HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 2:26 PM
the first stamp is free

^ I am only surprised the amount is so little - I am sure more money will be discovered.

It's just too bad we spent so much on his portrait at City Hall... I can't imagine it will be up there in ten years after this thing goes through the courts.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 3:01 PM

Oh the irony, corruption in the construction of the new Police headquarters. The Police are all up inside an illegal building construction. Oh must feel awesome for them..

Lay it to those scum suckers. What kind of jail will these guys do, if any? Probably in some white collar hoity toity prison. These guys better be trotted out in front of the public through the courts.

And the Lawyer, lol. Bending over backwards to make the optics look better. We'll see how she plays out.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 3:32 PM

Sadly, I highly doubt these guys will see any jail time. I would not be surprised if the entire case fell apart. It's very complicated and convoluted and the more time that passes makes a conviction less and less likely. What I find funny is that Tapper is admitting that a breach of ethics occurred. Remember how adamant Katz was that there was no conflict of interest or ethical breach in hiring his longtime friend and business partner? Now, Tapper is admitting that deals were continuing to be done between the two men before, during and after his hire at City Hall. What a sh*t show!

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 3:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Is anyone the least bit surprised by this new revelation?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...rcmp-1.3950228
Unbelievable, but not surprised. Katz and Sheegl were always just about lining their own pockets.

Even if Katz were convicted and all evidence was public and if he decided to run for mayor again roughly 30% of the population would still vote for him here proving some Winnipeg citizens are among the dumbest in Canada!

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 3:44 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic_City View Post
Sadly, I highly doubt these guys will see any jail time. I would not be surprised if the entire case fell apart. It's very complicated and convoluted and the more time that passes makes a conviction less and less likely. What I find funny is that Tapper is admitting that a breach of ethics occurred. Remember how adamant Katz was that there was no conflict of interest or ethical breach in hiring his longtime friend and business partner? Now, Tapper is admitting that deals were continuing to be done between the two men before, during and after his hire at City Hall. What a sh*t show!
What's really bothersome is that city council sat by clueless to it all as Katz and Sheegl ran the city just like in a corrupt third world dictatorship and got away with it!

Wonder what else they got away with?

Last edited by rrskylar; Jan 26, 2017 at 3:54 PM.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
^ I am only surprised the amount is so little - I am sure more money will be discovered.

It's just too bad we spent so much on his portrait at City Hall... I can't imagine it will be up there in ten years after this thing goes through the courts.
Definitely more. Down the street a 26 story high rise just opened that cost approximately 80 million to build yet purchasing an existing building and renovating just the warehouse part added up to 214 million. It doesn't add up.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 3:58 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA in Winnipeg View Post
Definitely more. Down the street a 26 story high rise just opened that cost approximately 80 million to build yet purchasing an existing building and renovating just the warehouse part added up to 214 million. It doesn't add up.
Remember when Katz and Sheegl were floating the idea to sell land in Assiniboine Park so someone could build condo's, incredibly there were actually city councillors in favour and even some in here thought that it was a swell idea. Wonder what that kickback would have netted those involved?

Last edited by rrskylar; Jan 26, 2017 at 5:01 PM.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 4:11 PM

The lawyer almost seems to be admitting to just about everything but essentially says "so what?". "Everyone knew they were doing these deals" so I guess its everyone else's fault.

If they actually arrest Sammy, I will

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 4:12 PM

Ya I doubt they'll see any time. This needs to go to trial and have these slithering snakes squirm on the stand. High press coverage with national attention. All that stuff. Public shaming is a good first step.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 8:02 PM

I still remain concerned that Bowman seemed to have a similar circle of friends, but different than the group Katz was with. One of my concerns back in the election was the city was potentially trading the Katz group for a similar group. No real signs of any direct wrongdoing yet but definitely need more people keeping eyes open and asking hard questions.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 8:51 PM

An e-mail mentioned 126 for the building which would include 2+2 for the intangibles.
So no it wasn't going cheap.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 8:56 PM

I thought Katz was done when it came to light that Shindleman's sister bought him a mansion in Phoenix...

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertocarlos View Post
An e-mail mentioned 126 for the building which would include 2+2 for the intangibles.
So no it wasn't going cheap.
That line jumped out at me too. At first I thought it meant $2 million for Phil and $2 million for Sammy...

Old Posted Jan 26, 2017, 10:45 PM

What does it mean? I didn't read the entire article.

2 + 2 to me means two seats in the front, two seats in the back.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2017, 11:46 AM

it gets better. Headline from CBC news

Arson call leads police to stumble upon charred construction documents in Caspian warehouse

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...951774?cmp=rss

Old Posted Jan 27, 2017, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post

Arson call leads police to stumble upon charred construction documents in Caspian warehouse

It's like the backstory to a really sub-par John Grisham novel.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2017, 2:43 PM

Quote:

As I've said before, this is why you can't compare Winnipeg's construction costs to anywhere else in Canada except for Montreal.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2017, 2:59 PM
Ignore these four words.

Quote:

Holy Shit!!!

Old Posted Jan 27, 2017, 3:05 PM

Haha Pam Anderson. This, indeed, has the making of a Hollywood movie.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2017, 3:44 PM

Considering many of the top players in the Police Headquarters had similar roles on the new stadium it seems there could be more to come still...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan