HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 3:47 AM

I will try and get a pic. I like it a lot. The Pierpont used steel for their deck walls and they have nice rusty patina. It looks cool.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 4:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePusherMan View Post
Did we ever see better renderings of this project? The ones on downtown rising are really really basic.
Also wasn't this the project that got rejected?? If so there should be new renderings of the building.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 6:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
Also wasn't this the project that got rejected?? If so there should be new renderings of the building.
I don't think this is anything new or up to date, but it shows a few different angles of renders. It's all I could dig up.

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...Apartments.pdf

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 7:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC PopPunk View Post
I don't think this is anything new or up to date, but it shows a few different angles of renders. It's all I could dig up.

I tried searching for new renderings as well but couldnt find any other than the ones you linked.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 3:49 PM
SLC Lifer

Marmalade Grocery

Not sure if this has been posted, but I was shopping at Lee's grocery in NSL, which is the closest grocery store to Rose Park that doesn't suck (Smiths in Rose Park has really gone down hill). Lee's is a Logan and Ogden grocer with an extremely good selection, Butcher, floral, organics, local brands etc. Sort of a smaller Harmons with better fruit and veg so I shop at their NSL Redwood location. I was talking to my checker and she said their next project was Marmalade. I'm assuming this is the grocery anchor for the Marmalae development. This is really good news for the hood. It will be a smaller store but great get for Clearwater.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvland View Post
Not sure if this has been posted, but I was shopping at Lee's grocery in NSL, which is the closest grocery store to Rose Park that doesn't suck (Smiths in Rose Park has really gone down hill). Lee's is a Logan and Ogden grocer with an extremely good selection, Butcher, floral, organics, local brands etc. Sort of a smaller Harmons with better fruit and veg so I shop at their NSL Redwood location. I was talking to my checker and she said their next project was Marmalade. I'm assuming this is the grocery anchor for the Marmalae development. This is really good news for the hood. It will be a smaller store but great get for Clearwater.
I had heard that Lee's was going into the 4th West Apartments. That's what the leasing office told my friend when he was looking to lease there. It will be interesting to see where they end up, but good to hear that the west side will be getting a grocery store finally!

I remember when there used to be a grocery store at the site of the current Marmalade library. My grandma lived about a block from there and we used to walk to it. It was a Safeway, then I think it was Food Town or something like that, before becoming a movie rental place and then sat empty for a long time.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Sunny in SLC View Post
I will try and get a pic. I like it a lot. The Pierpont used steel for their deck walls and they have nice rusty patina. It looks cool.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC PopPunk View Post

I can tell the difference. It looks good. Though, the biggest complaint previously was not about what it looked like from Broadway, but from the other north south streets. The city rejected it because it was so long that it stretched through the entire block, and that long side is still very visible from those north-south streets. Basically, a 600 foot long 6-story building.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 6:59 PM

Here's a video of a designer showing a little bit of how the post district will look like.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5DI-ghp...=14mk20coupth4

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 8:02 PM

Cool.

Anybody know that this project is? It's on 33rd south & 5th east.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B45NZEBpctG/

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Cool.

That looks like where the new Salt Lake County library is going, though I can't tell what that sketch is supposed to be.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 8:55 PM

Yes, that's the new Salt Lake County Library branch. They're calling it the Granite Branch. It's already moved fairly far through South Salt Lake's planning process if not the whole way. You can see a rendering at link to this staff report (I've seen better, but this is what a quick google search pulled up)

http://www.southsaltlakecity.com/upl..._19_Final_.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Cool.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 2:57 PM
SLC Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRes View Post
I had heard that Lee's was going into the 4th West Apartments. That's what the leasing office told my friend when he was looking to lease there. It will be interesting to see where they end up, but good to hear that the west side will be getting a grocery store finally!

I remember when there used to be a grocery store at the site of the current Marmalade library. My grandma lived about a block from there and we used to walk to it. It was a Safeway, then I think it was Food Town or something like that, before becoming a movie rental place and then sat empty for a long time.
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know that 4th West had a grocery component. All she said was "over by Marmalade". That's great. Makes me wonder what the grocery plan is for Marmalade. I love the smaller grocery model. Makes the city feel so much more urban.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 3:34 PM

Pet peeve

Architectural renderings with manipulated perspective and no vertical vanishing point drive me crazy.

But now we're manipulating photographs of the finished product, too?!

This view CANNOT exist in the space-time continuum we inhabit, and it just disappoints anyone who actually sees the building in real life.

Each window and balcony in this picture gets stretched more and more, the higher the floor, in order to preserve the unnatural impression of the building towering over the viewer. It's a lie, and I hate it. Am I alone here?

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob sacomano View Post
Architectural renderings with manipulated perspective and no vertical vanishing point drive me crazy.

But now we're manipulating photographs of the finished product, too?!

This view CANNOT exist in the space-time continuum we inhabit, and it just disappoints anyone who actually sees the building in real life.

Each window and balcony in this picture gets stretched more and more, the higher the floor, in order to preserve the unnatural impression of the building towering over the viewer. It's a lie, and I hate it. Am I alone here?

Go get us an actual photo then.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 6:17 PM

Working “space-time continuum” into a comment on this forum. Well done sir.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 10:26 PM

Lee’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvland View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know that 4th West had a grocery component. All she said was "over by Marmalade". That's great. Makes me wonder what the grocery plan is for Marmalade. I love the smaller grocery model. Makes the city feel so much more urban.
If ya’ll are looking for a job, it looks like they are hiring.
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/b...ace-1574105337

Old Posted Nov 22, 2019, 5:37 AM

Does anyone know if the new shelters will provide meals? If so is St Vincent De Paul necessary? I know they are planning on staying open, but if the new shelters provide that I suppose St Vincent will focus on people who refuse shelter services?

Old Posted Nov 22, 2019, 2:00 PM

The new shelters do provide meals. I know that St. Vincent De Paul has no intention to close. St. Vincent De Paul is also the location of the Weigand Homeless Resource Center which offers a pretty big variety of daytime services. Because Catholic Community Services operates St. Vincent De Paul in addition to the new Gail Miller Resource Center, I'm sure they're planning on leveraging the services of both centers.

But it does look like in the meantime they will serve as a backup for those who don't want to move to the new shelters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Sunny in SLC View Post
Does anyone know if the new shelters will provide meals? If so is St Vincent De Paul necessary? I know they are planning on staying open, but if the new shelters provide that I suppose St Vincent will focus on people who refuse shelter services?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West