HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Closed Thread

Old Posted May 8, 2012, 9:09 PM
BANNED

I find it funny how you continue to tell people to stop posting in threads because you don't like what they have to say. Anyone on this board can post in any thread they please. You are not the arbiter of what and where anyone can post.

Old Posted May 9, 2012, 4:12 AM
Still cyber-converted fka

Keep it civil, please.

Old Posted May 9, 2012, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Will View Post
I find it funny how you continue to tell people to stop posting in threads because you don't like what they have to say. Anyone on this board can post in any thread they please.
And they can because they are invited to do so by the owner of this private website. That invitation can be revoked at all times

Quote:
You are not the arbiter of what and where anyone can post.
No the mods are and just as a heads up, we are currently debating ways to reduce the assholish that plagues this forum. We mean to be an pleasant and inviting forum for everyone and as far as I'm concerned the enjoyment of our forumers takes precedence over "anyone getting to post whatever they want", this includes people with only marginal knowledge of Atlanta dictating the course of the debate on that city (if only by "just giving their opinion") as well as people insisting on comparing New York to Toronto in each and every Toronto thread. We all need to ask ourselves what our purpose here on the forum is..."being right"? or enjoying our time here and let others enjoy theirs here as well?

Old Posted May 9, 2012, 6:00 PM
BANNED

I don't think I ever "dictated the course of the debate". I gave my opinion (just like everyone else in the thread did), and backed it up with links. Another moderator (Shawn) even agreed with me. I never asked anyone agree to with me, and I never told anyone else not to post in the thread because I didn't like their opinion on the topic. You can take it or leave it.

What I've never done is told someone to stop posting in a thread because I didn't agree with their opinion.

Old Posted May 9, 2012, 6:19 PM

I'm not talking about anyone personally. But can you seriously not see how people from Atlanta might feel attacked? Pretty strange because if someone not from Toronto starts to make statements about it forumers from Toronto feel are not true or not nuanced enough, I bet you'de see it then.

Old Posted May 9, 2012, 6:38 PM
BANNED

I never attacked anyone, on the forum or off the forum. I never even attacked the city or its people. I talked about the built environment of one part of the city, and had 6 or 7 others (including at least one moderator) agreed with me. I never resorted to foul language, vulgar pictures or descriptions, personal attacks, or anything else that was uncivil. Nobody on this forum is responsible for the physical layout of the neighbourhood (to my knowledge), so I don't see how any of them can feel attacked.

If someone made similar comments about part of Toronto I might disagree with them (depending on what part of the city), but I wouldn't feel they were attacking me. In fact, if they were talking about somewhere similar in Toronto (like saying that Scarborough Centre or Mississauga City Centre does not have an urban built environment), I would agree with them. I certainly wouldn't feel like they were holding me responsible for Scarborough's built environment. I had nothing to do with it.

Old Posted May 9, 2012, 6:56 PM

Quote:
I never attacked anyone, on the forum or off the forum. I never even attacked the city or its people. I talked about the built environment of one part of the city, and had 6 or 7 others (including at least one moderator) agreed with me. I never resorted to foul language, vulgar pictures or descriptions, personal attacks, or anything else that was uncivil. Nobody on this forum is responsible for the physical layout of the neighbourhood (to my knowledge), so I don't see how any of them can feel attacked.
Again, I never said you did.

The point is that Atlanta forumers don't come to this forum to just see their city critisized, just like Toronto forumers don't come to this forum to have their city critisized or compared negatively to other cities. People from those cities know their city better than the ones with only marginal knowledge and (I dare say it) no real interest in it, who are currently dictating the type of debate that is had on the forum. It needs to stop. The enjoyment people have coming to the forum and reading and posting about places that are interesting to them is more important than other people "giving their opinion" (be it a valid one or just trolling). Not every thread about Atlanta needs to be about "how non urban it is"...

Old Posted May 10, 2012, 1:15 PM

Quote:
I find it funny how you continue to tell people to stop posting in threads because you don't like what they have to say. Anyone on this board can post in any thread they please. You are not the arbiter of what and where anyone can post.
Part of the problem is posts such as the one above. I never told anyone to stop posting in any thread, yet you feel the need to tell me that I did. I never acted as an arbiter, yet you feel the need to accuse me of such. This is obviously a holdover from another thread that you got upset about for some reason, and it really has no place in this thread or on this site.

I definitely consider it personal if not an attack. What else is it if not personal? Let's discuss the issues, not your feelings toward individual members. I'm not actually sure that the intent of this thread is, but it's certainly not about me.

Old Posted May 11, 2012, 1:03 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelJ View Post
Part of the problem is posts such as the one above. I never told anyone to stop posting in any thread, yet you feel the need to tell me that I did. I never acted as an arbiter, yet you feel the need to accuse me of such. This is obviously a holdover from another thread that you got upset about for some reason, and it really has no place in this thread or on this site.

I definitely consider it personal if not an attack. What else is it if not personal? Let's discuss the issues, not your feelings toward individual members. I'm not actually sure that the intent of this thread is, but it's certainly not about me.
nm

Old Posted May 11, 2012, 7:50 PM

Let it go already.

Old Posted May 11, 2012, 10:30 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Let it go already.
LOL. I had let it go. That's why I said nm ("never mind"). It had been dropped and dead until you responded and said "let it go already". If you wanted to let go you wouldn't have responded to my "nm" comment.

And for the love of god, stop PMing me.

Old Posted May 12, 2012, 12:20 AM
Volatile Pacivist

When do this and the southern cities threads come out on DVD?

Old Posted May 12, 2012, 3:33 AM

Quote:
LOL. I had let it go. That's why I said nm ("never mind"). It had been dropped and dead until you responded and said "let it go already". If you wanted to let go you wouldn't have responded to my "nm" comment.

And for the love of god, stop PMing me.
"You stop it first, then I'll stop it." How ridiculous. It seems like city-data may suit you better.

I messaged you once to ask you to stop this, so don't act like I'm stalking you. I don't know what your problem is, but I'll block your posts from here on out so I don't have to read the nonsense and can continue to enjoy participating here.

Last edited by TarHeelJ; May 12, 2012 at 3:45 AM.

Old Posted May 12, 2012, 3:54 AM
BANNED

Quote:
"You stop it first, then I'll stop it." How ridiculous. It seems like city-data may suit you better.

I messaged you once to ask you to stop this, so don't act like I'm stalking you. I don't know what your problem is, but I'll block your posts from here on out so I don't have to read the nonsense and can continue to enjoy participating here.
LOL. You tell me to let it go already, but you won't shut up yourself. You are insistent that this thread not die.

Now take your own advice and let it go already. And while you're taking your own advice, maybe you would prefer City Data yourself. You talk about blocking my posts. Why didn't you do that previously instead of whining like a child.

I never asked you to "stop it first". What I did was told you that I already had "let it go", yet you continued to respond in post #30 when the thread was already dead and buried. You resurrected it because apparently you don't want it to die.

End

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions