HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 2:34 AM

Unhappy Green Market

I gotta disagree NanoBison. I went there pretty much every week. I got my coffee (fresh roasted from an NDSU grad roaster in Fergus Falls), the best cornichons (small, really tart dill pickles), cheeses, local vegetables, homemade bagels, and gourmet food. I also went there for tapas and other foods. It really, really sucks that they are closing, because they were my lifeline to super-high quality local food without the Whole Foods price. It's a sad, sad day in Fargo when these folks can't make it (I think Andrea was the former head chef at the HoDo). I hope they find a way to make this happen at a later date (and in maybe a better downtown location with more parking).

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 6:59 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoBison View Post
I'm not surprised Krispy Kreme is closing up shop. They basically sell fat and flour that's been deep-fried. The company itself as a whole, isn't doing very well. From it's stock high of 49.00/share (2003) it's now around ~$3.00/share.

Green Market on the other hand, while a nice concept, I kinda didn't think was going to stick around. There food was more "health food" and expensive. Yeah, it was a deli, and I heard they had wine and cheese events that were really nice. But I never saw anything in there that would attract daily business people or students for lunch and dinner hours.... Hopefully the current owners can rethink the idea and come up with something else. I also think it's a great location, but the inside could use a lot of work in terms of remodeling. But it's big enough for a decent sized restaurant with the big back room they have...

Had a crappy donut and shitty coffee at KrispyKrap in Fargo this past summer, when I drove up to the place I actually thought it had closed down already (no cars in lot, garbage in parking lot)! A Tim Horton's on that location would probably do well with just the patronage of Canadian shoppers.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 11:38 PM
still here

Well, the Krispy Kreme Donut building has already been purchased. Rumor has it, a friend of friend has purchased the building and is opening a Panera in that local.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2008, 2:20 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Misthebest View Post
Well, the Krispy Kreme Donut building has already been purchased. Rumor has it, a friend of friend has purchased the building and is opening a Panera in that local.
Panera Bread??? let's hope to God it's true!!!

Old Posted Jan 3, 2008, 3:35 AM

Panera would be a good, logical choice.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2008, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyBoy View Post
Hooray!!! 4 down, 46 to go!!!

Jimmy John's
Bruegger's Bagels
Chipotle
Panera Bread
Dunn Bros. Coffee
Dave & Buster's
CompUSA
Pottery Barn
Dick's Sporting Goods
The Men's Wearhouse
Circuit City
Popeye's Fried Chicken
Marshall's
Hollister
Apple Store
Staples
Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ultimate Electronics
Borders Books
Boston Market
White Castle
Lids
Old Country Buffet
DSW Shoe Warehouse
Costco
Joe's Crab Shack
Houlihan's
Cinnabon
REI
Cabela's
Whole Foods
Noodle's & Company
Jamba Juice
The Sports Authority
Champs Sports
Baskin-Robbins
California Pizza Kitchen
P.F. Chang's
Buca di Beppo
Don Pablo's
Benihana
Sonic
Fuddruckers
Tony Roma's
Stein Mart
Archiver's
Williams Sonoma
Crate & Barrel
Fatburger
Bally's Fitness
Nice List. IMO thats alotta sports stores. I believe CompUSA is closing its doors. Cabelas is in East Grand Forks and i cant possibly see them opening anoother store this close. Sonic is a real long shot because they are not into North Dakota. The closest one is in Sioux Falls though. Circuit City would do well here because there is no competition to Worst Buy err Best Buy. Fargo is so behind in technology i cant see the Apple Store coming real soon. Dave & Busters is another store that would do very well.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2008, 5:34 AM
FargoMoorhead comin at ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew2109 View Post
Nice List. IMO thats alotta sports stores. I believe CompUSA is closing its doors. Cabelas is in East Grand Forks and i cant possibly see them opening anoother store this close. Sonic is a real long shot because they are not into North Dakota. The closest one is in Sioux Falls though. Circuit City would do well here because there is no competition to Worst Buy err Best Buy. Fargo is so behind in technology i cant see the Apple Store coming real soon. Dave & Busters is another store that would do very well.
Welcome to the thread mathew2109! It's always good to see the Fargo thread grow. Can you elaborate on why you think Fargo is "so behind in technology"? Are talking products, services, or jobs?

Old Posted Jan 5, 2008, 6:00 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Welcome to the thread mathew2109! It's always good to see the Fargo thread grow. Can you elaborate on why you think Fargo is "so behind in technology"? Are talking products, services, or jobs?
I think what he means is the lack of technology retail. For example, the only places where you can go buy a flash drive in this city are the Best Buy at West Acres, or maybe one of the Wal-Marts or Targets, if you can find them there. I have always said a Circuit City would pay off big time in Fargo, due to Best Buy currently holding the monopoly as the city's only large all-electronics store. Either build a 2nd Best Buy in Moorhead (Sioux Falls is building a 2nd Best Buy, so I don't see why F-M, which is almost identical size shouldn't have another one), or build a Circuit City somewhere in the 45th St./13th Ave. corridor. I have to agree with him about the lack of electronics retail.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2008, 7:18 AM

There has to be either another BB or Circuit City biulding in the 52nd ave area. Wouldn't that make sense?

Old Posted Jan 6, 2008, 6:10 AM
still here

I don't know if anyone has read or scanned through this but I found it to be quite interesting. Full of great details.

http://www.fmmetrocog.org/projects/F...%208-15-07.pdf

Old Posted Jan 7, 2008, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Talking about products and services. I moved from Austin and well i was use to the high technology we had there. For example there is no 3g here.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2008, 2:50 PM

Quote:
I think what he means is the lack of technology retail. For example, the only places where you can go buy a flash drive in this city are the Best Buy at West Acres, or maybe one of the Wal-Marts or Targets, if you can find them there. I have always said a Circuit City would pay off big time in Fargo, due to Best Buy currently holding the monopoly as the city's only large all-electronics store. Either build a 2nd Best Buy in Moorhead (Sioux Falls is building a 2nd Best Buy, so I don't see why F-M, which is almost identical size shouldn't have another one), or build a Circuit City somewhere in the 45th St./13th Ave. corridor. I have to agree with him about the lack of electronics retail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson View Post
There has to be either another BB or Circuit City biulding in the 52nd ave area. Wouldn't that make sense?
IMO there should be a Circuit City built down there (52nd Ave/I29). Im kinda of tired of Best Buy holding the fort down. I dont know where on 45th St and 13th Ave you will build the CC at. Maybe at 45th St and 15th Ave across from Bremer Bank??

Old Posted Jan 7, 2008, 8:33 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew2109 View Post
IMO there should be a Circuit City built down there (52nd Ave/I29). Im kinda of tired of Best Buy holding the fort down. I dont know where on 45th St and 13th Ave you will build the CC at. Maybe at 45th St and 15th Ave across from Bremer Bank??
There's an open spot next to Home Depot at 45th St. Marketplace that would be perfect for a Circuit City, IMO. It's just behind McDonald's and Dunn Bros.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2008, 8:45 PM

Quote:
There's an open spot next to Home Depot at 45th St. Marketplace that would be perfect for a Circuit City, IMO. It's just behind McDonald's and Dunn Bros.
I see that more as a pad site for restaurant or another bank site. I remember seeing an aerial view when Petro was the only thing there with Mickie D's there. 19th Ave stopped at Petro back in that pic. Also i think thats too far from the interstate than putting it up in at 52nd Ave/I29. They can put their sign along with the other tennant's signs right off the highway. Also maybe CC right next to Northern Tool on the 45th St/I94 interchange.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2008, 11:16 PM

Tim Horton's is a popular coffee/doughnut franchise in Canada. I know there are some outlets in the U.S.A. I was just wondering if there are any in the Fargo-Moorhead area.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 1:23 AM

You know the developer for that area where the wal-mart is going in on 52nd and I-29 was talking about putting in 3 or so big box stores. There is also the commercial property to the north of Star Fireworks. One could only hope a Circuit City would be one of them. I am so sick of Best Buy, they know they do not have any competition.

I think Fargo is getting big enough and 13th is so packed it needs to review it's thoughts on another location for more retail locations such as 13th. Who know maybe someone will decide it's time to put in another mall.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 6:41 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreFM View Post
You know the developer for that area where the wal-mart is going in on 52nd and I-29 was talking about putting in 3 or so big box stores. There is also the commercial property to the north of Star Fireworks. One could only hope a Circuit City would be one of them. I am so sick of Best Buy, they know they do not have any competition.

I think Fargo is getting big enough and 13th is so packed it needs to review it's thoughts on another location for more retail locations such as 13th. Who know maybe someone will decide it's time to put in another mall.
The city and developers are touting 52nd Ave. as the Next Great Strip. Wal-Mart, Lowe's, Costco and SuperTarget all have agreed to build in varying developments along 52nd. There's three different developments going up on 52nd, The District, Crossroads, and another one I forgot the name of. I just hope construction starts soon, because 52nd is still a dirty 2-lane road, and the Woodhaven and Mercantile developments have already bled into that street.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 6:45 AM
still here

^ What's Crossroads? I know of the Crossing but thats on 32nd.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 7:02 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
There's another development planned for 52nd called "Crossroads" or something like that. Costco and I think SuperTarget have agreed to build there. The District is the one with the Wal-Mart, and I believe Lowes. I believe I heard of a third one, but I don't know much about that one.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 7:02 AM

Quote:
Crossroads is the mall here in St Cloud! haha

And Smiley, you say Costco has agreed to build, but are you maybe confusing that with Shopko? Shopko is what I've heard before.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest