HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Feb 13, 2019, 9:11 PM

So on Recipe Unlimited's franchising website, it lists a franchise opportunity for a Kelseys in both Saint John and Fredericton.
Wonder where they will be located, if they get a franchise in both cities?

Source: https://www.recipefranchising.com/op...s/?opt=kelseys

(Recipe Unlimited also owns: Montana’s, Swiss Chalet, East Side Mario’s, Harvey’s, Milestones, New York Fries, and Fionn MacCool’s).

Old Posted Feb 13, 2019, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyAm00394 View Post
So on Recipe Unlimited's franchising website, it lists a franchise opportunity for a Kelseys in both Saint John and Fredericton.
Wonder where they will be located, if they get a franchise in both cities?

Source: https://www.recipefranchising.com/op...s/?opt=kelseys

(Recipe Unlimited also owns: Montana’s, Swiss Chalet, East Side Mario’s, Harvey’s, Milestones, New York Fries, and Fionn MacCool’s).
They put their Moncton location in a strip mall type spot, if I remember correctly? Any of those in Saint John available big enough to house a restaurant that are already constructed?

There is a nice piece of land on Fairville Blvd that used to house the AQ and is currently sitting idle, with the exception of a mobile car wash. Close to the highway and would give the West Side a better restaurant option than Jungle Jims or the Coffee Mill. I think it used to be for sale - not sure if it still is?

Old Posted Feb 19, 2019, 7:25 PM

Payless ShoeSource is closing all of it's Canadian stores by May, 2019.

(This means the one in McAllister Place will be closing for good, soon).

https://business.financialpost.com/n...ped-for-market

................................................................................................................................................................................

Also in other news, Pur & Simple posted the following picture on their Facebook.

(And according to an Huddle Today article that was published today, they were supposed to be open this month but delays pushed the opening to May).

I can't wait for them to open here in Saint John. I heard lots of good things about their food.

Last edited by DyAm00394; Feb 19, 2019 at 8:03 PM.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2019, 2:23 AM

Old Posted Feb 22, 2019, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnguys View Post
I recommended Moon Mist

Old Posted Feb 28, 2019, 11:59 AM

Construction has begun on the former Sears at McAllister Place

(I found these pictures on Facebook)

UPDATE - Mar.4th, 2019

The Telegraph Journal published an article about this project: https://www.telegraphjournal.com/gre...urce=story-top
( If you don't have a subscription with them, you can view the aritcle here: https://outline.com/naJ5Ax )

Quote:
McAllister Place has begun a 12 to 24 month, multimillion-dollar demolition and reconstruction project of the former Sears department store space. Tanya McCluskey-Kelly, marketing manager for the mall, said Tuesday the project will see the square footage of the space decreased by about a third. "The rebuild will offer approximately 100,000 square feet of new construction accommodating a number of large format retailers," she said. The former Sears was approximately 132,000 square feet. Based on the type of tenants the mall is looking to bring in, which McCluskey-Kelly describes as "fitting in well with our current tenant mix," she said they didn't feel they needed all the space that was there before. "What our shoppers are seeing is that the back side of Sears is being demolished at the moment," she said. "But not all of Sears is being torn down, just the back side." After demolition is complete, she said the landlord will begin to rebuild. When asked how much it will cost, McCluskey-Kelly said it would be in the "millions." "We've been seeing that people on Facebook and social media have been saying, 'oh no, the whole building is coming down,'" she said. "But that's not what is happening." McCluskey-Kelly said the new space is expected to house multiple retailers, but it's too early to announce what retailers, or how many. She said the leasing team is currently negotiating final agreements. The 12 to 24 month timeline incorporates both the time needed for the landlord to rebuild, and for the retailers to build their stores. The build will also include a common area with interior access to the new retailers, and a new exterior of the building that will "consist of a modern and innovative design." The space, occupied by Sears since 1989, was vacated in 2017 after the department store chain claimed bankruptcy. The announcement left McAllister Place, and malls across Canada, without one of its anchor tenants. That came after the departure of Target and Sobeys, two other anchor tenants at McAllister Place whose spaces have since been occupied. The former Target location was filled by H&M, Party City, Dollarama, a guest services centre and a Good Life Fitness, and the former Sobeys location was taken over by Marshalls. "Obviously you don't want to be in situations where you have to see tenants leave," said McCluskey-Kelly. "But it also opens up a lot of exciting opportunities."

Last edited by DyAm00394; Mar 5, 2019 at 11:08 PM.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2019, 10:00 PM

More like destruction... what are they doing that requires tearing that much of the building out? Will it become an expanse of parking?

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ire Narissis View Post
More like destruction... what are they doing that requires tearing that much of the building out? Will it become an expanse of parking?

Just updated the above post to include an Telegraph Journal article that was published today. Apparently, it's a 12-24 month multimillion-dollar demolition and reconstruction project. The space will be smaller (100,000 sq.ft) instead of the original size of 132,000 sq.ft. And the build will house a number of large format retailers. Also it will include a common area with interior access to the new retailers, and a new exterior of the building that will "consist of a modern and innovative design."

Old Posted Apr 27, 2019, 5:51 PM

(The pictures are from Retail Talk and Share NB)

Construction status of McAllister Place's expansion into the former Sears.

Also, the construction status of Winners' new store (in the former HomeSense) at Smart Center.

Last edited by DyAm00394; Apr 27, 2019 at 6:03 PM.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2019, 7:32 PM

From Pur & Simple's Facebook page:

Quote:
SAINT JOHN are you ready for an explosion of #flavour coming to your community? That’s right, Pür&Simple is coming to our 3rd NEW BRUNSWICK location one month from today! Get your taste buds ready for #breakfast! | SAINT JOHN, êtes-vous prêts pour l’arrivée d’une explosion de saveur dans votre communauté? Eh oui, Pür&Simple inaugurera son troisième restaurant au NOUVEAU-BRUNSWICK dans un mois! Préparez vos papilles!
#franchising #business #work #time #smallbusiness #success #support #newbusiness #ka_smm

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 1:36 AM

I wonder where it's going to go. East Point, probably?

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally they were planning on going in that small 5 store strip mall building in the shared parking lot with Best Buy and Walmart. Where the EB Games and CIBC stores are.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB_ExistsToo View Post
Originally they were planning on going in that small 5 store strip mall building in the shared parking lot with Best Buy and Walmart. Where the EB Games and CIBC stores are.

Yes, like NB_ExistsToo said, they are opening at 70 Consumers Drive (in the unit between Pizza Delight and the new Sherwin Williams Paint Store).

I can't wait for them to be open. I heard lots of good things about their food.

Old Posted May 4, 2019, 8:15 PM

Treats in City Hall has closed.

I just discovered that Treats, in the City Hall shops, have closed and all of their fixtures are for sale. Sorry to see them leave.

Old Posted May 6, 2019, 9:44 PM

I noticed that McAllister Place posted this in the events section on their website: https://mcallisterplace.ca/events

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 1:39 AM
New Brunswick Urbanite

A building permit application has been submitted to construct a new Dollarama store at 600 Somerset Street, on the former landscaping company property next to the Superstore/ANBL development.

Source - Watch Us Grow App

“Forget the damned motor car and build the cities for lovers and friends.” –Lewis Mumford

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fischbob View Post
A building permit application has been submitted to construct a new Dollarama store at 600 Somerset Street, on the former landscaping company property next to the Superstore/ANBL development.

Wow, really. It will be interesting having one there. (It will be nice for me, since I live nearby. Currently the one at Lansdowne is closest to me).

When I stopped by the Superstore yesterday evening, I noticed that little building that was there is gone and a bunch of construction vehicles were sitting there.
I wondered what was going there, but now I know.

Old Posted May 13, 2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fischbob View Post

They've almost completely cleared out the area too (they're been clearing out for 2-3 months now).

I'll take a photo if I remember next time I drive by

Old Posted May 15, 2019, 12:42 PM

In an Huddle Today article about Copper Branch's first Atlantic Canada location (located in Dieppe),
they mention plans of opening an location in Halifax, Fredericton, Saint John, and St. John’s in the coming months.

(I wonder where they will be located here in Saint John?)

Link to the article: https://huddle.today/a-look-inside-c...9pDTiduf6TLTEM

Link to Copper Branch's website: https://eatcopperbranch.com/

Old Posted May 21, 2019, 11:36 AM

Pur & Simple is now open!

They're located at 70 Consumers Drive.
(In the space between Pizza Delight and Sherwin Williams paint store).

They are open Monday-Sunday: 7am-3pm

Their website: https://pursimple.com
Their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pursimplefranchises/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces