HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 12:33 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
Do any provinces ever still do complete replacements of all plates? Ontario hasn’t done that since 1973. It used to be that everyone got new plates every year.
On January 1st, no less.

Those older plates, btw, sometimes the annual sticker section is nearly an inch thick. It's quite the thing to see when you look at a 20 year old plate that was just taken off a car. They're like a tumour. I suppose you could take them off but it's faster to just put the new on one top of the old one, forever.

I guess some day they'll retire all the pre-1996 six digit serial plates, but who knows when that will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le calmar View Post
So there is a problem with Ontario's plates after all. I noticed many of them are either peeling or fading, which we rarely see in other provinces.
The company that makes them, which if I recall correctly is based in Nova Scotia, made a bad batch for like 6 years, so most of the B series of Ontario plates is fucked. It's cost the government tens of millions to replace them all.

Not only does Ontario have dozens (literally dozens, I think last time I counted it was 72?) different vanity plates, but different kinds of vehicles get different coloured plates. There are over 100 different license plates on the road in Ontario, but most are minor variations of each other and the vast majority are the 7 serial blue and white passenger car plates or black and white commercial vehicle/pickup truck plates.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 3:29 AM

In Ontario, you can keep and eat any roadkill you find (except for endangered species). So if you wondering why you never saw old Jigger again, dead or alive...

Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 3:35 AM
I am a typical

fuck's old jigger?

Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 3:37 AM

The neighbor's dog.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2019, 3:49 AM
I am a typical

o

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada