HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Jul 30, 2008, 3:05 PM
I'm just joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireicedog View Post
Since we're on the Starbucks topic, noticed one will be opening up inside rideau centre where there used to be a cafe supreme I think, just inside the sussex/rideau entrance. This will be the second one in the mall and the third counting the one inside chapters across the street.
I think you are thinking of the Second Cup in the Rideau Centre near the Sears store. My friend used to work at the cafe Supreme and thought it was senseless. I'm sure the new Starbucks in the Mall will close just as soon as it opens.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2008, 5:06 PM

Anyone got news about new stores coming to town? I want a Diesel, A&F, H&M, Zara, sigh...

I read in A&F expansion plan, they were planning for Ottawa and Vancouver, but nothing since.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2008, 2:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathgrith View Post
I think you are thinking of the Second Cup in the Rideau Centre near the Sears store. My friend used to work at the cafe Supreme and thought it was senseless. I'm sure the new Starbucks in the Mall will close just as soon as it opens.
There is a starbucks inside of sears, fifth floor. Maybe it's gone now, haven't been up there in a few years. Really amazed at how many has been popping up in recent years. Not only downtown; recently on the bestbuy parking lot on coventry, preston street and the stripmall on carling and woodroffe come to mind.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2008, 1:11 PM
Mooderator

My wife wants an H&M in Ottawa so much she actually called them to see if they were opening a location any time soon... they said they weren't.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2008, 10:36 PM
I'm just joking.

I liked going to Tristan and America, but all the guys stores have close in Ottawa so now I have to go to Montreal to buy them

Old Posted Jul 31, 2008, 10:42 PM
I'm just joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_jeffrey View Post
Anyone got news about new stores coming to town? I want a Diesel, A&F, H&M, Zara, sigh...

I read in A&F expansion plan, they were planning for Ottawa and Vancouver, but nothing since.
I seriously do not want a Aberzombie opening up here. Its bad enough the UofO and high Schools are filling up with humans wearing clothing they bought because they thought they would have hot bodies and 8 back abs.

Its just so shallow, I mean I could rant but I would rather have Urbandictionary do that for me:

Quote:
Aberzombie, Noun: a person who dresses as if they are a walking mannequin for Abercrombie & Fitch. Known as mostly white males, who travel in packs of 3 or more, who act all cool, talk about girls loudly while walking through the mall, and act more masculine than what they really are.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2008, 12:13 AM

Quote:
I seriously do not want a Aberzombie opening up here. Its bad enough the UofO and high Schools are filling up with humans wearing clothing they bought because they thought they would have hot bodies and 8 back abs.

Its just so shallow, I mean I could rant but I would rather have Urbandictionary do that for me:
Awwwwwwwww, someone didn't get his pefect body yet? I just like their shirts, they're cheap and they last a long time. I sure could ask for a D&G, Armani ect, but people in Ottawa think that Gap is haute couture . I still wouldn't pay 300$ for D&G's Andy Wharhol's campbell soup ad t-shirt.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2008, 2:58 AM

I'm no longer a teenager so A&F doesn't quite interest me the way it used to when I was fifteen. I'd like to see a Zara or an H&M or maybe, and this might be crazy talk, an Urban Outfitters. Baby steps.

Last edited by aesthetic; Aug 17, 2008 at 10:32 PM.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2008, 1:43 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
I liked going to Tristan and America, but all the guys stores have close in Ottawa so now I have to go to Montreal to buy them
Don’t know about the Rideau Centre and Place d’Orléans locations but Tristan & America certainly still has a location at Les Galeries de Hull. My wife spent a ton of money there about two weeks ago!

Old Posted Aug 1, 2008, 10:12 PM
I'm just joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_jeffrey View Post
Awwwwwwwww, someone didn't get his pefect body yet?
Not yet, but I'm working on it... However this is one reason why I think A&F is the cornerstone of douchebaggary:

Video Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Don’t know about the Rideau Centre and Place d’Orléans locations but Tristan & America certainly still has a location at Les Galeries de Hull. My wife spent a ton of money there about two weeks ago!
They closed the Rideau Centre store and the rest in Ottawa are only the women's version I think. I'm not in ottawa right now so I don't know. Mais avec mon elementaire francais, je pense je vais a Gatineau pour Tristan & America.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2008, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Not yet, but I'm working on it... However this is one reason why I think A&F is the cornerstone of douchebaggary:

LOL, if there's anything, guys should work out their body a bit more. I really enjoyed the video, but for the complete opposite reason! Have you ever gone to high end fashion stores? Some of them you can't even enter with jeans, and many of them have real models in their windows.

Sorry about that, but I manage models and present fashion shows as a part time job, so it's a field that I'm quite knowledgeable. It's a strict world, and while many of you would call the guys douchebags, it's quite difficult to achieve that level of physical shape. Unfortunately, it usually comes with the attitude, and I'm there to burst their bubbles. Teenage girls are the best to screem at, because I'm an expert with princess dealing.

And yes, I'm the biggest jerk to work with, not because I'm not fun, but it seems I'm demanding to no end.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2008, 9:29 PM
I'm just joking.

^^^ I'm just about to finish university I might need you expertise in finding the right clothing to wear for jobs. As for A&F I just hate seeing people walk around (even in my home hicktown of Haliburton) wearing A&F and Hollister so proudly. That being said, I tend to shun wearing brands on my chest. And yes, I work out. Hockey, Kayaking, running, and mountain biking tend to force me to work out.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2008, 6:47 PM
National Capital Region

Old Posted Aug 8, 2008, 6:50 PM
National Capital Region

News Story Loeb's out, Metro's in
By Ottawa Business Journal Staff
Thu, Aug 7, 2008 4:00 PM EST

Eighteen Loeb stores in Ottawa will soon have a new moniker, according to their parent company, Metro Inc.

The Montreal-based grocery giant, which also owns other brands such as Dominion and A&P, announced Thursday it plans to spend $200 million to consolidate five store names in Ontario under its Metro brand name.

The handle has 47 years of history behind it, although up until now it has been exclusively in Quebec.

The move will make Metro the most populous grocery name in Canada, experts say. The company owns 376 outlets in Quebec and Ontario.

Aside from the 18 Loeb stores in Ottawa, several in outlying communities such as Casselman, Brockville, Perth, Cornwall and Renfrew will also undergo the name change.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2008, 5:34 PM
Elle est déjà vide!

I remember some talk a few weeks ago about the number of Shoppers drug Marts in the downtown core... well, one of them (the new outlet at World Exchange Plaza) is in fact a relocation. I just found out today, they are moving the store at 100 Metcalfe to WEP on Sept. 4th.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2008, 4:47 PM
National Capital Region

Bayshore is getting an expansion

http://app01.ottawa.ca/postingplans/...appId=__6B14NG

the traffic study has more details

a new 175,000 sq ft retail addition and a new parking structure will be built (with an old one being torn down)... there will also be a lot of renovation and rehabilitation.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2008, 7:10 PM
Busy Beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterloowarrior View Post
Bayshore is getting an expansion

http://app01.ottawa.ca/postingplans/...appId=__6B14NG

the traffic study has more details

a new 175,000 sq ft retail addition and a new parking structure will be built (with an old one being torn down)... there will also be a lot of renovation and rehabilitation.
Building a 700-car parking garage next to the Transitway station and an eastern addition is a bit back-asswards. If I were them I would relocate the HBC to the east end of the mall and then build a western addition that incorporates the Transitway directly onto the mall much like St-Laurent and Billlings Bridge do.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2008, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchissippi View Post
Building a 700-car parking garage next to the Transitway station and an eastern addition is a bit back-asswards. If I were them I would relocate the HBC to the east end of the mall and then build a western addition that incorporates the Transitway directly onto the mall much like St-Laurent and Billlings Bridge do.
I went out to Bayshore on the bus once. Only time I have ever been there and have never seen such a screwy design in my life....

Old Posted Oct 9, 2008, 6:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_speed3108 View Post
I went out to Bayshore on the bus once. Only time I have ever been there and have never seen such a screwy design in my life....
Didn't Bayshore start out as 1 floor and then it went to 2 and then 3. IIRC the transit area on the west side wasn't there from the beginning. Somtimes, when you try and shoehorn in things after the initial construction it gets difficult to make if work efficiently.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2008, 4:35 AM

Bayshore is expanding??? Really??? Possibly to accommodate a Zara or H&M??

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Business, Politics & the Economy