has made it a habit to lie for no good reason about things that can easily be fact checked: Again when exactly did he lie in an egregious manner?

Character??!?!?! YeS, HiS ChArAcTeR
How exactly has Pallister improved health care? If making cuts is your definition of improvements then I guess you’re right. But the shoe has not dropped yet on the impact of those cuts. Also, his general modus operandi in making cuts is flawed. Making a general rule that everyone must cut 15% off the top makes no sense. You evaluate performance and then make the cuts. For some organizations, a 6% cut might be the most effective, for another it might be 17%. The 15% idea comes from the Reform Party, where Pallister had his roots, it was a Presto Manning thing. It’s the most brain dead way of making decisions.
And come on, the lying? That’s common knowledge. The funniest one was when he told people he was at a family wedding out-of-province when he was really in Costa Rica.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2018, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
At least people know there names. How many people can name the leader of the Liberal Party.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan