Here is the most recent render of it.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2013, 5:21 PM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-paladin View Post

Wait, we are both gay...

That's better.
LMAO!

It's true about what I said though. I've seen people get berrated in the Vancouver forum for merely suggesting that a tower is now officially UC because the excavation was complete and the core was starting to be formed in the bottom.

Whereas in Toronto, both INDX and BA East were listed as UC days before they started digging

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2013, 7:03 PM
ARTchitecture

I'm going to name The Mark a graduate of the list, even though it's getting kicked off by Altoria. It is completely topped out with cladding almost at the top, so I think it's alright.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2013, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
LMAO!

It's true about what I said though. I've seen people get berrated in the Vancouver forum for merely suggesting that a tower is now officially UC because the excavation was complete and the core was starting to be formed in the bottom.

Whereas in Toronto, both INDX and BA East were listed as UC days before they started digging
Maybe some guys from Vancouver remember too well some big projects that were put on hold after digging started. That can be very frustrating.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2013, 10:21 PM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
Altoria is 130m
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=161252

Here is the most recent render of it.
I actually found a nicer updated version! Pretty cool actually. They did a comparison between the redesign.

http://altoria.ca/en/project.php

Old Posted Mar 12, 2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
LMAO!

Perhaps we are a little more confident here , or possibly a little naive. In my opinion if they've started digging then it's U/C. Only a handful of projects have stalled or died after digging begins.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2013, 11:01 PM
ARTchitecture

I'm trying to think of why Vancouverites are so belligerent against labeling things what they are(such as UC buildings being UC). I can only think of one major project in Vancouver in recent history that was stalled for a long time, and that is Vancouver's Turn... and it's back UC full-steam again! I dunno.

So should I put La Rocabella Sud and Tour Windsor on the list then?

Old Posted Mar 12, 2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
I'm trying to think of why Vancouverites are so belligerent against labeling things what they are(such as UC buildings being UC). I can only think of one major project in Vancouver in recent history that was stalled for a long time, and that is Vancouver's Turn... and it's back UC full-steam again! I dunno.

I'd love to see a forumer ask a construction worker at an excavation site for their job title and then correct them that they are not actually a construction worker but only an excavator.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2013, 11:15 PM
ARTchitecture

The way some of those dudes were berating and attacking anyone who didn't agree with their incorrect opinion, I could actually see them doing exactly that, and then kicking the dude in the balls then curb stomping him if he said "Nope, you're wrong. I'm a construction worker." lmao!

Old Posted Mar 12, 2013, 11:19 PM
Look at me!

Quote:

The Deloitte tower (Tour Windsor) is a tricky one. We don't know if they're still clearing the rubble from the demolition or if they started excavating yet. It's probably in the final stages of site prep.

As for Roccabella, there are no signs that they have actually started punching the ground.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
The way some of those dudes were berating and attacking anyone who didn't agree with their incorrect opinion, I could actually see them doing exactly that, and then kicking the dude in the balls then curb stomping him if he said "Nope, you're wrong. I'm a construction worker." lmao!
I'm under the impression the majority of people on here wouldn't stand a chance against a construction worker in hand to hand combat.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2013, 11:33 PM
ARTchitecture

Okay, I'll leave it as is for now. I'd imagine Tour Windsor will be the next to join the list, unless Herald Square or L'Avenue both make quantum leaps forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewjm3D View Post
I'm under the impression the majority of people on here wouldn't stand a chance against a construction worker in hand to hand combat.
No worries, I'll protect y'all. I can kick some ass. Or we can just get Traynor to help

Old Posted Mar 13, 2013, 5:36 PM
ARTchitecture

So is it ye or nay for me to put up Tour Windsor?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2013, 6:06 PM
Look at me!

Put it in. If it ain't officially digging now, it will be by week's end.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2013, 11:09 PM
Look at me!

Quote:

As for Roccabella, there are no signs that they have actually started punching the ground.
Yeah never mind what I said. A few days ago, Le Roccabella became the first Bell centre project to break ground. Only the first tower is going up though, the other twin is still "proposed".

http://www.mtlurb.com/forums/attachm...2&d=1363207718
By LeGlaude on mtlurb

Old Posted Mar 13, 2013, 11:21 PM
ARTchitecture

which one though? Sud?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2013, 12:33 AM
Look at me!

Honestly, I don't know how that sud and nord got started. There's the tower at the east end of the lot and then there's the twin at the west side.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2013, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Mtl View Post
Maybe some guys from Vancouver remember too well some big projects that were put on hold after digging started. That can be very frustrating.
No it's just a consensus that the rules of the main section of the forum apply there too. There was a consensus here a while back where the majority decided that excavation meant U/C. Majority rules so in the Canada section it is UC at excav but the rest of the site does not operate that way.

Quote:
I assume you're talking about me. No one berated and attacked any one, there is just a certain level of frustration as it has been explained again and again why digging a hole isn't considered U/C. Hell you don't even need a building permit to excavate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewjm3D View Post
I'd love to see a forumer ask a construction worker at an excavation site for their job title and then correct them that they are not actually a construction worker but only an excavator.
To be honest I'm not even sure they would disagree. Excavation companies don't build anything so I can't imagine why someone digging a hole with a backhoe would consider himself constructing anything. That said I can't imagine they would even care or get into this kind of silly semantic minutia.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2013, 3:07 PM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Honestly, I don't know how that sud and nord got started. There's the tower at the east end of the lot and then there's the twin at the west side.
Okay... so which one is started?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2013, 8:28 PM
Look at me!

^The one on the east side.

Here it is today. By LeGlaude on mtlurb

http://www.mtlurb.com/forums/attachm...3&d=1363291685

Meanwhile on the other side of the Bell centre, Deloitte Tower digging well under way

By LeGlaude on mtlurb

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada