HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Portland Suburbs and the State of Oregon

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2017, 4:29 PM

Thanks for the share. Am I correct in understanding that the want to retain some of the industries there? Industrial jobs are the backbone of any economy.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2017, 8:01 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlov's Dog View Post
Thanks for the share. Am I correct in understanding that the want to retain some of the industries there? Industrial jobs are the backbone of any economy.
I believe they do, plus Milwaukie has another industrial district along 224. From what I can tell, the industrial area along the north end of the town is where they want to push for redevelopment of more tech based industrial and flex office space. Obviously it makes sense to plan for workforce urban housing on the very north end because of the proximity to the light rail stop. My hope is that we would see something more along the lines of 4-6 story apartment buildings with retail along the first floor.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2017, 9:34 AM
A before E

Looks like a new Milwaukie High School is coming to downtown Milwaukie. They will be tearing down the existing main building in June 2018, and rebuilding a new main building.

http://bond.nclack.k12.or.us/sites/d...ntation_v2.pdf

Old Posted Apr 3, 2018, 7:38 AM
A before E

Not much news, but the Barnard Garage is finally beginning demolition for the new apartment building that will be going up in downtown Milwaukie. The good news about the demolition is the Barnard Garage sign will be saved as it is getting donated to the Milwaukie Museum....also Milwaukie has a historical museum in case you didn't know.

Bernard's Garage sign heads to Milwaukie Museum

Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 9:21 PM
RCTID

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
Not much news, but the Barnard Garage is finally beginning demolition for the new apartment building that will be going up in downtown Milwaukie. The good news about the demolition is the Barnard Garage sign will be saved as it is getting donated to the Milwaukie Museum....also Milwaukie has a historical museum in case you didn't know.

Bernard's Garage sign heads to Milwaukie Museum
Has anyone heard the name of the potential anchor brewery/restaurant they were in discussions with?

Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 4:30 PM
Submarine de Nucléar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdX Farr View Post
Has anyone heard the name of the potential anchor brewery/restaurant they were in discussions with?
Crane is going up today.

2009 - 15,749 | 2010 - 17,576 | 2011 - 18,257 | 2012 - 18,794

Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 8:35 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilfondel View Post
Crane is going up today.
I have been watching them put in the base in recent days, figure when the air quality is better I was gonna go for a walk with my daughter and take photos of all the work going on because there is this apartment building going up, the demolition and rebuild of the high school, Northwest Housing Alternatives is doing a large redevelopment, plus the library should be getting rebuilt sometime eventually.

Also one of the last farms in Milwaukie is currently under construction for what I assume to be a new housing development.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 10:29 PM
RCTID

Quote:
Crane is going up today.
Crane is almost completely up. Should have taken pictures on my walk today. Ill get some on here eventually.

Still interested in know what anchor tenant this is going to have.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 6:17 AM
Submarine de Nucléar

Quote:
Looks like a new Milwaukie High School is coming to downtown Milwaukie. They will be tearing down the existing main building in June 2018, and rebuilding a new main building.

http://bond.nclack.k12.or.us/sites/d...ntation_v2.pdf
The high school students have been moved into portables, and there is some construction ongoing at the school.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 7:33 PM
RCTID

Here are some pictures I took of the crane and job site today.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2018, 9:07 PM
A before E

Quote:
The high school students have been moved into portables, and there is some construction ongoing at the school.
High school is gonna suck for those kids for the next couple years. It also looks like just east of the school, there has been construction activity for a temporary football field.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 5:02 PM
Submarine de Nucléar

Old Posted Oct 12, 2019, 5:07 PM
RCTID

Now that axle tree is almost done, has there been any news on what restaurants/ retail is going into it?

Old Posted Oct 12, 2019, 9:35 PM

Quote:
High school is gonna suck for those kids for the next couple years. It also looks like just east of the school, there has been construction activity for a temporary football field.
How NIMBYs are born, lol.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 6:44 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOPO View Post
How NIMBYs are born, lol.
Possibly, though the new High school is looking really good.

Quote:
Now that axle tree is almost done, has there been any news on what restaurants/ retail is going into it?
I haven't heard of anything yet, Urban Works is involved with leasing the space, so I am hoping we will start hearing something soon. There was rumor about something like Breakside opening a brewpub, but that was just a rumor that wasn't based on much.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2019, 7:17 AM
A before E

There is a lot of things going on in downtown Milwaukie right now, I suggest stopping by Decibel, a new cocktail bar that makes amazing drinks near the light rail stop, then taking a buzzed stroll around downtown to see all the new projects.

The high school is in full swing for construction, a really awesome housing development just went up next to the high school as well. Then there is the new library going in which is close to being done from the looks of it.

Milwaukie just purchased the Advantis Credit Union building at the north end of downtown and plan to make that building the new City Hall for Milwaukie. This means the old City Hall is potentially going to get renovated for something else. I wouldn't be surprised if the parking lot behind the building gets developed along with the city hall getting renovated.

Then there is a jerk of a building owner kitty corner from city hall that has basically made his entire storefront building vacant for no reason beyond being mad at the city for some dumb NIMBY reason.

There is also a new pathway under construction under the light rail bridge that connects to river road.

Milwaukie is also in the works with making it so people who wish to develop their sites could build cottage housing, meaning something like 2-12 cottages can be built on a single lot. This will be a great move for Milwaukie to encourage a more organic growth for increased density, especially since Milwaukie has a lot of long lots and plenty of oversized lots.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 1:49 AM
RCTID

Quote:
There is a lot of things going on in downtown Milwaukie right now, I suggest stopping by Decibel, a new cocktail bar that makes amazing drinks near the light rail stop, then taking a buzzed stroll around downtown to see all the new projects.

The high school is in full swing for construction, a really awesome housing development just went up next to the high school as well. Then there is the new library going in which is close to being done from the looks of it.

Milwaukie just purchased the Advantis Credit Union building at the north end of downtown and plan to make that building the new City Hall for Milwaukie. This means the old City Hall is potentially going to get renovated for something else. I wouldn't be surprised if the parking lot behind the building gets developed along with the city hall getting renovated.

Then there is a jerk of a building owner kitty corner from city hall that has basically made his entire storefront building vacant for no reason beyond being mad at the city for some dumb NIMBY reason.

There is also a new pathway under construction under the light rail bridge that connects to river road.

Milwaukie is also in the works with making it so people who wish to develop their sites could build cottage housing, meaning something like 2-12 cottages can be built on a single lot. This will be a great move for Milwaukie to encourage a more organic growth for increased density, especially since Milwaukie has a lot of long lots and plenty of oversized lots.
You forgot one project that I am excited for, the redevelopment of the waterfront is in progress and the plans call for better access to the river, a playground and splash area among some other things. Downtown Milwaukie is certainly on the rise.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2019, 6:58 AM
A before E

Quote:
You forgot one project that I am excited for, the redevelopment of the waterfront is in progress and the plans call for better access to the river, a playground and splash area among some other things. Downtown Milwaukie is certainly on the rise.
Oh yeah, the waterfront park is a slow process. We get a little bit at a time, the city just built a new bridge because the old one had serious issues, and a new staircase from the walkway down to the water was built. As for the rest of the proposed stuff, that is all still in early planning phase and trying to find funding phase. Or as someone from the Parks Department once told me "We will name the park after anyone who wants to give us money to pay for it."

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Portland Suburbs and the State of Oregon