HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Jul 22, 2009, 12:48 PM

Thanks again, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Kay, I'm envious. Are you modeling this house just for fun or an idea of whats to come?
Probably just for fun - and to learn indoor rendering. I guess I'm always going to live in an apartment building, but hopefully I'll have at least a summer cottage some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesrule View Post
...Anyway what is the file size for the house? I just love it!
Thanks, Flamesrule! The file size is just over 3 MB's at the moment. Btw, how do you like Kipper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
Okay, where did you get those wood floors? They look awesome. I think my problem with Kerk is that they don't have enough textures. And you're right about the fabrics, they look bad and are hard to make. Tiles are hard too because sometimes they look like a glossy picture on the ground and you don't see the depth in the cracks and all. And my last issue is that you don't have enough space to make good looking renderings because of the walls!

Those renderings are great, how tall are the ceilings? Do you windows have double glass or just a single one? Do you plan on working on new houses later on?
The wood floors are from the model from the 3d Warehouse I posted a link about in my previous post. So they're SU textures and in KT I just add a bit of reflection and a bump map I made of the texture. The Kerk wood floor materials that I found were not the kind of wood floor I was looking for.

The walls are a bit of an issue in indoor rendering. For smaller rooms I try to use a wider field of view, but on the other hand I dislike the distortion it brings.

The windows in this model are just single glass. In Finland triple glass is the standard, but I thought to cut back on realism and save some rendering time.

Here's new renders:
The guestroom / study. The guitars are from 3d Warehouse. The Strat is by The Thired Guy and the classical is by sandman

A kid's room:

The dining area:

I have now made renderings of all the rooms I have finished. I am going to be very busy the following weeks, so I don't know when I'm going to post more...

Old Posted Jul 22, 2009, 2:50 PM

hahaha..... nice, you shrunk the sketchup cars and made them mini models.
Cool house vellu, it smells like america.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2009, 3:11 PM

Insane. I have one of those storage thingos ("Hurts" in Swedish) in my room. Also great renders!

Old Posted Jul 23, 2009, 2:38 AM
Closed account

I love the kitchen!The lightning is great and the project itself rock!Anyway you mean the Flames goalie kippersauf(spelling)Ahhh hes ok I guess.If they didn't put him in net more he would be awsome.Then agian he is overrated.I think thats who you are talking about

Old Posted Jul 24, 2009, 6:23 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Those were amazing renderings. I love the small dividers in the kitchen island. I ALWAYS place islands on kitchens but the back always looks bad and I don't know whether it should be plain white or with wood or what. Did you make your windows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vellu View Post
The wood floors are from the model from the 3d Warehouse I posted a link about in my previous post. So they're SU textures and in KT I just add a bit of reflection and a bump map I made of the texture. The Kerk wood floor materials that I found were not the kind of wood floor I was looking for.

The walls are a bit of an issue in indoor rendering. For smaller rooms I try to use a wider field of view, but on the other hand I dislike the distortion it brings.
Just a couple questions:
How do you create bump maps? I always just use a texture but they don't come out the way I want them.

And how do you make wider fields of view? I've tried changing the rendering so it comes out wide and gets more space but I can't get it right.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2011, 12:22 PM

It's been a long time since I updated anything at this forum. I've had little time for modeling lately and none of it has been used for Bourne. What I have been modeling, is the upcoming renovation of our apartment. Since there's not too much activity going on at this forum, I decided I'd show you the renders I've managed to produce. Here we go:

The main focus of the renovation is the bathroom. It will be completely redone. The waterproofing, the tiles, the roof, the lighting, the furniture... everything. Only thing that will move on from the old bathroom is the laundry machine and the dryer.

Here's the bathroom looking the other way. This is an old render, so some of the plans have since changed.

The vestibule will also be pretty much redone. The wall between it and the master bedroom will be torn down and a storage area with sliding doors opening to both rooms will be built between. New floor, roof and lighting will be installed and the walls will be painted.

The master bedroom will have new closets, new entrance from the living room and some paint on the walls. Hopefully we'll get a new bed also. This is the design for the new one.

The living room will have a new entrance to the master bedroom and new paint and decorations on the walls.

Hopefully I can return to Bourne after the renovation is finished in May.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2011, 10:58 PM

Wow. That's really good! I especially love all the light fixtures...

It'll always be the Sears Tower to me.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2011, 7:36 PM
Closed account

Very nice renderings, Vellu. They look professional.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2011, 5:36 AM

Really great! Not sure about the glass doors connecting living and bedroom

Old Posted Mar 21, 2011, 10:06 AM

Superb renders Vellu. Good idea to design your proposed renovations in 3D first - must say your apartment looks v nice. Tree motif in the living room looks cool!

Old Posted Mar 22, 2011, 9:39 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

nice! looks very simple and clean. imo simplicity is better for body and mind when it comes to home designs. i don't mean bland, like those empty white walls, roof and white furniture homes though!

Old Posted Mar 25, 2011, 2:33 PM

wow, those renderings of your apartment renovation are amazing. very impressed!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup