HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted May 10, 2007, 11:24 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Village at The Rim tenants very high end and upscale

Tenants for Village at the Rim, 270,000 to be built within The Rim shopping center, are shaping up to be very high end and upscale.

They include:
  • Create and Barrel
  • Bobby Jones
  • Bob's Steak and Chop House
  • Bonefish
  • H&M
  • Jasper's
  • Marche
  • Smith and Hawken
  • Sur La Table
  • Urban Outfitters
  • West Elm*
*second SA location

Village at The Rim will be constructed along with the 14 story hotel/condo Hotel Talavera.

Last edited by sirkingwilliam; May 11, 2007 at 1:23 AM.

Old Posted May 10, 2007, 11:53 PM

delete

Last edited by sirkingwilliam; May 11, 2007 at 1:23 AM.

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 12:01 AM
constructor extrodinaire!

FINALLY a Crate & Barrel! Good Grief it took them a while to get their ass down here!

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 12:05 AM

Rendering of the central section of the Village at The Rim.

The entire development of Village at The Rim will be quite the opposite from The Rim shopping center as there are practically no surfacing parking lots and instead store front parking and parking structure. Also, the central section of the Village will be connected with townhomes.

It looks like a fantastic development.

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 12:08 AM

FYI, the arched entrace you see in the rendering is the entrance to one of the parking garages.

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 1:39 AM
Bears of antiquity

Oh christ!

No parking lagoons!

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 2:15 AM

From looking at the site plan, it seems they have plans for quite a few more hotels.

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 2:22 AM
Bears of antiquity

It also seems to have plans for more big box stores out back

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 2:39 AM
Endless Moments...

What the hell. How in the world is San Antonio, getting a H & M. When not even Houston or Dallas has one. I don't belive it. I am shocked, i am writing them an email. And how is H & M high end, i mean its looks good and is very trendy, i love the store, i wouldnt really call it high end...

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 5:14 AM
Member since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
Tenants for Village at the Rim, 270,000 to be built within The Rim shopping center, are shaping up to be very high end and upscale.

They include:
  • Create and Barrel
  • Bobby Jones
  • Bob's Steak and Chop House
  • Bonefish
  • H&M
  • Jasper's
  • Marche
  • Smith and Hawken
  • Sur La Table
  • Urban Outfitters
  • West Elm*
*second SA location

Village at The Rim will be constructed along with the 14 story hotel/condo Hotel Talavera.
"Very" high-end?

I would have agree if you had left it as "upscale," but not "very high-end." The Village at The Rim is surrounded by surface parking and big-box retailers like Super Target, J.C. Penny, Lowe's, Bust Buy and TJ Maxx. Heck, it’s directly attached to a Bass Pro Shop!

Now, if you’re from a small rural town and have never been to a city with a population above 250,000, then yes, this is “very high-end,” but not for most other individuals.

Crate & Barrel, Smith & Hawken, Z Gallerie, Harold’s, and Jos A. Bank are nice, upscale retailers. Nonetheless, they are mixed-in with the likes of any-town-USA mall retailers such as Urban Outfitters, Relax the Back, Eddie Bauer, Borders Coldwater Creek, Gymboree, and Talbots.

I’m sure the place will look nice and congrats on the H&M. That’s a pretty cool land!

Last edited by GoldenBoot; May 11, 2007 at 5:49 AM.

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 5:28 AM

Why are you bashing the devepolment? I never intended to make it out to be something it isn't, however, read what I wrote. I said the tenant list is shaping up to be high end and upscale. Not The Rim at La Cantera (section with the Bass Pro, JC Penny, Target, Lowe's etc), that's just large scale suburban sprawl development. However, The Village at the Rim is shaping nicely with high end and upscale tenants. The design is also very dense for something so far for downtown as well as surrounded by so much surface parking.

Why not speak of the positives instead of trying to tear it down. I never made a claim that wasn't true. Sure it's mixed in with ho-hum stores but so is almost every upscale or highend shopping center/mall in this country outside of probably Beverly Hill's Rodeo Drive.

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 7:09 AM

hey i was there earlier today and the lifetime fitness is abobe the lowes on a hill... its bad ass how they have it all set up!

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 12:53 PM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

Quote:
Why are you bashing the devepolment? I never intended to make it out to be something it isn't, however, read what I wrote. I said the tenant list is shaping up to be high end and upscale. Not The Rim at La Cantera (section with the Bass Pro, JC Penny, Target, Lowe's etc), that's just large scale suburban sprawl development. However, The Village at the Rim is shaping nicely with high end and upscale tenants. The design is also very dense for something so far for downtown as well as surrounded by so much surface parking.

Why not speak of the positives instead of trying to tear it down. I never made a claim that wasn't true. Sure it's mixed in with ho-hum stores but so is almost every upscale or highend shopping center/mall in this country outside of probably Beverly Hill's Rodeo Drive.
I'm down with sirking. The Rim? Eh... Village at the Rim? A definite improvement with exciting potential.

sirking - do you (or anyone else) know what the deal is with "phase 2" of the shops at la cantera? you know, the one with AMC theater....

alexjon - parking lagoons? what are parking lagoons? (and why should we be afraid of them?

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 6:35 PM

THIS THING IS A MONSTER! I had mentioned that Lifetime was on the hill above Lowes, but i was wrong after looking at the site plan....but i am gonna ADD TO THE LIST above (sirking started) some of the names i read off of the site plan! ALSO, check out the site plan for yourselves on this PDF flyer!

http://www.reatarealestate.com/prope...geattherim.pdf

stone werks
j. Crew
California Pizza Kitchen
Piatti (i used to work at the one in the quarry)
Satel's

OH AND WHERE THE HELL IS THE CRATE N BARRELL? I DON'T SEE IT?

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 6:49 PM

Ok... I Found Crate And Barrell But After Looking At The Pic Of The Hotel/condo, It Doesn't Seem To Be 14 Floors High?

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 9:07 PM

Does this mean that CPK and Eddie Bauer will close their huebner oaks locations. Also their are two different site plans on page 8 & 9. Which one is right? The two are very different with different stores and locations for the stores.

Old Posted May 11, 2007, 10:39 PM

Also, you're right there seems to be two different site plans, however the stores are the same however between the too there are additions, in the black and white site plan there is building that just says "books" and in the brown site plan that building says "Borders". I'm not sure which is the current site plan but if I had to bet it would be the colored site plan that is current and correct.

As for the rendering of the hotel, that's the rendering Thomasent.com first had before they replaced it with the current hotel they have there. My guess is the rendering was the first one and that since then they haven't drawn new ones or just haven't released any new ones.

Old Posted May 12, 2007, 1:41 PM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

^ I am also thinking that the hotel/condo rendering in the pdf is just a stand-in until they have a firm rendering to work with.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2008, 6:08 AM

Renderings of The Village at The Rim.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2008, 6:51 AM
Bears of antiquity

Yick.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio