HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining

Old Posted Apr 10, 2010, 3:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad Yablonski View Post
I here people drive from Vancouver or Chilliwack just to pick up a few large pizzas. Something about the owner making his own mozzarella using fresh cows milk turns me off though.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2010, 3:55 AM

the big olive is another place i remember being good its right on 104 ave across from the wash world

Old Posted Apr 10, 2010, 4:24 AM
loafing in lotusland

If you're out in Chilliwack... Billy Bob's Beef Jerky is amazing. Hard to find in Vancouver, but the guy makes it in Chilliwack.

Used to go out there once every few months to get some.

Chilliwack Airport has some pretty famous Apple pie. Pilots would fly in just to have some of it, apparently.

I concur for Canyon's in Hope.

A friend told me Jacksons Steak & Grill House around Cultus Lake is pretty good as well.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2010, 9:55 AM
Glorfied Overrated Guest

I used to eat at Homer's in Chilliwack a lot. Its nothing spectacular, but not a bad place to go.

Otherwise, the best is this pizza joint up at Cultus Lake, Beethoven's I think its called. Great pizza!

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2010, 4:30 AM

Second that for jackson's, good feed...

Tasty n' nice resto across from gateway is good jamaican food little bit pricy but good for dinner

Old Posted Jun 3, 2010, 3:54 PM

recent eats: full moon thai food...really good food but dingy interior

cucco manila....nice restaurant on 135 with some interesting food....squid is yummy

Old Posted Jul 22, 2010, 3:20 PM

Went to Giraffe in White Rock a few weeks ago. A really nice place. I would have to say the pear salad was one of the best and unique salads I had in Vancouver.

But watch your parking meter and White Rock Parking enforcement! They check aggressively...

Old Posted Aug 16, 2010, 8:57 PM
(daka_x)

Some good places I know in the Valley:
- Venice Pizza (on the Whalley Ring Road) - My family knows the owners and they serve pretty good food. The restaurant ambience is quite nice as well. This is also a popular business-meeting site for business-goers and realtors.
- Mazazu Crepe (Aberdeen Centre food court) - I will never eat another good dessert crepe again. I highly reccomend you visit this crepe shop in a corner of the food court on your next visit to Aberdeen Centre.
- Richmond Summer Night Market - Not exactly a restaurant but yeah, night market pretty much explains everything here :p Hurricane potatoes, wheel cakes, mini doughnuts, egg rolls, nothing but pure deliciousness here.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2010, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
Some good places I know in the Valley:
- Venice Pizza (on the Whalley Ring Road) - My family knows the owners and they serve pretty good food. The restaurant ambience is quite nice as well. This is also a popular business-meeting site for business-goers and realtors.
- Mazazu Crepe (Aberdeen Centre food court) - I will never eat another good dessert crepe again. I highly reccomend you visit this crepe shop in a corner of the food court on your next visit to Aberdeen Centre.
- Richmond Summer Night Market - Not exactly a restaurant but yeah, night market pretty much explains everything here :p Hurricane potatoes, wheel cakes, mini doughnuts, egg rolls, nothing but pure deliciousness here.
Can we determine what the Valley consists of?

I always thought it refered strictly to Abbotsford, Mission, Agassiz, Harrision, Chilliwack?

I thought Metro Vancouver wasn't really considered the Valley.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2010, 10:43 PM
Site 8 Lives

Favourite Valley restaurant? Round-Up Cafe in the heart of Whalley. Awesome place. Worth the trip from north of the Fraser River.

Just be careful not to park (or walk) in the blocks behind it.

Does Tsawassen count? Mario's Kitchen is quite good.

By the way, can any forumers recommend authentic and good sushi in Tsawassen (and if not, how about Ladner?)

Old Posted Aug 16, 2010, 10:47 PM
(daka_x)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
Can we determine what the Valley consists of?

I always thought it refered strictly to Abbotsford, Mission, Agassiz, Harrision, Chilliwack?

I thought Metro Vancouver wasn't really considered the Valley.
Metro Vancouver technically is in the actual Valley, so I consider it a part of the Valley. Also, there doesn't appear to be a similar thread for the metro Vancouver area anyway so I just posted here.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2010, 12:03 AM

I would not consider most of Metro Vancouver as the "Valley" as it simply is not in a valley. I would describe the geography as more of a delta. When you get to about Surrey it becomes a little more debatable.

I would reason that the Valley can describe anything from Langley/Pitt Meadows out to Hope, but definitely NOT Richmond or Vancouver. Never have I heard those two cities described as a valley.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2010, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii View Post
I would not consider most of Metro Vancouver as the "Valley" as it simply is not in a valley. I would describe the geography as more of a delta. When you get to about Surrey it becomes a little more debatable.

I would reason that the Valley can describe anything from Langley/Pitt Meadows out to Hope, but definitely NOT Richmond or Vancouver. Never have I heard those two cities described as a valley.
I've always assumed Abbotsford & Mission were the start of the Valley, and it extended into Chilliwack and Agassiz. Not much past there until you get to Hope.

Anything in Metro Vancouver I would simply call the Lower Mainland, and the Fraser Valley starts right where Metro Vancouver ends (Langley/Abbotsford, Mission/Maple Ridge borders)

BTW. Thinking of taking the lady out somewhere special tonight, somewhere in either Abbotsford or Chilliwack - something new, different. Any suggestions?

Old Posted Aug 26, 2010, 4:08 PM

I was going to recommend Paliotti's on Essendene Ave in Abbotsford, I've been there before the food is really really good, the service isn't as bad as the Google reviews state but not outstanding either.

If you feel like Greek and don't mind trekking 12 minutes north to Mission, Eleni's on 1st Ave is excellent, good food, good service.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2010, 4:12 PM
loafing in lotusland

Fraser Valley Regional District = Aldergrove-ish East to Hope
Greater Vancouver Regional District (Metro Vancouver) = West Vancouver to Langley-Aldergrove

Lower Mainland is the entire lower western part of BC's Mainland. Lion's Bay to Hope. From the Ocean to the Canyon.

This common designation is quite apparent to anyone who has ever watched a weather forecast on the television.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2010, 6:06 AM
(daka_x)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoNeurons View Post
Fraser Valley Regional District = Aldergrove-ish East to Hope
Greater Vancouver Regional District (Metro Vancouver) = West Vancouver to Langley-Aldergrove

Lower Mainland is the entire lower western part of BC's Mainland. Lion's Bay to Hope. From the Ocean to the Canyon.

This common designation is quite apparent to anyone who has ever watched a weather forecast on the television.
Considering this then, are there any restaurants from the small towns, etc. on the Route 7 (other than Mission) that people have considered posting here? I mean, my suggestion is a bit general, but the Chester's in Deroche is pretty decent--

Old Posted Feb 17, 2011, 3:57 AM

New restaurant "Nahm Thai Bistro" opening in new building in surrey central, behind Seven Eleven. Looks nice!

Tried a new resto in new west "Mango Bangos" nice place! A mongolian grill, 12 bucks all you can eat. Nice interior and a small bar to watch a big screen. Good bang for buck

Old Posted Apr 23, 2013, 3:58 PM

Anything new to reccomend in the valley?

Sushi and roll opened on kgb near 102 ave,

that pho resto at kgb and 102 looks super busy, anyone try it?

Anyword on new chain restaurants coming to central surrey? Park Avenue has lots of retail available and would be a prime spot

I am surprised no cactus club in guildford or central surrey yet

Old Posted Apr 23, 2013, 7:18 PM

I will recommend Sushi Zen on 108 in the IGA complex. And Texx Big Burger.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining