HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment

Old Posted Jan 24, 2011, 6:35 PM

"Portlandia". New York Times Review

Old Posted Aug 19, 2012, 4:41 AM

NBC Series Grimm

I'm not sure how many of you watch NBC's Grimm (or how many of you will even see this thread), but I just had dinner at the Irving Street Kitchen and the show's leading actor, David Giuntoli, sat at the table right next to ours! He's a very cool guy!

Also, it's great seeing them film all over the city. Portland is a very good actor.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2012, 5:56 AM

Love the show and the way they depict Portland. Very different take on the city.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2012, 9:08 PM

Speaking of Portland on TV, I'm not sure if any of you watch Leverage but this season, instead of the show taking in place in Boston but being filmed here it is actually taking place in Portland too.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2012, 3:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown_Gal View Post
Speaking of Portland on TV, I'm not sure if any of you watch Leverage but this season, instead of the show taking in place in Boston but being filmed here it is actually taking place in Portland too.
We were very excited about that. We've stalked the crew for a couple of years and this year watched filming at PSU. It was fun watching the "Boston" scenes and recognizing our great city. This year, they can own it 100 percent!

I'm not a big fan of Grimm, but have watched them shoot up at the house near the Veteran's hospital.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2012, 4:05 AM

Back in June, Director's Park was transformed into a Washington D.C. transit hub. Had FBI agents and D.C. police cars. I can't figure out what it was for though.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2012, 11:03 PM

LAIKA Studios?

Back in 2006 they were planning on a huge expansion with a new campus. With their huge success of their first two movies you'd think they would revive this project and get out of their small sad building they currently sit in.

Caroline and Paranorman together have grossed $222+ million at the box office.

Hillsboro:

Stalled project:

Last edited by Sioux612; Nov 30, 2012 at 3:44 AM.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2012, 12:30 AM
Well designed mixed use

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioux612 View Post
Back in 2006 they were planning on a huge expansion with a new campus. With their huge success of their first two movies you'd think they would revive this project and get out of their small sad building they currently sit in.

Caroline and Paranorman together have grossed $222+ million at the box office.

If I'm not mistaken, they moved most of their production to Hillsboro, no?

Old Posted Nov 30, 2012, 7:43 PM

Foolish. Should have stayed in NW PDX. Could have developed into Conway. Hard to see any creativity coming out of that box. I wonder what happen to Knight that he detests cities so much. Or is it a god/control complex.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2012, 9:53 PM
A before E

Definitely loving this show, it is kind of our little dose of Portland. I have even gotten into watching Leverage, and will probably end up laughing at MTV and their poor portrayal of Portland with the Real World.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2013, 4:08 PM

Just in case anyone is interested. Michelle Lesniak Franklin, from Portland, has made it to the final four on Project Runway this season. The finale is tonight and this is from her facebook page:

"It all happens on Thursday night and if you are in Portland join me at the Backstage Bar dressed up in your fanciest outfits and watch the final episode and runway show on the big screen at 9pm. Raffle prizes featuring items from jewelry from Anne Bocci Boutique & Gallery and McMenamins Pubs, Breweries & Historic Hotels and some hand picked items from me! After the show stick around for music from Redwood Son and don't forget about the fancy drinks like the Shiny Sparkler! WIN or LOSE it's gonna be a party! Hope to see you all there. (It's free, but 21 and over)"

It's always nice to see Portland well-represented and I think she's totally going to win. Also, if she wins she will be the 4th winner from the Portland area out of 11 seasons.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment