HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 19, 2011, 2:51 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

I hope its a goer...there's a lot going down in Nashville right now and a whole lot more about to go down.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2011, 2:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
I hope its a goer...there's a lot going down in Nashville right now and a whole lot more about to go down.
Do you know something we don't ?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2011, 3:10 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Do you know something we don't ?
Haha...nothing that I haven't heard from futuresooner or on other boards...I'm no insider. Lol

Old Posted Sep 19, 2011, 8:12 PM

Waller makes their decision, staying put

Well, I wonder if this puts the rumors to rest of the WES getting built as Waller has decided to stay put at the Nashville City Center. A parking garage will be added to the NCC on property that was originally going to be NCC 2.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...xt|FRONTPAGE|s

"Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP, has signed a letter of intent to renew its 159,000-square-foot, nine-floor lease within the Nashville City Center, the downtown business tower at 511 Union St.

As part of the new 15-year lease, a multi-level parking garage will be added to the Class A office complex by Parmenter Realty Partners, the Florida real estate company that owns the property.

“We decided to renew our lease in the City Center after thoroughly assessing our options, even considering a move to the planned The West End Summit,” said Tishler."

Old Posted Sep 19, 2011, 9:22 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
Well, I wonder if this puts the rumors to rest of the WES getting built as Waller has decided to stay put at the Nashville City Center. A parking garage will be added to the NCC on property that was originally going to be NCC 2.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...xt|FRONTPAGE|s

"Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP, has signed a letter of intent to renew its 159,000-square-foot, nine-floor lease within the Nashville City Center, the downtown business tower at 511 Union St.

As part of the new 15-year lease, a multi-level parking garage will be added to the Class A office complex by Parmenter Realty Partners, the Florida real estate company that owns the property.

“We decided to renew our lease in the City Center after thoroughly assessing our options, even considering a move to the planned The West End Summit,” said Tishler."
This certainly doesn't help WES, but I wouldn't say that it would necessarily put it to rest. Although WES is a little bit away from the MCC, the new hotel rooms are still needed and if Palmer can provide affordable apartments along with condos and commercial space, WES could still happen.

I'm thinking that he is gonna try to beat Eakin and some of the other proposed towers in the Gulch out of the ground to persuade buyers.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2011, 10:40 PM

Funny, on UP they're were saying that there is activity on the site.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2011, 11:36 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Yeah, I've been reading that over there too...who knows right now, but activity on the site is a plus.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 1:13 AM
Future God

Quote:
I follow the Nashville development thread on skyscrapercity as they usually seem to have the scoop on what's up, and some of them were saying that the site was just being used temporarily as a staging area for construction work on some new water manes down the street. I hope that's not true.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 3:52 AM

If I were a betting man, I wouldn't doubt that the new NCC garage could be built to specs to allow for vertical development on top in the future. It would be a very, very smart decision for Parmenter to do as the site is right smack near the epicenter of downtown, which is 4th Ave North & Church St. and is an active area of retail and residential that started nearly across the street with The Cumberland in 1998.

I hope that WES is going to get going, it'd be smart for Palmer to pull the trigger and try to see just how much he can bring in because the site is at a very strategic location, where Broadway splits into West End Avenue.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 4:17 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
If I were a betting man, I wouldn't doubt that the new NCC garage could be built to specs to allow for vertical development on top in the future. It would be a very, very smart decision for Parmenter to do as the site is right smack near the epicenter of downtown, which is 4th Ave North & Church St. and is an active area of retail and residential that started nearly across the street with The Cumberland in 1998.

I hope that WES is going to get going, it'd be smart for Palmer to pull the trigger and try to see just how much he can bring in because the site is at a very strategic location, where Broadway splits into West End Avenue.
Exactly what I'm thinking about WES. I think Palmer will go ahead and start construction to see what other investors he can get on board...much like he did last time, I just hope this time it actually works, and with the MCC he might be successful.

Any other news on the 300 unit 23 story tower in the Gulch. I read the article, but has a website been launched? Any renderings?

Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 4:35 PM

Vanderbilt replacing outdated Kissam Quad

This will be a very nice addition to the main drag of Midtown, West End Avenue. The current Kissam Quad dates back to the 50s-60s and is pretty much an eyesore at the corner of 21st Ave and West End. Ground breaking is scheduled for next May at a price of $115 million and completion in 2014.

http://news.vanderbilt.edu/2011/05/v...college-halls/

Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 6:32 PM

On another note concerning the Omni Hotel, the first tower crane base has been installed behind the Country Music Hall of Fame, directly beside 4th Ave South. I'm betting another will be installed across the site on the south end against 5th Ave South.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 6:35 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
On another note concerning the Omni Hotel, the first tower crane base has been installed behind the Country Music Hall of Fame, directly beside 4th Ave South. I'm betting another will be installed across the site on the south end against 5th Ave South.
Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing this thing come into form. Any idea on how close they are to pouring the foundation?

Old Posted Sep 20, 2011, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing this thing come into form. Any idea on how close they are to pouring the foundation?
I think it may be as soon as the end of the month but I don't know for certain. Looks like excavation is just about or is complete on site.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2011, 7:12 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
I think it may be as soon as the end of the month but I don't know for certain. Looks like excavation is just about or is complete on site.
Awesome...its gonna be fun watching the Omni rise along with the other proposals in the Gulch. I'm still holding on hope that WES will be built. With its location, it will look huge from downtown.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2011, 2:02 AM

Small photo update

Just a small photo update/tour I was able to gather Wednesday afternoon. I'm very busy right now and it'll take time to get updates on more projects around the area but I'm working on it.

Encore SoBro Condominiums from Demonbreun

Pinnacle at Symphony Place at night

The Southern Steakhouse & Oyster Bar to occupy the Pinnacle's largest retail space fronting 3rd Ave and Demonbreun

NE corner of the Music City Center

Horrible pic, but shows glass installation continuing on the north side (main entrance) side of the MCC

Facade cladding along the north side of MCC.

Progress continues on the new section of the east bank part of Riverfront Park. This will include several water features, stage, bridge, and other things. The site used to be an old barge building facitility.

You can see the MCC between The Pinnacle and Encore. You used to be able to see the Gulch skyline from the bridge, no longer now.

The skyline from the east bank on the Shelby Pedestrian Bridge

Last edited by futuresooner; Sep 26, 2011 at 2:19 AM.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
New rendering for the Westin (or whatever brand it ends up) on Broadway...

such a shame this Westin never came to, it would've been spectacular as a transition between historic Lower Broadway and the modern SoBro district.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 2:27 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
such a shame this Westin never came to, it would've been spectacular as a transition between historic Lower Broadway and the modern SoBro district.
Exactly where was the site for this project located? Was this gonna be one of the other hotels for the MCC? Also, any news on when an announcement would come? I know that the majority of the new projects in the Gulch are aiming toward condos/ rentals and offices and the Gulch seems like a bit of a walk for some, but where wold the other hotel be located? The parking low directly to the west of Bridgestone? Who was the developer interested in the First Baptist parking lot? Was that aimed toward a hotel of condos?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Exactly where was the site for this project located? Was this gonna be one of the other hotels for the MCC? Also, any news on when an announcement would come? I know that the majority of the new projects in the Gulch are aiming toward condos/ rentals and offices and the Gulch seems like a bit of a walk for some, but where wold the other hotel be located? The parking low directly to the west of Bridgestone? Who was the developer interested in the First Baptist parking lot? Was that aimed toward a hotel of condos?
It was supposed to be built on a city block bounded by the Shelby Pedestrian Bridge to the south, Broadway on the north fringe, where it actually met, and between 2nd and 3rd Avenues South. The main tower, set back from Broadway, would've sat atop a current surface lot and alley with the NE corner of the property being new but built to character of Lower Broadway. The building at that corner was to be demolished, which still needs to be anyways.

The other MCC hotel is proposed on a surface lot owned by the FBC of Nashville and they're looking to sell it for a decent price. That lot is between 7th and 8th Avenues South and Demonbreun and McGavock, basically the NW corner of the MCC. The lot directly behind the FBC between 7th and 6th is in talks but FBC wants a heavy price because that is their only true parking lot. This site is the rumored 40+ story Marriott or whatever brand.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 9:33 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

^^^Thanks for clearing that up futuresooner...Now, was it FBC that once was looking into building a parking garage, or wanting designated parking in a new garage on their property if sold? I may be imagining this but I wanna say I read it either in an article or on UP. If they do get that and the correct price I see them selling it.

I'm guessing once all this water from the weekend is pumped out and the site dries we will see the foundation being poured for the Omni.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations